ADVERTISEMENT

What Type of UK Turnout Against The Dawgs Should We Expect This Saturday After Our Debacle Against the Cocks?

shadowman4

Junior
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2002
I have never been more disappointed in the outcome of a game against another SEC opponent as I was against the Cocks. The weather is again suppose to be ideal this Saturday, but will UK fans still show up in force against the number one team in the country? My fear is the Georgia fans could show up in force and come close to out numbering the UK fans. What say you other UK fans

There will definitely be a drop in attendance by our fans. Georgia travels well and will fill the seats left behind.

Sellout, just to see the#1 team in the country .At halftime it probably drops to 50% depending on how many UGA fans make the trip

I have never been more disappointed in the outcome of a game against another SEC opponent as I was against the Cocks. The weather is again suppose to be ideal this Saturday, but will UK fans still show up in force against the number one team in the country? My fear is the Georgia fans could show up in force and come close to out numbering the UK fans. What say you other UK fans
Georgia fans will double normal visitors at this game - but doubt many more than that. Reason - UK season ticket holders and UK Student body hold 80% of all tickets to the games. I had decided against going to the game as I walked out of Kroger at the start of the 4th quarter, but then today I thought - hmm- I can see what a real football team looks like this week and the weather is going to be perfect. It also gives Stoops a chance to make a statement about this year with the teams effort. If we get blown out and look terribly disorganized, like last week - then the Stoops era may be over whether Stoops realizes it or not. Recruiting and the future of the program under Stoops is going to be at stake Saturday night!

Go Big Blue!

Consider that UK's lost 8 of the last 10 home games I'd say it doesn't really matter. People should come see what a #1 team looks like however.

I actually think we will play much better and show a pulse. Still won’t matter, we’ll get beat by two+ scores with the improvement.

This weekends game was a big kill shot for this season.

If you think I'm going to drive 4 hours to watch this team again your crazy. The Southern Miss game, because of the weather was one thing, but their performance last Saturday was the biggest embarrassment I've ever witnessed, especially with the talent available and I've been following since the mid 60's. The bowl game in Birmingham was pitful but nothing like Saturday.

With a chance to make great strides, opening the SEC season, being the mid afternoon national TV game, with a chance to greatly improve our image nation wide, impress recruits etc. IMO, all we did was make our program a laughing stock nation wide and confirm what many in the SEC always thought about UK, they're a basketball school. This has set us back years and I hope we can recover quickly, if ever. Yes, I'm pissed, maybe I'll get over it but this game hurt me bad.

Reactions: bigbluedon
I thin it will start off as a decent crowd. And dwindle down quickly

It’ll probably be at least 50% Georgia. They travel right up there with the best. When they played Notre Dame on the road it was 3/4 red. Our stadium will look similar to Vandy when they get taken over by the opposing fanbase.

I understand many fans are upset, many got on the Dr. Pepper "hype train" before the season. Some of us that actually looked at our personnel were not terribly shocked by the game. Our O-line has been subpar for 2 years and we are starting many of the same guys this year. We have talented receivers but they have lacked discipline and focus for last 2 years and that doesn't appear to have changed. We were starting an unproven QB, mainly hyped because he once played( and I use the term loosely) for UGA. Our defense has looked slow and disorganized ( especially DBs for 2 years). My point is this team was NEVER going to be a juggernaut. We will I believe improve as the season progresses. I have not given up on the season and I feel it is silly to base a season on one early game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT