ADVERTISEMENT

Well that wasn't the start we were hoping for

We have been winning the last month or two with a lot of luck. Pitching has absolutely been horrendous all year and somehow we won this many games and got this far. Great coaching job.

Hopefully there are some upgrades to the pitching staff before next season. Apparently UK has the #1 portal class already going into ‘25.

Great and memorable season

Hell it all started with the 3rd out in the top of the first with that screwed up slide into second trying to steal. A normal slide and he is safe easy. Talk about not coming ready to play!!

I've been watching the ESPN pitch count and their pitcher is hitting nothing but corners of the strike zone. I have not seen one close to the middle of the plate.

Love Ming and it’s hard to complain but he needs to re-adjust his approach to his pitching staff. This is college baseball you simply can’t trust young pitchers to work their way out of trouble as much as he does. Saw several games this year including yesterday where it was obvious we needed a change and he waited until it was too late

It was a great season. First trip to Omaha, the program is moving forward. Need to upgrade the pitching in the portal.
As an aside, in the car I had the game on the radio on XM, and lo and behold a commercial sponsor was none other than the rooferee...

Since this is a basketball board and the thread title is so vague, I thought one of our players already got injured.
Me too. Luckily we haven’t seen the guy who never saw them. Good riddance, injury mind games.

It was a great season. First trip to Omaha, the program is moving forward. Need to upgrade the pitching in the portal.
As an aside, in the car I had the game on the radio on XM, and lo and behold a commercial sponsor was none other than the rooferee...
Ugh

Great season, just hate to be out of the game in the first inning or two. Florida will be out next game, then maybe Tennessee gets beat. I don’t care who wins it after that.

They are like the softball Cats. Pitching is why the softball team can only go so far. And it was like this for the baseball Cats this year. Would like to see both programs break through on getting some top pitching. Baseball we need several but softball could get by with just a couple of great pitchers.

What a helluva year by the Bat Cats. Finally had a break out year to make it to Omaha. I look for this to continue going forward!

Was fun to watch, except for the last 2 games! Made it further than I expected….hopefully Ming is able to build on this momentum

We have nine portal players committed for next season. A first baseman, two outfielders and 6 pitchers. Strong an outfielder and Veldugo a pitcher said to be two of the better ones but they could go pro. McCoy the most likely to be back. Petrie, McCarthy and Burks could come back if back out of draft. A lot of freshmen on the roster that did not play. So looks like a rebuilding year unless they can get a few more great transfers, especially infielders. No way of knowing how good the portal pitchers will be.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Correct. Would have been cool to not look like a middle school team though.

Funny thing is I actually had us not winning a game and we did beat NC State. I watch a lot of college baseball and our team is not primed for the college World Series and I get most people who didn’t play baseball or follow college basketball don’t understand that because they just see our record and the fact that we made it. The CWS might be the hardest championship to win in sports and those 8 teams aren’t equal by any stretch. For example we beat Florida this year and their record was 32-26 way worse than ours but their team was still much more talented. I hated seeing them make the playoffs and knew if we had to play them we wouldn’t win it.

This is a game of power and we don’t have the power so, naturally we need the pitching but past Pooser it’s meh. Once tennessee got that check swing call I knew right there it would carry over and they’d win the whole thing. Sucks because they were beat game one, but they do have a ton of talent on both ends of the ball. Gonna be hard for A&M to put them down.

Ming deserves COY honors. The fact that he took this team over 40 wins, to the CWS, won a game against a blue blood baseball program, had the next game tied through halfway, it’s really amazing. The wheels were going to fall off at some point but he really got those players to
Believe and they played well above their ability imo. Hopefully he can get some back and build the staff so we can make a serious run to win the entire thing.

We have been winning the last month or two with a lot of luck. Pitching has absolutely been horrendous all year and somehow we won this many games and got this far. Great coaching job.

Hopefully there are some upgrades to the pitching staff before next season. Apparently UK has the #1 portal class already going into ‘25.

Great and memorable season
Our record makes no sense, we had no premier player like Caglione and our pitching is terrible. I hope this run really gets us some top notch talent because matched against the best we looked terrible. All these teams can hit and we did not do that either.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT