ADVERTISEMENT

What bugs me

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
Listen to Cal preach about “demonstrated performance”. It’s obvious our defense can not defend man to man. Demonstrated every game.

You tell the players that all the time. Follow it yourself.

Make a change and mix in some match up zone! It’s not rocket science. All the players played it in HS.

It’s not an all or nothing deal. Use both. But this group is not physically able to man to man.

It’s insane to not try another approach. Just like giving up freebies in inbounds plays.

You have 6 coaches - give the defense to a DC!

Help this team! Do what’s best for this team!

Nice post. He acts like basketball is like splitting the atom in a bathtub, something that's impossible to do. Classic narcissistic behavior. No one can understand the complexity of it all and everything that I do is right. I learned a long time ago teaching a much more complicated sport that there are many good ways to swing a golf club. I hurt myself for a long time thinking that I knew the best way to do things.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Matt Jones said in 2019 and before when he attended practices, Cal didnt coach / practice situational basketball.. meaning out of bounds.. end of game what to do in this situation, that situation. and that cal does not because he wants to coach what players will need for the bulk of the game and focus on that.

Thats why we lose these games and our end of game basketball has always been atrocious. What GIANT ASS MORON wants rock fights, wants close games because he thinks it will prepare the team for march and close tournament games.......... and wont spend the year praciticing what to do in all situations .. because those situations are the difference in wins and losses in close games.. That is such coaching malpractice ...

Reactions: ala_kat2
Listen to Cal preach about “demonstrated performance”. It’s obvious our defense can not defend man to man. Demonstrated every game.

You tell the players that all the time. Follow it yourself.

Make a change and mix in some match up zone! It’s not rocket science. All the players played it in HS.

It’s not an all or nothing deal. Use both. But this group is not physically able to man to man.

It’s insane to not try another approach. Just like giving up freebies in inbounds plays.

You have 6 coaches - give the defense to a DC!

Help this team! Do what’s best for this team!
Honest to God, I would take any coach in D1 basketball right now over cal as it would be an immediate upgrade and that includes KP. Any coach would love the talent to work with that we have. Sure there’s a lot of raw pieces there but talented nonetheless. They need leadership and direction and cal cannot deliver that or won’t deliver it. Either way it’s a disservice to the team, the university and its fans. I’m not a huge confrontational person but I’d love nothing more to stand in front of cal and tell him how bad of a coach he is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT