ADVERTISEMENT

What exactly is the point of this interview?

“You cheat the program if you only care about the Xs and Os” has some truth to it but no one gives a shit about anything else if the Xs and Os (which is code for wins and losses but Cal beating around the bush) isn’t resulting in wins. Ws come first always at this program. Point blank

I respect the hell out of you and your opinions. But I don’t think you realize how much president Cap LOVES Mitch Barnhart. And the football program has really improved under Barnhart. As long as the athletic program is rolling in money, Cap is happy. I can take him or leave him Barnhart, but I don’t believe his job will be in any danger.
The problem is that Barnhart hasn't been engaged enough to know just how pissed off the fans are with the decline of Basketball. He had/has no plan and was caught. The University was shocked by the outrage and downright anger. They are at the hip and both will be gone if this repeats next year. Barnhart will not be allowed to make the next basketball hire and Calipari is at the stage of his career he has no juice which was proven right now. The fact that someone else would want him was Barnhart's "plan".

There's a reason 2 people who can't stand each other are doing a joint public TV interview and it wasn't their choice. They were told to do it. People are very unhappy and people who donate a lot of $ are threatening to pull/withhold it. Want to change a narrative quickly, $ talks. So the orders are reportedly you "both figure this out or both will be gone". All I can say is that the actions shown sure seem to reinforce that message to be true.

I’m so sick of the 26 year old players excuse. Cal acts like the effing Lakers walk out every game UK is on the court. Mitch is worse than I ever imagined.
Agreed. Nobody says you have to have 18 yr olds. Nobody says you can't have 27 yr olds.

I don't personally care for these guys hanging around College Athletics way too long and being excused for a "Covid Year" that everyone in CBB was able to play the entire season-just missed some Postseason games. That said-my personal dislike doesn't matter, if rules are there, you can play under them.

This interview is the EXACT SAME stuff he said on his call-in show and after the Oakland loss.

Mitch is doing this to JUSTIFY his HORRIBLE decision to give Cal a RIDICULOUS buyout!!!

The one thing I see in this interview is that Mitch NOW realizes he has to PUMP Cal up because HIS _SS is on the line from this point forward!!!

Are these 2 CAPABLE of proving all of us wrong????!!!!! I'll have to see it to believe it!!!! And I'm EXTREMELY skeptical that they can turn this around!!!!

The problem is that Barnhart hasn't been engaged enough to know just how pissed off the fans are with the decline of Basketball. He had/has no plan and was caught. The University was shocked by the outrage and downright anger. They are at the hip and both will be gone if this repeats next year. Barnhart will not be allowed to make the next basketball hire and Calipari is at the stage of his career he has no juice which was proven right now. The fact that someone else would want him was Barnhart's "plan".

There's a reason 2 people who can't stand each other are doing a joint public TV interview and it wasn't their choice. They were told to do it. People are very unhappy and people who donate a lot of $ are threatening to pull/withhold it. Want to change a narrative quickly, $ talks. So the orders are reportedly you "both figure this out or both will be gone". All I can say is that the actions shown sure seem to reinforce that message to be true.
I just can’t believe the results for the last 5 years don’t speak for themselves at a school like UK. What am I missing here….

funny that Mitch talked about them both exiting the program.......

I thought that was telling.

I just can’t believe the results for the last 5 years don’t speak for themselves at a school like UK. What am I missing here….
I agree. I've been disgusted for a while as well. Just can't believe the PR they are throwing out is what the University and Athletic Department thinks will be accepted/embraced by the fans? It's total BS.

As I have said before, the only way to get their attention and THEIR meaning the board and Eli is to stop donating not only to the athletic department but to the UK scholarship fund and thankfully this is happening.
Mitch could have solved the problem but he wilted and has put his own job on the line.
The nightmare will end after the 2024-25 basketball season.

I don’t plan to watch but it has to be a step in the right direction since neither of them seem to have any awareness at all. It’s definitely reactive. At least they realize there’s something to react to.

As I have said before, the only way to get their attention and THEIR meaning the board and Eli is to stop donating not only to the athletic department but to the UK scholarship fund and thankfully this is happening.
Mitch could have solved the problem but he wilted and has put his own job on the line.
The nightmare will end after the 2024-25 basketball season.
The sad part is I’ll believe it when I see it. The nightmare should’ve ended after this season. Hell to be honest after the jack@ss went 9-16 it should’ve been OVER!

Well I hope you are right.

funny that Mitch talked about them both exiting the program.......

I thought that was telling.
Just saw a touch of that and I had to go puke. 🤢 They both will reside in a place that doesn’t matter much to UK Athletics. Actually, I think I dislike Mitch more than Cal… I didn’t know I had that in me. Putrid bunch.

I hope the program I love can overcome all this.

Mitch made what he thought was a good investment and bought more (locked in) at the top. Now that investment has proven to not be an ongoing concern. Mitch wants out but hasn’t shown the leadership to cut his losses. And has turned this into fundamental mistake after fundamental mistake.

Reactions: kywildcat41086

EXACTLY!!

I'll just add we even had Mitch making EXCUSES for Cal getting in on Transfers LATE because of Cal CHOOSING to WAIT on his One-and-Done kids to make up their mind on whether they will return according to their NBA Draft status OR if his NON-NBA kids are going to return!!!!

So Mitch, now that YOU and Cal are on the same page, does this mean YOU also care MORE about the name on the BACK of the jersey instead of the name on the FRONT???!!!!!

This whole situation makes me SICK!!!!

I don’t plan to watch but it has to be a step in the right direction since neither of them seem to have any awareness at all. It’s definitely reactive. At least they realize there’s something to react to.
yea, I mean its better than just pretending everything is OK, but its not enough.

I'd like to think there are going to be some statements that Cal doesn't use anymore and he is going to tone down the NBA stuff. Even if his actions don't change, he's not going to keep talking about it ad nauseam like before. Well, if he has any damn sense he won't

I prefer a positive attitude , and I hope he does make the necessary changes . I’m actually hopeful about next season, and think it could be great if the right guys come back and we make some good portal decisions. I think we will be a major player in the portal, as we normally are.
I’m hopeful we continue to run the offense we ran this year, and are at least as fun to watch on that side of the ball. Call me crazy…

• Haha
Reactions: BlueBloodedBugleBoy
well Cal laid down the guantlet for himself next year

top 10 regular season and a deep run.

that isn't enough, and I would assume he means top 10 at the end of the season while they rack up horrible losses thru January, but it would still be a standard he hasn't met in 4 years

Will anyone hold him accountable at the end of the season next year? I doubt it

Just 20% more of the fanbase that was dogging all the Cal critics this year saying that THIS is the final straw for them

Total Embarrassment by the head Administration to allow that to go on.
They really didn’t say anything, except that they realize the issues the program has had the last few years. They did claim they have a better relationship than what the media reports, but what would you expect him to say , I guess. Usually, the truth is somewhere in between the stuff you hear with stuff like this

• Haha
well Cal laid down the guantlet for himself next year

top 10 regular season and a deep run.

that isn't enough, and I would assume he means top 10 at the end of the season while they rack up horrible losses thru January, but it would still be a standard he hasn't met in 4 years

Will anyone hold him accountable at the end of the season next year? I doubt it

Just 20% more of the fanbase that was dogging all the Cal critics this year saying that THIS is the final straw for them
🤣🤣🤣 A deep run 2 post season wins since 2019 Cal really doesn’t have a clue…. He gets out coached at every corner anymore …

They really didn’t say anything, except that they realize the issues the program has had the last few years. They did claim they have a better relationship than what the media reports, but what would you expect him to say , I guess. Usually, the truth is somewhere in between the stuff you hear with stuff like this
So does that mean when one says "F Off" rather than "F You" it's a better relationship than what the media reports?

Semantics are fun!

Mitch thinks we have all forgot about him breathing fire against Cal siding with Stoops during the basketball school comments.

He and Stoops had a damn press conference to dog Calipari

but yea, they have a good relationship

giphy.gif

I prefer a positive attitude , and I hope he does make the necessary changes . I’m actually hopeful about next season, and think it could be great if the right guys come back and we make some good portal decisions. I think we will be a major player in the portal, as we normally are.
I’m hopeful we continue to run the offense we ran this year, and are at least as fun to watch on that side of the ball. Call me crazy…
Ok, you’re crazy. Keep looking for the same results. Nothing wrong with a positive attitude but it is “crazy’ to expect different results with the same recipe. You bring nothing new to the same old recipe.

Reactions: bookerfan66
The point of the interview was to tell you Cal will be the coach of UK as long as he wants, so either we all need to quit beeching or quit watchin. As long as he doesn’t do anything for cause, he’ll be here until at least the end of his contract, if he wants.

Ok, you’re crazy. Keep looking for the same results. Nothing wrong with a positive attitude but it is “crazy’ to expect different results with the same recipe. You bring nothing new to the same old recipe.
2010-2015 were different than 2019-2024, with the same 2 in the interview all throughout . That’s my thinking

• Haha
It was Baghdad Bob - tier nonsense. Not even an indirect reference to how far the program has fallen vs. historical standards/production. Don't renew season tickets. Don't give K-fund, or any other of their ever-expanding shakedowns a dime...LOL "La Familia". Don't attend games. Don't buy merch.

just a reminder, we've gone from "we don't hang banners for final fours" to "lets be in the top 10 and make a run"

this is your program now fans

Reactions: DSGTCAT28
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT