ADVERTISEMENT

What are your go-to local news sources?

Online Lexington Herald Leader, not only local, but national and world news, business, politics from many different sources, read it cover to cover most days. OTOH, I almost never watch TV unless there is a big breaking news event.

In Louisville, WDRB and WLKY websites. The Courier Journal has gone totally woke. It either doesn't report a lot of stories about crime or downplays negative things going on in the city.

I used to laugh at how The Courier Journal can't seem to please anyone. I've heard the woke complaints before, but I'm referring to sports. Louisville fans got so upset if both teams played on a Saturday and UK got the longer story or bigger photo on the front page of the sports section the following day. Even now, they'll call The Courier Journal "The Curious Urinal" (which is really, really stupid). Our fans bashed the CJ for not digging deeper into the UofL/Jurich shenanigans and being fanboys to Floyd Street. I have heard it's gone downhill over the last several years though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT