ADVERTISEMENT

Do you have any superstitions when watching Kentucky?

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Do you wear a certain shirt or do something that you think helps the team? Mine is sitting in a certain spot

Cal did change out of the Nike shoes at halftime against Arkansas and put on the loafers. Maybe changing shoes is his superstition…..

Same shirt until we lose, then don’t wear that one again rest of season. On a run, everyone stays in same seat. Need a run, stand in one spot in view of TV, can’t sit. Big deficit, go into different room or outside.

I’m crazy. Does it work. Not always. It is what it is.

No. I don’t believe in that stuff. Anyone who thinks they can affect the way some college kids play ball hundreds of miles away from their living room is sketchy.

I used to but now days I’m not emotionally connected to the teams like I was before. Not sure if it’s because I’m older, busy with life, or distaste for Cal.

I used to sit on the same spot of the couch. Also, now days there are kids playing and background noise. And in years past I would wear a UK shirt, the ones with the old school wildcat.

If I start watching the game after its already started, and they are winning but start losing , then I have to stop watching in the hopes they take the lead again.

stupid I know but its what I do

No superstitions, but I can’t watch it with other people but my wife. She”s equally into it. Everyone else is just a chatterbox distraction.

Reactions: sefleming
When at Rupp, I don't sit down until we score our first points (there's a wall behind me, so I'm not in anyone's way). We're also under the overhang, so I also reach up and touch the "ceiling" just before tip off. I'm sure it helps us out a lot. Haha

Reactions: YardCat
fbnc5qjifrr11.jpg

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Do you wear a certain shirt or do something that you think helps the team? Mine is sitting in a certain spot

Cal did change out of the Nike shoes at halftime against Arkansas and put on the loafers. Maybe changing shoes is his superstition…..
Lately it’s been a lot of calming smoke!

If we are losing, I will turn the sound down, especially during a road game.

Usually can’t stand the announcers anyway.

60% of the time it works every time.

Watch by myself and wife. I keep scorebook. I cannot stand listening to someone talk during the game. My dad before he passed away was perfect person to watch game with. We would say game starting next words would be game over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT