ADVERTISEMENT

What are your other “die hard” teams?

1a. UK basketball

1b. UK football

2. Atlanta Braves

3. Cincinnati Bengals

4. Boston Celtics

If Kentucky ever gets an NBA team I would probably move them to number 2 or 3.

Cats basketball, football, and baseball

Then the Yankees

Bengals in football

NBA, no real team, I follow UK players and pull against the whiners like Durant Lebrona and Harden

1. UK BB
2. NY Yankees
3. GB Packers
4. Boston Celtics
5. NASCAR-Jimmie Johnson
73fef0169f28c3f9eeb379abb73f5fb9--hilarious-pictures-pictures-of.jpg

If Kentucky ever gets an NBA team I would probably move them to number 2 or 3.

Although I follow the Reds and Bengals, I only go to a Reds game every once in a while, and I've never attended a Bengals game and probably never will. I'd definitely keep up with a Kentucky NBA team a little more than I do the Cincy teams, and I'd definitely attend at least a couple of Kentucky NBA games per season.

I am from the St. Louis area originally (now living in Nashville) so Cardinal red runs through my veins.

1. St. Louis Cardinals
2. Kentucky Wildcats
3. St. Louis Blues

Complain a decent amount when those teams don’t win, but have been pretty fortunate in my 26 plus years as a fan.

UK basketball and football
Boston Celtics plus any team with UK players
New England Patriots
New York Yankees

1a. Kentucky Basketball
1b. Cleveland Browns football
1c. Atlanta Braves baseball
4. Kentucky football
5. Not a team, but big fan of Phil Mickelson

NBA I follow a little bit especially once the playoffs hit. Root for all the former UK teams. But no allegiance to any team and not a fan of hockey.

1. UK basketball
2. UK football
3. Lakers

I put the Lakers 3rd, but they are pretty close to second. Obviously been a lot of fun to follow through the years, but even as a losing team, I keep close track. Having Randle playing well lately has been a big plus.

4. Braves

I was a big Braves fan throughout the 80s and 90s but I really don’t follow it anymore. Started losing track when TBS stopped covering their games and have almost completely lost track at this point.

1. UK Basketball

2. Oakland Raiders

3. UK Football
3.1 NFL in general.

4. College Basketball at large.

5.Cincinnati Reds (when I was really little like 5-8 was #1 even over the Cats)

5.5 Florida State Football

6. Random NBA following Cats/I tend to actually follow the playoffs though so that is a 4 or so but the season is almost pure Cats.

7. MLB in general (some years in the 4 range but today...meh...usually follow the playoffs but some years can be dodgy at best for me)

1. UK Basketball
2. Reds baseball
3. Notre Dame football (I also root for UK)

Coupled with other teams that I casually follow around until playoff time (Maple Leafs, Utah Jazz), the only team I've ever seen win a championship in my lifetime is UK basketball (1996, 1998, and 2012).

I also root for WKU basketball (men's and women's) and baseball, as well as football. I buy season tickets for them and contribute to their athletic program, but they aren't at UK's level.

Mine are at an all time low as a whole.

1. Kentucky b-ball. (Always solid)
2. Kentucky fball (meh)
3. Reds (rebuilding)
4. Detroit Lions (one playoff win in last 50 years)
5. Pistons (Stuck in neutral for years)

I’ve seen 8 championships combined from my teams but nothing since 2012. UK b-ball is my only hope for years to come I’m afraid.

We have the exact same top 5, you too know the horrors of being a Reds and Lions fan. Wow.

Reactions: Jamal Mercer

2. Kentucky fball (meh)
3. Reds (rebuilding)

I’ve seen 8 championships combined from my teams but nothing since 2012. UK b-ball is my only hope for years to come I’m afraid.

None

AlohaCat

1. UK Basketball
2. Penn State Football
3. Cleveland Browns
4. Atlanta Braves

Big golf and boxing fan so also love Phil Mickelson and Manny Pacquiao

UK Hoops . Then really nothing . Pro sports is a bore . I like Bama in football but only because they routinely abuse the b!G T!N . Was a lifelong Reds fan until the past 6-8 years . Baseball is just boring , guys hitting 240 signing 60 million dollar contracts . Rooted for the Celtics much of my life , but hated .. HATED that pinhead from Kansas that declared himself the best player of all time . name ?? I can see his head banded mug . And I disliked several players on that team that won it that year . kinda turned me off on them . Have rooted some for the Spurs during there last runs . But Pop has became a character of himself . Decided he would dabble in politics . Ugh . So no one but Big Blue .

2. Kentucky fball (meh)
3. Reds (rebuilding)

UK
Reds (Have sucked going on almost 30 yrs now)
Sixers (Have sucked save one Finals appearance going on 40 yrs)
Dolphins (Have sucked since Marino retired, and haven't been to the Super Bowl in over 30 yrs)

UK basketball and football
Penn st football
Red Sox MLB
Tampa Bay NFL
Celtics NBA
Tampa NHL

1. KENTUCKY BASKETBALL
2. Kentucky football

That's it. All Kentucky, all the time, 24/7/365 forever. GO BIG BLUE

Kentucky football/basketball
Reds
Bengals
Nascar-was a big JR fan, now I just root for Hendrick drivers

UK Basketball
UK Baseball
UK Football
Chicago Cubs
PGA Golf
Don't do NFL (kneeling killed it)
Don't do NBA (no interest ever)

Must Follow Tier:
1. Kentucky Basketball (Hope Cal can get out of the funk he's in)
2. Cincinnati Reds (As of 2013, the current laughingstock of MLB. Forever rebuilding)
3. Green Bay Packers (Good personnel changes this off-season. All we need to do now is get rid of Mike McCarthy and it's smooth sailing from here)
4. Kentucky Football (Forever bad)

Fan, But Not A Die Hard Tier:
5. Chicago Bulls (Forever Jordan)
6. Columbus Blue Jackets (Used to be lower. John Tortorella is making me understand why hockey is a fun sport for many. Best state the franchise has ever been in)
7. U.S. Soccer (Going downhill)

F*** Anthony Precourt Tier:
8. Columbus Crew SC (MLS is dead to me now)

Last championship is from 2012. The only teams that are in the hunt every year it seems is UK Basketball and the Packers. Blue Jackets are on the rise. Everything else is bad.

Oh, well the Crew is good too I guess. But Precourt doesn't give a shit about me or his fans, so I don't care about the team anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT