ADVERTISEMENT

What an Inept and Pathetic Organization the NCAA is...

MHJTTSL.gif

• Haha
Reactions: westerncat
There is going to be a lot of pressure on the NCAA to vacate this title, even more you have two schools who have or are being investigated for cheating the last three years. Those two playing for the national championship is disgusting enough. If the NCAA has any balls, they will vacate Kansas's title, if not they will reap the whirlwind with the cheating that follows. Now Kansas* has their own asterisk to go along with North Carolina's*. Emmert needs to be fired and the rest of the NCAA's officials need to be replaced.

Kansas is probably the worst possible team that could have won the title this season, from the NCAA's standpoint anyway. People have been complaining (even Kansas officials have been complaining) about the ridiculous length of this investigation for over a year now. The excuse is that this special group that was tasked with investigating this is a more in-depth process than the NCAA's usual investigations. But please! Truth is, Kansas should have been on probation and banned from the post-season this year, but they're the title winner. You couldn't write a better script if you wanted to completely embarrass and humiliate the NCAA. Kansas made them look like complete fools. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I might say that Kansas (which has proven they aren't above scandal, bribery and cheating) made a large donation to be sure the punishment for their crimes wasn't enacted until after this season was ended and also that any punishment wouldn't take away a possible championship. It wouldn't surprise me.

There is going to be a lot of pressure on the NCAA to vacate this title, even more you have two schools who have or are being investigated for cheating the last three years. Those two playing for the national championship is disgusting enough. If the NCAA has any balls, they will vacate Kansas's title, if not they will reap the whirlwind with the cheating that follows. Now Kansas* has their own asterisk to go along with North Carolina's*. Emmert needs to be fired and the rest of the NCAA's officials need to be replaced.
What? Kansas' charged transgressions are 4+ years old. The team that won last night is entirely removed from DeSousa (sp) and Preston. There isn't a 5-star among them. IMO, vacating wins w/ DeSousa is certainly appropriate (doubt it happens)... but to vacate these kid's title... would just be more of what is wrong with the NCAA.
You can argue they should have been banned from the postseason, or otherwise ineligible to compete... but to take anything what those kids did last night in coming back on UNC would be a travesty. Especially, when the NCAA has recently stated that enforcement actions should have no impact on kids that didn't have anything to do with the charges.
As for "reaping the whirlwind" of cheating... NIL effectively ended all that. Everything, KU, Zona, NCState, etc did... could now be done legally with ease.

Reactions: MbergCat
If I were a conspiracy theorist, I might say that Kansas (which has proven they aren't above scandal, bribery and cheating) made a large donation to be sure the punishment for their crimes wasn't enacted until after this season was ended and also that any punishment wouldn't take away a possible championship. It wouldn't surprise me.
You would be giving KU way too much credit... anyone that watched this team earlier in the year, would have never given them a legitimate shot at winning a championship. They got somewhat hot... and the field ahead of them in the tourney just fell apart.

Puke/Shiteshefski had their barely beating heart ripped out. Unc gave up biggest lead in title game history and had their heart ripped out.
Jayhawks have title vacated…
One can hope.

The ncaa basketbal tournament is the BIG money maker and they are not going to punished two of the chosen ones. Just that simple. If they do it'll be a shocker. What a black eye it would be to allow a team to go unpunished, win the championship and then vacate it. This ain't u6 we're talking about here.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Kansas is a model institution with a pure and righteous coach. They deserve to be number one in all-time wins and national champions. Great program.

For those who don’t speak sarcasm, let me translate: KU and Self cheated, got away with it, reaped the rewards, and there is no justice in college basketball.

I think the difference between Louisville vs Kansas and North Carolina is that the Louisville scandal came to light AFTER they won the championship. That allowed the NCAA to vacate that title because it was assumed that the title was won in part due to the illegal activities.

For Kansas and UNC, the discovery was made BEFORE the title, so the NCAA can skirt the issue and use the excuse that the current championship was not affected by the cheating that happened in the past. I don’t see them vacating it, as much as I would love to see it.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
The NCAA did not vacate U of L's title per se. They found certain players ineligible because of receiving impermissible benefits, and then they vacated all wins that those players participated in, which included all of the games of the 2013 season.

So, for the NCAA to vacate the 2022 title, it would have to find that some of Kansas' players this year were ineligible.

Kansas is a model institution with a pure and righteous coach. They deserve to be number one in all-time wins and national champions. Great program.

For those who don’t speak sarcasm, let me translate: KU and Self cheated, got away with it, reaped the rewards, and there is no justice in college basketball.

What rules did Kansas break to win last nite?

Kansas is probably the worst possible team that could have won the title this season, from the NCAA's standpoint anyway. People have been complaining (even Kansas officials have been complaining) about the ridiculous length of this investigation for over a year now. The excuse is that this special group that was tasked with investigating this is a more in-depth process than the NCAA's usual investigations. But please! Truth is, Kansas should have been on probation and banned from the post-season this year, but they're the title winner. You couldn't write a better script if you wanted to completely embarrass and humiliate the NCAA. Kansas made them look like complete fools. If I were a conspiracy theorist, I might say that Kansas (which has proven they aren't above scandal, bribery and cheating) made a large donation to be sure the punishment for their crimes wasn't enacted until after this season was ended and also that any punishment wouldn't take away a possible championship. It wouldn't surprise me.

I noticed that they looked like they had just eaten molded bread when they handed him the trophy.

Never trust a coach that brings in Snoop Dog for their Midnight Madness.

You have no shame. You didn't have the guts to show up after we throttled you and are hanging around here now. All you are doing is proving you are who we thought you were... You're making your entire fanbase look bad. Pretty selfish.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
The NCAA did not vacate U of L's title per se. They found certain players ineligible because of receiving impermissible benefits, and then they vacated all wins that those players participated in, which included all of the games of the 2013 season.

So, for the NCAA to vacate the 2022 title, it would have to find that some of Kansas' players this year were ineligible.
What about Self???

He was on the bench and was the MAIN COG in the whole operation.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
You must be thinking of someone else. I was here.

Whatever you say. What's it like to know that nobody but "look the other way" Kansas fans respect your favorite team winning a championship with 5 level 1 allegations hanging? No envy, nothing.

I think the difference between Louisville vs Kansas and North Carolina is that the Louisville scandal came to light AFTER they won the championship. That allowed the NCAA to vacate that title because it was assumed that the title was won in part due to the illegal activities.

For Kansas and UNC, the discovery was made BEFORE the title, so the NCAA can skirt the issue and use the excuse that the current championship was not affected by the cheating that happened in the past. I don’t see them vacating it, as much as I would love to see it.
Well, suppose the NCAA had acted 2 years, or even 1 year ago with severe and appropriate punishment. Do you really think the team Self put on the floor last night would have been the same? Hell no! Agbaji? not there. McCormack? not there. Wilson? not there. Braun? Not there.

So the lack of timely action has greatly benefitted KU and Self. Yes, cheating does, and did, pay.

Reactions: kartmd
What? Kansas' charged transgressions are 4+ years old. The team that won last night is entirely removed from DeSousa (sp) and Preston. There isn't a 5-star among them. IMO, vacating wins w/ DeSousa is certainly appropriate (doubt it happens)... but to vacate these kid's title... would just be more of what is wrong with the NCAA.
You can argue they should have been banned from the postseason, or otherwise ineligible to compete... but to take anything what those kids did last night in coming back on UNC would be a travesty. Especially, when the NCAA has recently stated that enforcement actions should have no impact on kids that didn't have anything to do with the charges.
As for "reaping the whirlwind" of cheating... NIL effectively ended all that. Everything, KU, Zona, NCState, etc did... could now be done legally with ease.
How about the coaches who were completely in on the cheating? Shouldn't that be the focus here and not the kids.
You remove all games and paid coaches from the sidelines and give them a suspension to keep them off the sidelines. There, NCAA, I did it for you. KU fans can all blame me and the NCAA can continue to look like the model of integrity.

Reactions: rabbitTown
It will be interesting to see if our fans go the way of Indiana as all of our rivals continue to take the next step, and we're left with Calipari going by the book on everything.

Bobby Knight would be proud of our ethical stance on this one. I'm sure the Hoosier fans have a whole wall filled with ethics banners from his last few years instead of Final Four banners.

So a guy walks into a bar and there’s a dead body. Guy says to the police, “I killed someone five years ago and got away with it, but I didn’t kill this guy, so I guess I’m innocent.”

Sorry, not a great joke, but you probably get what I am saying.

So you’re saying that the guy should be punished for murder when he didn’t kill the person?

Well, suppose the NCAA had acted 2 years, or even 1 year ago with severe and appropriate punishment. Do you really think the team Self put on the floor last night would have been the same? Hell no! Agbaji? not there. McCormack? not there. Wilson? not there. Braun? Not there.

So the lack of timely action has greatly benefitted KU and Self. Yes, cheating does, and did, pay.
That’s a good point. F the NCAA

You are alive!

So a guy walks into a bar and there’s a dead body. Guy says to the police, “I killed someone five years ago and got away with it, but I didn’t kill this guy, so I guess I’m innocent.”

Sorry, not a great joke, but you probably get what I am saying.
Not really. Self denied the allegations unlike in this example.

A diff analogy might be: Police ask guy if he killed someone 5 years ago. Guy says “No.”. Police charge him with murder anyway. After his court date gets extended for several years, Police decide to charge him with the second murder.

Not really. Self denied the allegations unlike in this example.

A diff analogy might be: Police ask guy if he killed someone 5 years ago. Guy says “No.”. Police charge him with murder anyway. After his court date gets extended for several years, Police decide to charge him with the second murder.
LOL! You forgot the part where everyone knows he did it and the guy gets away with murder.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
The NCAA created this whole problem. They have hammered every school that cooperated with them. The punishment never fit the crime either. The cooperation never helped in the sentencing phase it only made it worse. When the entire system is built around schools cooperating and you remove every reason to cooperate it will fail.

It is not built to handle schools that have the resources to fight them. The NCAA doesn’t have the resources to investigate their encyclopedia of rules. When schools fought the NCAA system failed.

The NCAA should punish coaches and administrations not the paying customers fans/business or players not involved. It will be the quickest way to give programs pause. LSU should have to pay a huge fine because of how they have decided to run their athletic program.

Gee, what a surprise to see you back. You’re nowhere to be found after Kansas loses, but whenever they do well, it’s “…hey, time to hang out at Rupp Rafters again.”

Out of curiosity, do any of the posters here do that on the Kansas boards?

What’s going to be explanation to Louisville? Can’t wait to hear it.
Louisville gets crucified by the NCAA for having whores in their dorm. They gained no unfair advantage over any other school from this. The 2 recruits that fooled around with the whores went to other schools. It certainly didn't do anything to keep players academically eligible.....
Then we have Duke putting recruits & their families (Marvin Bagley, Zion Williamson) in $ million dollar homes. We have North Carolina giving us the worst academic scandal in the history of college sports. And now we have Kansas the cheatingest program in the history of college basketball with 5 level 1 violations that they are guilty of & them winning the national championship. These 3 filthy programs in the Final Four. It's enough to gag a maggot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT