ADVERTISEMENT

What did you do after #8?

Poured double bourbon, called my parents to tell them I loved them and thanked them for raising me a Wildcat, watched post game pressers, another bourbon, listened to KSR postgame, spent hours posting here under a different name, rewatched the game on DVR, went to sleep about 6 a.m.

Glad I was working second shift at the time.

My buddies and I hung out in the stadium taking pics and watching the festivities. It was an amazing experience. The 15-hour drive home didn't bother us a bit.

Reactions: hotelblue
The first thing I did was jump up and scream, while being tackled by my girlfriend to the floor, both screaming.

Called every UofMemphis fan I know, followed by every UT fan I know, to drop a bunch of "suck it's", followed by a trip to my dads, followed by somethin I'd rather forget and am way, way too embarrassed to say.

Only something @Willy4UK would approve of. The rest would alert the authorities.

Got wasted and walked to the bar up the road from me on a freshly sprained ankle. Nobody ever accused me of being a genius.

Raised glasses of bourbon in toast to the title. Got excited phone calls from fellow UK fans. Lots of loud yelling and I was living in Oregon at the time so not sure what the neighbors thought, nor did I cate.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
burningcouch.gif

Tried to figure out if, or when, we'd have the pieces to go after 9.

This is actually what I did lol. After 30-40 minutes of celebrating, I called some family members to discuss our chances at #9 the next year.

C. Nerlens Noel
PF. Anthony Bennett
SF. Shabazz Muhammad
SG. Archie Goodwin
PG. Marquis Teague
6. Alex Poythress
7. Kyle Wiltjer
8. Ryan Harrow
9. Willie Cauley-Stein

I remember laughing about talking about the next year so fast, but saying if we could get Bennett and Muhammad plus get Teague back, we would be the favorites the next year as it looked like it would be a down year of college basketball.

Had a good buzz on and did a victory lap around the block.. pretty much waking up half the neighborhood. Went to RR to see what everyone was posting, and I remember the next morning grabbing a copy of every paper to read and save.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
sadly i went to sleep. I started getting legit sick at half time (i work in healthcare so there's no telling what I caught), running a fever, cold sweats..so i watched the 2nd half wrapped in a blanket and powered through but as soon as we won i basically laid down and slept for the next 3 days

This is actually what I did lol. After 30-40 minutes of celebrating, I called some family members to discuss our chances at #9 the next year.

C. Nerlens Noel
PF. Anthony Bennett
SF. Shabazz Muhammad
SG. Archie Goodwin
PG. Marquis Teague
6. Alex Poythress
7. Kyle Wiltjer
8. Ryan Harrow
9. Willie Cauley-Stein

I remember laughing about talking about the next year so fast, but saying if we could get Bennett and Muhammad plus get Teague back, we would be the favorites the next year as it looked like it would be a down year of college basketball.
Who could've imagined at the time that there wouldn't even BE a national champion the next season. :joy:

#Whores

Since I did not go to college at UK at the time, my friends and I made the trip up there for the game.

I watched the game at a party on state street..when the buzzer hit 0.00, I ran on State Street and had the best night of my life.

We then made the trip back across the state back to Murray after the celebration died off and I got back to my dorm around 6:00 am or so (Central time) and after a small nap I made it to my 11am class and got an A on my 1:00 pm test that day. I got to meet Cal on the "trophy tour" a few weeks after, that was icing to a great year.

Reactions: awf
Headed to the local track to jog for a while and burn off some of the adrenaline and excitement. 0.6mi seven laps was enough to sap it. Can't say I'm in better shape now either.

Bourbon street, then found a phone in the backseat of a cab on the way back to come, calls the number and it was owned by a friend of the Davis family. Ended up in team hotel...epic

Celebrated with everyone at Two Keys (had been there since 6am Monday morning). Left for the corner of Euclid and Woodland. Tried to focus on remembering every detail of every experience of that moment. Helluva game, helluva season, helluva night.

The first thing I did was jump up and scream, while being tackled by my girlfriend to the floor, both screaming.

Called every UofMemphis fan I know, followed by every UT fan I know, to drop a bunch of "suck it's", followed by a trip to my dads, followed by somethin I'd rather forget and am way, way too embarrassed to say.

Only something @Willy4UK would approve of. The rest would alert the authorities.

Sounds legit except we all know it was your lady boy that tackled u. Not that there's anything wrong with THAT.

I made sure I didn't miss one shining moment, then fell asleep. (Possible pass out) Had to go to work on about 3 hours sleep, and a well deserved hangover.
Did the same only to get off of work about an hour after I got there. Brother called to tell me my mother had just died that morning. Since she is the one who raised me a Wildcat fan I called my stepfather to ask if she had watched the game and he said yes. He had gone to bed (Cardinal fan) and woke up when hearing her yell with joy then went back to sleep only to wake up and find her dead in the bathroom. Need another championship to celebrate because that one was cut short.

Reactions: bluebornwildcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT