ADVERTISEMENT

Westbrook having his way with Markquis Nowell

Props to the kid, he went on the best run of his career at the right time. Heck of a college guard and he killed us. His size will keep him from doing anything in the pros though as that clip showed. 98% of the guards in the league will bully him in the paint. They will bully him on defense and he will have to be elite with his handle and at finishing like a Kyrie or shoot the 3 at a very high rate to have a career.

If only we had a 5'8 fire hydrant guard last year who was willing to actually try to defend him.

Watching that just makes me pissed off at Sahvir "Ellen" Wheeler.
I tried to defend Wheeler as long as I could, but that last bit was the final straw. I still appreciate what he did give us when he played, but he's in a group of former Cats who just kinda quit.

I tried to defend Wheeler as long as I could, but that last bit was the final straw. I still appreciate what he did give us when he played, but he's in a group of former Cats who just kinda quit.

As soon as he lost his starter job, he was out. And then Cal said he was hurt or day to day the rest of the year.

Reactions: chroix
You know you’re small when you’re listed at 5’8” and everybody knows just from looking at you that even that listing is exaggerated bullshit.

Helluva player, though. I would’ve so totally enjoyed his NCAA tournament run performance this year …if only UK hadn’t been one of his victims.

Reactions: chroix
I mean, in Nowell’s defense — Russell Westbrook is a future Hall of Famer and still athletic for his age.

Westbrook does that to a lot of guards… .guards thst are much hetter than Nowell.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT