ADVERTISEMENT

Wenyen Gabriel

Said Rupp was a racist
Said he didn't enjoy playing for Cal
Said he doesn't need UK fan support
Complained that Cal didn't wish him happy birthday earlier this year
Etc.

hadn’t heard Cal didn’t wish him happy birthday. Jeez, Cal is absolute scumbag. I’ll do it for you

happy 23rd birthday Wenyen big guy. Next year is the big 1-2

F’ing childish man

Said Rupp was a racist
Etc.

He's a total POS for blaming his lack of ability on a guy who gave him every opportunity in the world to get his family out of a tent in The Sudan.

I don’t understand what more Wenyen wanted from Cal. Wenyen has the prototype build for an NBA stretch 4, and that’s the skill set Cal let him develop while at UK. Cal gave him the green light to shoot 3s his sophomore year, and he showed that he could execute. This is the double edged sword that is Cal’s recruiting. He gets guys that see themselves being in the league ASAP. He basically is telling them if you come to college and put the work in like a professional there’s no better place that will equip you for the league.

The other side of that is Cal lands guys who are delusional about their chances, and they leave early or transfer. Now I know we’re not in their facilities watching practices day in and day out so we can’t say for sure, but I’d bet most of us are willing to bet the guys who are transferring or leaving before they should usually aren’t the hardest workers. I’m sure a couple guys were exceptions, but when you look at the track record of guys who’ve done this, it hasn’t translated to league success. It makes me wonder if Wenyen thought Cal was going to wave a magic wand and have him in the lottery. Dude you played in 85 games, started 30 and averaged 20mpg and you stood out in maybe 2 or 3 games. At some point it’s on you to show you’re a transcendent talent. Wenyen was given opportunities.

And to be totally fair I don’t want to make assumptions about his work ethic at UK, because if we’re all being honest I don’t think many of us thought he’d be in an NBA uniform in 2020. He had to go the hard way to make a roster and he did it, so it seems like he’s working hard. I don’t want to disparage him. And you know what? I’m willing to bet when Gabriel hits free agency and GMs call Cal, he’ll support Wenyen. Cal won’t have his feelings hurt. I bet we get a sound bite from him this season along the lines of “some guys come here and don’t like the way I coach them, but I’m not here to coddle players, you guys are adults now. If you come here I’m going to *coach* you.” Best of luck to Wenyen, but I feel like he’ll soon learn a lesson about burning bridges.

I don’t understand what more Wenyen wanted from Cal. Wenyen has the prototype build for an NBA stretch 4, and that’s the skill set Cal let him develop while at UK. Cal gave him the green light to shoot 3s his sophomore year, and he showed that he could execute. This is the double edged sword that is Cal’s recruiting. He gets guys that see themselves being in the league ASAP. He basically is telling them if you come to college and put the work in like a professional there’s no better place that will equip you for the league.

The other side of that is Cal lands guys who are delusional about their chances, and they leave early or transfer. Now I know we’re not in their facilities watching practices day in and day out so we can’t say for sure, but I’d bet most of us are willing to bet the guys who are transferring or leaving before they should usually aren’t the hardest workers. I’m sure a couple guys were exceptions, but when you look at the track record of guys who’ve done this, it hasn’t translated to league success. It makes me wonder if Wenyen thought Cal was going to wave a magic wand and have him in the lottery. Dude you played in 85 games, started 30 and averaged 20mpg and you stood out in maybe 2 or 3 games. At some point it’s on you to show you’re a transcendent talent. Wenyen was given opportunities.

And to be totally fair I don’t want to make assumptions about his work ethic at UK, because if we’re all being honest I don’t think many of us thought he’d be in an NBA uniform in 2020. He had to go the hard way to make a roster and he did it, so it seems like he’s working hard. I don’t want to disparage him. And you know what? I’m willing to bet when Gabriel hits free agency and GMs call Cal, he’ll support Wenyen. Cal won’t have his feelings hurt. I bet we get a sound bite from him this season along the lines of “some guys come here and don’t like the way I coach them, but I’m not here to coddle players, you guys are adults now. If you come here I’m going to *coach* you.” Best of luck to Wenyen, but I feel like he’ll soon learn a lesson about burning bridges.
Yep.

Said Rupp was a racist
Etc.
Be absolutely shitty publicly about your issues with Cal/UK. Surprised pikachu when Cal doesn’t want anything to do with you. Nice Wenyen, nice.

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
He’s easily my least favorite UK player of all time.

Some have said Orton, shit Orton says now that he should have stayed at UK and regrets what he did. Orton is A ok in my book, he didn’t take out his issues on the man trying to help him.

right. And Orton’s gripes were all grounded in reality. He was a Billy G guy. Cal convinced him to stay AND brought in Cousins. He had a knee issue from high school with no right answer. Sure he burned his bridges, but then he owned up to it. Orton is peanuts compared to this whack job.

right. And Orton’s gripes were all grounded in reality. He was a Billy G guy. Cal convinced him to stay AND brought in Cousins. He had a knee issue from high school with no right answer. Sure he burned his bridges, but then he owned up to it. Orton is peanuts compared to this whack job.

Orton also had a kid and got drafted first round. I don’t blame him for making that decision, and I don’t think anyone does. What pissed Cal off was that Orton didn’t finish his spring classes. He’s made it clear since then that that’s part of the deal.

Orton also had a kid and got drafted first round. I don’t blame him for making that decision, and I don’t think anyone does. What pissed Cal off was that Orton didn’t finish his spring classes. He’s made it clear since then that that’s part of the deal.

And I think orton and Cal have since made amends.

as I fan I was never mad at orton. He had been through a lot over those two years. He had also lost his mother to cancer during that time. I just felt bad for him.

Said Rupp was a racist
Etc.
100% bet dude tracks rafters and responded to ppl saying he needed to grow up in the last thread...even the Rupp is a racist bs shows he’s in touch e ehat we are talking about rn. And showed he needed to grow up again.

Hes a child

Yes. And Orton has since apologized and learned a lot from the experience. He has regrets he’s working through. I believe his mother had just died also, so if Orton was the least favorite he’s been surpassed here by miles.

Sudan is one of the poorest countries in the world, according to Un Development report 2000. Most of the population live under hard conditions. One of the Sahel countries, Sudan is located in the Sahara desert. Hard climate conditions and political instability were always responsible for the poor life conditions.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Hell hagans is even commenting on his posts...not about the stuff...but him commenting in and of itself means hes on board with gabriel...cant stand him either.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Hell hagans is even commenting on his posts...not about the stuff...but him commenting in and of itself means hes on board with gabriel...cant stand him either.
What type of logic is that ? You do know that plenty of UK guys probably comment on his post right ? You must can’t stand PJ Washington and De’Aaron Fox either then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT