ADVERTISEMENT

Well, here goes nothing.

Did BCG doom UK basketball? No. He got fired and we got a homerun after that when Mitch was taken out of the hiring. If Pope fails, he will be gone in like 2 or 3 years and Mitch will get fired. Then the next hire can be by a new AD who knows this hire will make or break them. We will recover just like we did before. I'm hoping Pope makes a lot of fans eat a big plate of crow and proves he was a good hire.

Reactions: Catfan2226
To make this work they are going to have to get some of the best assistant coaches in the country to help recruit players. I’m really worried about how they will do recruiting now.

Did BCG doom UK basketball? No. He got fired and we got a homerun after that when Mitch was taken out of the hiring. If Pope fails, he will be gone in like 2 or 3 years and Mitch will get fired. Then the next hire can be by a new AD who knows this hire will make or break them. We will recover just like we did before. I'm hoping Pope makes a lot of fans eat a big plate of crow and proves he was a good hire.
We are in a different era of ball. Three years is now like 5 or 6 with the way rosters are built and the rate people transfer.

and just when you thought it was safe to open a thread and the dumbest comments had made their way thru this petri dish called a fan base you get this crap.... OH the horror we hired a former player who gasp has an elite offensive philosophy and his players always love. Sure he needs to prove he recruit or hire those who can but big whoop . We found a really good coach who wants to be here. All these guys UK fans wanted sure as HELL wanted nothing to do with us and to be honest why would Hurley of wanted anything to do with us ? IS he an idiot?

Reactions: crawfords corner
You would think that "Mr. Play It Safe" Mitch would have at least had enough sense to hire a guy that had a 50/50 chance of being successful. Yet he chose a guy who has a 1% chance of success and a 99% chance of failing. What a stupid decision. Hopefully this will be the last mistake Mitch gets to make here.

and just when you thought it was safe to open a thread and the dumbest comments had made their way thru this petri dish called a fan base you get this crap....
Am I wrong?

We just suffered through 3 season of mediocrity. Can we afford two or three more of Pope doesn’t work out?

And if you don’t care for what I have to say you can literally not read and respond to it. Not hard to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT