ADVERTISEMENT

Wenyen has been the best player so far according to reports

I am excited for the season and can't wait to see these players together. I believe Gabriel has the athleticism and drive to be an all-SEC player.

I'm just really loving our depth on paper. We are so versatile with several guys that can play multiple positions. Every spot is very deep with guys that can play that spot:

PG- Green, Gigeous-Alexander, Diallo
SG- Diallo, Baker, Gilgeous-Alexander, Knox
SF- Knox, Vanderbilt, Washington, Diallo, Gilgeous-Alexander
PF- Washington, Gabriel, Vanderbilt, Killeya-Jones, Knox
C- Richards, Killeya-Jones, Wynyard, Washington

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone was touting that Hump was the biggest surprise last year and that didn't pan out until UNC (where he did played amazing basketball) in March.

SGA will have to prove why he his such a surprise before I believe it.

With WG I'm not sure why he's getting all this hate. His ceiling is incredible. He didn't have an outstanding freshman campaign but not every 18 y/o kid we get is going to. Some of these guys take longer to adjust to not being the man of their team and not being able to physically dominate their opponents like they did in HS.

Let's see how he does. I got my eye on you Wenyen, show us what's up.

I don't think anyone is hating him. I just think he was a disappointment last year, and everyone is leery of jumping on his bandwagon, until they see it for themselves. He quit scoring the last few games, and he couldn't guard a bank vault. Personally, I hope he plays well enough to become a lottery pick, and I think he has all the tools. But, I after last year, I am not getting too many expectations, until the year starts. He may be a guy like Poy, who takes a little longer for it too soak in. If he is, that's ok.

That's the kind of comment that makes fans of any school look incredibly stupid. Luckily, what you "seen" last year is irrelevant, as is your opinion on the matter since you have ZERO clue what he'll do this year. Why make such an ignorant comment?

Cause he "seen" all he needed to "seen".

Duh.

As I said in my post, I certainly hope the reports are accurate. I am willing to wait and see. However, just thinking positive didn't make it so, with Hump, who was raved about in summer games.
WG is a lot more athletic and a better shooter than Humphries ever was or will be.

I saw the title and thought this was another Smooth as Butter thread. [laughing] Thankfully, it isn't![banana]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT