ADVERTISEMENT

Well here is the Brea news …

Youtube Meme GIF

Lol college basketball is trash now. Boosters running the show
I was thinking the same thing. It's actually kind of sad to see that players are using the portal just to get a higher bid. They won't know what to do with themselves when they have a REAL job in the REAL world and simply can't job hop to get raises. But that's what kind of culture this is going to create - job hoppers looking for more $$$.

These guys are just better, more proven college basketball players. They’re all mercenaries if we’re being honest.

They are "likely" better in November. But there's no guarantee these multi-year players are gonna be better than guys like Shep or Dilly, or SGA or Wall.

I'm not sure how I feel about 3 and 4 star players asking for 6 figures. But I guess that's where the game is now.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Lol at anyone who thought Billy Donovan was coming back to college to deal with this circus.
Really don't understand the attraction for Pitino or even Cal.
Jay Wright looking like a genius.
It’s crazy man. You’re going to see elite teams playing in front of home arenas with 50% capacity because they happened to have boosters with deep pockets. I fear Kentucky is going to be dropped a tier because we aren’t a wealthy state. Need to keep the wealthiest donors happy, which just feels dirty.

• Haha
Reactions: ruppsrunt66
500k shouldn't be an issue.

I am honestly struggling to see the difference between guys like this and one and done freshmen though.

Sounds like Brea is playing for money. And God knows I'd be the same way.
There’s not much difference at all. But this year, we have to hit the portal so we can build the roster.

LOL, dude pretty much list EVERY team connected with / reached out to him, runs to a message board and post "A team from THIS list is who he will sign with" Nah, I thought WKU, or MAYBE Ball State after their big signing earlier today getting Hart would land him. Definitely breaking / insider news worthy of its own thread with red flashing siren alarms and the whole nine yards.

"INTEL" / "MULTIPLE SOURCES". Lol, what it really means - "I am a attention whore", "I need acceptance", "I want to look like a insider / big shot"

I do not need "INTEL" or "MULTIPLE SOURCES" to tell me that, it is glaringly obvious.

I was thinking the same thing. It's actually kind of sad to see that players are using the portal just to get a higher bid. They won't know what to do with themselves when they have a REAL job in the REAL world and simply can't job hop to get raises. But that's what kind of culture this is going to create - job hoppers looking for more $$$.
Well they have an in demand skill that allows them to do it. I’m sure we would take advantage of that in the real world if we could.

Reactions: BigTyrone

I am honestly struggling to see the difference between guys like this and one and done freshmen though.

The one & done freshman are 17-18 years old. These are 21-24 year olds with legit college experience.

If you were expecting a more pure answer, those days are over.

Except he's a veteran and nothing at all like a one n done.

I dunno, I have a new Director like twice a year and a new VP about three times a year.

Some folks are hopping for that bag in the real world.

Capitalism strikes again

Good for them. And that is a REAL job. Employers give just enough that you won't look. If it's time for a pay grade raise, you have to play chicken with them. Employers don't value loyalty, they exploit it..

Reactions: BigTyrone
Actually quite the opposite in the real world. Now job hopping is encouraged and seen everywhere. People woke up to the fact jobs aren’t loyal to you so keep hopping to get paid.

I dunno, I have a new Director like twice a year and a new VP about three times a year.

Some folks are hopping for that bag in the real world.
We're about to have our THIRD GM in the past year. Just no morale or stability other than a paycheck.

It’s crazy man. You’re going to see elite teams playing in front of home arenas with 50% capacity because they happened to have boosters with deep pockets. I fear Kentucky is going to be dropped a tier because we aren’t a wealthy state. Need to keep the wealthiest donors happy, which just feels dirty.
Uk needs to get back in the good graces with NIKE!

Actually quite the opposite in the real world. Now job hopping is encouraged and seen everywhere. People woke up to the fact jobs aren’t loyal to you so keep hopping to get paid.
I think it's easier for younger people to do that. I'm older and do having job security, and know that while I could get better pay elsewhere there's no guarantee it would work out, and I could end up in a job making less than what I make now.

Reactions: kats23
Lol, what world do you live in?

I have job hopped several times for promotion opportunities, better pay or benefits. That is literally how people get ahead unless they are cool with waiting on people ahead of them to retire or die.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT