ADVERTISEMENT

What about Allen helping out as a Stretch 4?

Yes I'm talking we need extended work there. He doesn't look consistently smooth. We need him better or go back to mintz as backup.

We'll need crunch time backup pg minutes at some point. Tyty looks out of place there, so far
Ty Ty is looking better every game at the point. Made some excellent passes for easy buckets in the UNC game.

.3 to .1 steals and .3 to .0 blocks. Let's not act like either one of them are Rondo or AD out there making steals and blocking shots. 🤣
I’m not! Neither put up great numbers. One gets to play primetime minutes and one gets to play walk on minutes although in reality the walk on minutes player has better numbers.

Reactions: treyforuk
4 of UVA's top 6 players (by minutes) were 6'7, 6'8, 6'8, 6'9...nice try though

3 ov Nova's top 5 in minutes were 6'7, 6'8 and 6'9...keep pushing for Allen though, he'd be AMAZING playing the 4!!

Cal doesn't mind running 3 or 4 bigs, so Allen could split some minutes from the 2-4 based on who we are playing, if Cal wants to give him any playing time.

I’m not! Neither put up great numbers. One gets to play primetime minutes and one gets to play walk on minutes although in reality the walk on minutes player has better numbers.
So if one of the walk on players plays 1 minute and makes a basket he is shooting 100% then he should be playing ahead of all the other players shooting less than 100%. Got it.

Neither was Juzang!
Ah yea Juzang. The guard who was getting 15-20 mins a game at the end of year. Juzang who had Tyrese Maxey and IQ in front of him. Yup Cal massively misused him. Allen isn’t even half the player Juzang was as a freshmen.

Allen is a spot up shooter, that has been bricking and air balling all season. Not many other basketball skills, subpar athleticism. Yes let’s put more players on the floor that don’t have basketball skills. He’s a turnover machine, who would make Boston look great.

hopeful Allen continues to work hard because I think his time is coming in the blue & white. If he can start hitting shots he can carve a rotational role out on this team.

I love that people literally believe that Cal purposely doesn't play someone who could make this huge difference in the success of the team, in winning games, in potentially getting to a Final Four.

Shouldn't really be surprised given the state of what people believe today but it must take a special kind of stupid to think that. I can't even comprehend what being that dumb must be like.

Ah yea Juzang. The guard who was getting 15-20 mins a game at the end of year. Juzang who had Tyrese Maxey and IQ in front of him. Yup Cal massively misused him. Allen isn’t even half the player Juzang was as a freshmen.

Allen is a spot up shooter, that has been bricking and air balling all season. Not many other basketball skills, subpar athleticism. Yes let’s put more players on the floor that don’t have basketball skills. He’s a turnover machine, who would make Boston look great.

hopeful Allen continues to work hard because I think his time is coming in the blue & white. If he can start hitting shots he can carve a rotational role out on this team.
Juzang averaged around 12 mpg.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Juzang averaged around 12 mpg.

Yup I’m well aware. Thus me saying his role was increasing at the end of the year. He was getting more shots and minutes, while being behind two great guards. Almost like Calipari knew he was talented but two better guards were in front of him who couldn’t come off the floor.

Yup I’m well aware. Thus me saying his role was increasing at the end of the year. He was getting more shots and minutes, while being behind two great guards. Almost like Calipari knew he was talented but two better guards were in front of him who couldn’t come off the floor.
I do agree with Maxey and Quickley playing in front of Juzang. I don’t think Mintz deserves twice the minutes as Allen.
And I think Hopkins and Toppin should take the majority of Brooks minutes. He has not improved at all in his 3 seasons. And ONE assist to 13 turnovers deserves a seat on the bench!

Reactions: KFuqua
Did Allen suddenly grow 3-4 inches? 6'8???

So you are saying that Allen is so good that we are going to change him from playing the 2 (where his actual size 6'5 makes sense) to a 4 where he will go up against 6'9+, 225 lb guys?

GREAT IDEA!!!
So you’re saying he’s 6 4 or 6 5? How tall do you say Brooks is?
Does everybody we play have a 6 9 225lb 4? No they don’t.
Here's an idea. Why don’t we try to make them match up with us?
I’m not saying 25 minutes at the 4 but in some instances he could help. Certainly could have against ND. We got very little from our 4 spot there and out rebounded. 2-19 on 3s!
Toppin and Collins are limited on offense. No outside threat at all.
Give him a chance to help the team at a spot where we are struggling. It might help. Doesn’t hurt to try some new stuff. Kids mature and get better if you stick with them. He’s off to a slow start but it’s not permanent. He’s hit 7 3s on the road. There’s ability there.

Im sure you’re still upset Hayes and Daniels played inside for us at their 6 6 height.

Reactions: EliteBlue
so many people blinded that he’s a Kentucky kid. Im thankful Richards wasn’t from KY, as man this board would have been a mess calling for more PT during his freshmen and sophomore years. Allen lacks some very important basketball skills, let’s sit back and let the kid mature and grow.

Reactions: kl40504
I had read somewhere that Allen had grown over the last 6 months or so and was at least 6-7 and closer to 6-8 now. I can't remember where I read that. But even if Allen isn't a full 6-8, he could be a possible option at the 4. If Cal wants to the 4 out, 1 in offense that he talked about last spring, Allen could be a possibility. Allen just needs to make some shots. One thing I do know is this- Cal isn't going to take a chance on that kind of thing if Allen hasn't shown he is making some shots again. 22% from 3 (6-27) on the season isn't gonna cut it. I hope Allen gets his chance and makes the most of it.

I had read somewhere that Allen had grown over the last 6 months or so and was at least 6-7 and closer to 6-8 now. I can't remember where I read that. But even if Allen isn't a full 6-8, he could be a possible option at the 4. If Cal wants to the 4 out, 1 in offense that he talked about last spring, Allen could be a possibility. Allen just needs to make some shots. One thing I do know is this- Cal isn't going to take a chance on that kind of thing if Allen hasn't shown he is making some shots again. 22% from 3 (6-27) on the season isn't gonna cut it. I hope Allen gets his chance and makes the most of it.
I have read the same thing here ,in a few more posts Allen will be the same size as Wheeler according to some. Playing a stretch 4 isn't going to happen for him though.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Allen is averaging more rebounds per 40 than Keion Brooks.

With Oscar so dominant on the glass, you probably don’t lose any rebounding playing Allen at the 4.

That was just some bogus post somebody had here. There’s no actual evidence to back it up. It’s bullshit.
I think I have read posts from people who attended games and have seen the players in person say that Allen is as tall or taller than Brooks. Folks who have been to games chime in on this one.

4 of UVA's top 6 players (by minutes) were 6'7, 6'8, 6'8, 6'9...nice try though

3 ov Nova's top 5 in minutes were 6'7, 6'8 and 6'9...keep pushing for Allen though, he'd be AMAZING playing the 4!!
So, 6-6, 6-5, 6-9, 6-3, 5-9 can not compete at desired times during game?. 4 scorers , quick point, bruiser scorer/rebounder..

So, 6-6, 6-5, 6-9, 6-3, 5-9 can not compete at desired times during game?. 4 scorers , quick point, bruiser scorer/rebounder..
Sure if we are playing Bellermine or if 4 of those guys are shooting 40% or better from 3 but probably not against most D1 teams when you have 1 guy shooting above that on the season.

Reactions: JFCats22
Sure if we are playing Bellermine or if 4 of those guys are shooting 40% or better from 3 but probably not against most D1 teams when you have 1 guy shooting above that on the season.
May have changed outcome of ND game....but we will never know, will we..because Allen sucks.

No, not against anyone decent and not if Allen is playing the 4.

If Allen’s name was Joe Smith and he was from Kansas City you would be laughing at the nonsense you (and others) are posting.

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
No, not against anyone decent and not if Allen is playing the 4.

If Allen’s name was Joe Smith and he was from Kansas City you would be laughing at the nonsense you (and others) are posting.
You have to be trolling...have to.. spurts, not a dam# starting lineup. Protecting a lead with shooters. Gah, some of you suck at this. At least one of you HAVE to be Cal!

Again, why would Cal do this with Allen when Sharpe is arriving? Can some of the more vocal Allen-nites riddle me that?

I want to hear the argument Allen should be the stretch 4 over Sharpe.

You have to be trolling...have to.. spurts, not a dam# starting lineup. Protecting a lead with shooters. Gah, some of you suck at this. At least one of you HAVE to be Cal!
Take away the MSU game last year and Allen is 30/95 from three the last two years.

That’s 31%. That’s terrible.

He’s not a scorer or a shooter. He’s an occasional role player who can (sometimes) make a few threes in a row.

Reactions: BlueGlasses12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT