ADVERTISEMENT

What are repercussions if Cal starts Wheeler...

I can't see that happening but...

atomic-mushroom-cloud-explosion-2-s.gif

First everyone said Wheeler quit and now he may play and people are worrying about that. This board is full of bipolar morons.
Actually, many people are saying many different things at the same time. Actually nothing bipolar about it. Crazy how there's different opinions on a message board with hundreds of people commenting.

Well the ones who said he quit were being absolutely ridiculous

Well that was a *LOT* of people here. Like, an alarming number of posters were just 100% sure that Wheeler had quit and Cal was playing along. Maybe the pains of Sharpe are still too fresh, but we should have known that the Sharpe scenario was not some normal thing.

Anyways.. there's a scenario here where we have no choice but to play Wheeler is Cason isn't healthy. And just like those same posters were convinced Wheeler quit, they will be convinced that Cal played Wheeler purposely as some sort of payback to fans/being an awful coach.

Actually, many people are saying many different things at the same time. Actually nothing bipolar about it. Crazy how there's different opinions on a message board with hundreds of people commenting.

Well that was a *LOT* of people here. Like, an alarming number of posters were just 100% sure that Wheeler had quit and Cal was playing along. Maybe the pains of Sharpe are still too fresh, but we should have known that the Sharpe scenario was not some normal thing.

Anyways.. there's a scenario here where we have no choice but to play Wheeler is Cason isn't healthy. And just like those same posters were convinced Wheeler quit, they will be convinced that Cal played Wheeler purposely as some sort of payback to fans/being an awful coach.
Yeah I never believed he quit, I thought he may be being weak minded but then when I heard he got surgery I knew I was wrong, but i bet cal only plays wheeler of absolutely has to

Yeah I never believed he quit, I thought he may be being weak minded but then when I heard he got surgery I knew I was wrong, but i bet cal only plays wheeler of absolutely has to

Yeah I feel like all scenarios are on the table. Maybe we don't use him at all, maybe he starts. I think it's really going to come down to health and which of these guards is a liability.

I just want a guard that can be steady and play smart. Don't need him to score 18 and 9. Just, don't turn it over a lot and get the offense going. And I do believe that *could* be Wheeler is Cason just isn't there yet.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Yeah I feel like all scenarios are on the table. Maybe we don't use him at all, maybe he starts. I think it's really going to come down to health and which of these guards is a liability.

I just want a guard that can be steady and play smart. Don't need him to score 18 and 9. Just, don't turn it over a lot and get the offense going. And I do believe that *could* be Wheeler is Cason just isn't there yet.
With wheeler I just don’t want him to drive the baseline and into 3 defenders waiting for him, he need to pick his moments

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
The problem I have with him and even with Oscar, is the ball LITERALLY STOPS MOVING. I don't know if they just have poor court vision, haven't learnt the offense (Cal suggested this was an issue with Oscar) or if they're just thinking of themselves. But just pounding the ball into the floor is a recipe for a loss. You can't put back what you don't throw up.

With wheeler I just don’t want him to drive the baseline and into 3 defenders waiting for him, he need to pick his moments

I agree, and I'm not confident that this won't still happen. I'd almost say it WILL happen because at this point, because he is who he is. But he's still a better option than Thiero or Reeves at the point (or I believe as of now).

I think Wheeler, if he's healthy, can get us past Providence.. even if he doesn't have the best game.

IF he plays tomorrow, this whole incident reminds me of the the T. Clarke (RIP) saga. It took him like 3 months to come back from a sprained ankle just in time for post season play. He and the team looked terrible that game and we got bounced by Miss St. Hopefully, this season turns out different.

Plus Cal already said Wheeler wasn't starting in the interview the other day. So this is just creating chaos where there is none.]

I don’t know what the numbers say but it seemed like when he came off the bench that he did good things and didn’t have much time to do bad things. If he can take good shots (for him) and keep turnovers down while Cason rests I think that is a great thing. Actually we need everyone chilli in fo do much this year.

So has Calipari came out and said he’s definitely playing? Because the tone of this thread is suggesting just that.
Nobody here knows a damn thing. We don't even know what the "minor surgery" was nor why it was taking so long from recovery or may still.

Wheelers agent said he will be back in starting lineup against providence....I have no idea if it's fake or real but it's out there if you want to look at it.

I still think he quit and would be absolutely shocked if he were to play. If he does, I will own it.

I really don’t care who starts or plays, just as long as Kentucky wins. That’s what it’s all about now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT