ADVERTISEMENT

What do you believe Cals objective is?

What’s Cal Real Objective at Kentucky?

• To win Championships

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • To Get Guys to the League

Votes: 113 91.9%

• Total voters
When you go to a car dealership, and the guys says he wants to get you the best deal possible.....you believe him dont you?
When you go to the car dealership. Cal sells you this for $3000 and tells you its ''lightly used''. You believe him dont you?
TkROUkNjPQ

Cal's objective?

(1) Cashing a big fat check every two weeks and (2) picking out a suit to wear to the green room for his annual "big hugs & kisses" exhibition on NBA draft night.

GBB!

If he won more games and championships, I would have voted for winning. But he doesn’t so…

1. Watch Little House on the Prairie
2. Go home to his dogs
3. Make Edwards a pizza
4. Go to All Star games
5. Count how many recruits he's had drafted
6. Count how many one and dones are in the All Star game
7. Mock the fans
8. Mock the media
9. Cash checks
10. Crush Big Z's career

Cal cares more about his ego and proving everything he does is right and above judgement from us simpleton basketball bennies. It’s sad, but true.

I don't subscribe to any of the "destroy the program from the inside" or "sit back and do nothing and draw the $9 million" protestations that dominate this board (especially after a loss). In my view, the level of Calipari's competitive fire varies with the strength of his teams. When he has overwhelming talent, his priority is to win championships and the NBA aspirations of the players will fulfill themselves.

The last few years, he has not been successful recruiting those players. He still recruits good players and some of them have legitimate NBA prospects but his recent teams, frankly (with the possible exception of Bam-Monk-Fox and Maxey-Quickley-Richards), have not been championship caliber by a long shot. Against that background, it is clear to me that Calipari's "get my guys to the NBA" mindset ascends to the position of first priority. It's a matter of "I want us to win the championship, but if that is not feasible with this team, then the season can still be a success if it ends with several big NBA contracts."

Cal cares more about his ego and proving everything he does is right and above judgement from us simpleton basketball bennies. It’s sad, but true.
His ego has taken a big hit recently then because he’s losing credibility everywhere. Paul in Paducah and Philip in Pikeville have a better game plan from their couch than Cal has had lately.

Oh sure he LIKES winning, but he WANTS to claim he's putting guys in the league. So he puts his energy into what he wants - namely recruiting guys with high league potential.

Cal honestly in his heart believes that talent is all that matters and his teams will get it going in March and “out talent” everybody else. It’s the same every year and the same result.

Cal thinks games are won in recruiting. He is surprised every season when someone with less talent beats his teams in the tourney.

He hasn’t figured out that coaches can help win games. He keeps thinking that it’s all up to the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT