ADVERTISEMENT

What exactly is the point of this interview?

Total PR move with nothing of substance coming. But appearances matter. As a UK fan I would like our program to not look like a joke this off-season/spring.

Last year:
-backup big goes portaling only to return when he overestimated NIL
-hyped recruit has mysterious injury/decommitment rumors
-coach does nothing in the portal until a drunk driving incident in the summer
-best returner strongly considers leaving and even re-enrolls at previous college to try and graduate from there to leave here
-recruiting an international big with questions and dealing with the drama until the flip of the calendar

Just give me an off-season without the above shenanigans…please. Some coordinated positive PR at least is better than anything last off-season.

They know their asses are on the line and they are feeling a significant amount of heat/pressure. They have to show a unified front- which we all know is BS. They have never seen eye to eye.

Mitch has done some things for non revenue sports. He has gotten some mileage out of the first 5-7 years of Stoops and Cal. Other than that he has hired BCG (with a contract on a GD napkin), hired Joker and Elzy. Baseball sucks and has the last 10 years. Thank god he has the SEC money to bail him out and a rabid fanbase that has slowly grown tired of him (been patient). However, I think everyone is pretty damn well fed up with the “we had a meeting, everything is better” crap.

Propaganda piece to calm the fans down, it wont work, the season will implode, Cal will be let go. And Mitch will be fired or retire.
I wish I could believe this but we’re gonna be stuck with these 2 for the next several years. If the last 5 years weren’t bad enough to get rid of Cal it’s never gonna happen until he decides to leave.

BOTH will be gone if or should I say likely when the season is a rinse/repeat.
I respect the hell out of you and your opinions. But I don’t think you realize how much president Cap LOVES Mitch Barnhart. And the football program has really improved under Barnhart. As long as the athletic program is rolling in money, Cap is happy. I can take him or leave him Barnhart, but I don’t believe his job will be in any danger.

They know their asses are on the line and they are feeling a significant amount of heat/pressure. They have to show a unified front- which we all know is BS. They have never seen eye to eye.

Mitch has done some things for non revenue sports. He has gotten some mileage out of the first 5-7 years of Stoops and Cal. Other than that he has hired BCG (with a contract on a GD napkin), hired Joker and Elzy. Baseball sucks and has the last 10 years. Thank god he has the SEC money to bail him out and a rabid fanbase that has slowly grown tired of him (been patient). However, I think everyone is pretty damn well fed up with the “we had a meeting, everything is better” crap.
Well said?

Reactions: Jumpercat
Listened a little and skipped it. Just a bunch of pig schmidt coming out of their mouths. Just pure BS.... Fat and sassy sums it up. Nothing more....

200w.gif

200w.gif

Yeah, there were two of them and they actually do look a lot alike...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT