ADVERTISEMENT

What did you do after #8?

Sat up most of the night listening to post game pressers too pumped on adrenaline to sleep. Then called in sick to work the next morning and headed to Rupp for the celebration and welcome the team back.

Reactions: GG24
#8 was really special for me. My brother lives in Shreveport and called me on that sunday before the game (it was also April Fools Day). He said an old woman had given him 2 tickets to the game if we could go. Of course i called my boss and he said to take Monday and Tuesday off to make the game. That's when I realized it was April Fools and called my LITTLE brother to remind him that I was still his big brother and would kick his ass if he was lying.
He wasn't and we left early Monday morning, made it in time and had a blast surrounded by UK and Kansas fans. The tickets were free so we could not get any higher in the dome. I could literally touch the beginning of the top dome.
We drove home on a championship high and slept most of the day. Had the absolute best picture of my brother and I at the game. INCREDIBLE TIME!!

Reactions: GG24
Who could've imagined at the time that there wouldn't even BE a national champion the next season. :joy:

#Whores

Karma is a nasty old ho.

pitino%20duck_zpswas1qipr.gif

Watched the game at the Tin Roof, Limestone went crazy after the final buzzer. Walked down to State Street to witness the madness. It was an insane night, I have some great videos.

My friend opened his Calipari Makers bottle (I thought that was a dumb idea) and we all did shots.

Partied on Bourbon Street until 6 a.m. Had some pancakes, packed my bag and went to the airport. Probably my greatest sports night ever.

Celebrated in the Superdome in New Orleans until early morning. Watched and re-watched highlights in hotel TV until it was time to sober up and head back home.

Walked from my house to the corner of Euclid and Woodland and watched the celebration. Went home and read this board and twitter until very early morning. Tweeted Forde that drinks were on me tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT