ADVERTISEMENT

What change do you want MOST out of Cal?

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
Would it be...

A. Utilize different defenses and don't be so predictable on offense.

B. Meritocracy. Promise NOTHING.

C. When someone asks you a question, either answer that question or say "we'll see" or something like that. No more tangents that make you look like you're hiding something.

D. Cut the screaming in half. Even the fans have Cal fatigue before halftime.

B, and then A (and I don’t like zone, but it’s good to keep the offense guessing)

Resign and just be an ambassador before its too late and we hate him completely.

Top programs dont crumble to this level without MANY things needing to be changed. and the one thing Cal cant change is he can not repair the bridges he's burned with refs, sec, and ncaa. If you are sick of seeing some of the worst atrociously corrupt called games where you can clearly tell we are not allowed to win....... well Cal leaving is the only way to fix that.

Let an assistant do the in game coaching. At least consult them on some play decisions. I have made an effort to watch how other, what I think are good coaches, interact with their assistants. Most have some sort of consultations with one or more. Cal's assistants just sit there like statues. Not their fault. I am sure the greatest coach that ever coached a basketball game knows there is nothing they know that he doesn't know better.

To recognize that the fans aren't angry with the players they are angry at him. He always side steps that and makes like the fans are angry at the players and fo most part they arent.

Be a little humble and admit you made alot of mistakes especially with line ups that even Hellen Keller saw.

come out an say we will start playing for front of jersey not back

stop being an ego maniac when youre not winning its a bad look

Listen to his assistants (other than Bruiser)

Stop wanting to prove yourself right more than winning games

that would be a start

Would it be...

C. When someone asks you a question, either answer that question or say "we'll see" or something like that. No more tangents that make you look like you're hiding something.

To actually act like a real coach, pay attention to details, teach real defense, maybe actually put in a pattern offense to use when needed instead of just having players make plays, that leads to what he himself has called hero ball.

I'd start by him just putting his best five on the floor together 30 minutes per game. Just that could
have given us a chance at a championship this year instead of a failed season.

I’d like to see some roster construction decisions this off-season that take us out of the second tier of teams next year.
Using the NCAA true seed list, the last 3 years(a fair gauge of current expectations due to portal implementation) have averaged out to us being approximately the 13th best team each year. March success is an inconsistent barometer due to a single elimination format, but being on average the 13th best team isn’t good enough for me personally and definitely isn’t for 9M a year with all the off court BS.

Think about last year. We had 2 proven commodities on the roster. Ugo and Adou never played as freshmen then we had 50 freshmen including multiple busts. I say we need a minimum of 5 guys that we know what we’re getting. Could be some returners combined with transfers, whatever. To further this point, look at the stats for Antonio and Tre. They gave us exactly what we should’ve expected or more. That’s how you build a roster. Not a roster full of gambles.

Would it be...

I want him to change nothing. I want him to maintain his Gold Standard!

• Haha
Reactions: GoCats53
Would it be...

I'll add to this to bring in a coach that eats and sleeps defense and can teach the finer points of a defense. Because it's obvious Cal doesn't know the finer points of teaching man defense or anything that's got the word zone in it.

Stop being so dam arrogant and realize he doesn’t have all the answers.

Hire and offensive and defensive coach and listen to them.

Start his 5 best players and stop having favorites.

Stop focusing on making the kids look like they have potential for NBA and masking their deficiencies and shoving them out the door the first chance they can make some money.

While I think that approach is laudable from the perspective of changing lives, and obviously his former players love him. I just need him to win games.

Would it be...

Look at himself and back up his title talk with results in the court.

Would it be...

Talk Less Do More ... Just Win and Shut Up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT