ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Coen ain't going to Ohio State

Internet rumor this morning Philadelphia is showing interest in Coen.

For a guy with ONE successful year outta 3 he's getting a lot of interest.

Remember it’s all about the “tree”. Same thing about Mumme protégé’s. Working out of Sean McVay. It’s all lipstick. Now, does he need to stay a year or two more to be legit, absolutely and he can take whatever he wants without falling face first.

Reactions: secrules3
Pretty much knew Coen wasn't a candidate.
But Buckeyes demote Hartline and hire Obrien.
Hartline might make a good Coen replacement if needed.

Where do you see that Heartline was demoted? Article I read said he would remain co-OC. Heartline was never truly their OC this past year either as Day wasn’t comfortable giving that up to an inexperienced OC. The title to OC made it easier to give Heartline a nice pay bump and a chance to be groomed into OC. OSU will now have an experienced OC that Heartline can work closely with, allowing Day to focus in other areas. Seems like a win-win situation for both of them.

In person interviews start Monday

Coen is getting attention every where
The Steelers are the latest team to contact him
Looks like a coach gone to me
Or it could be a power play to get name next coach in line at UK

I’ll take Brian Hartline tomorrow if push comes to shove.

He only recruited, developed, and coached some of the best skill players in CFB the past 4-5 years. A few of whom will be all pros.

We know CMS loves him some Ohio connections. Hartline Bros are from Canton…doesn’t get anymore Ohio/midwestern football blooded than that…

Reactions: dailydouble
After the the triumphant return, & finishing the season with Dabo’s phallus stiring his coffee in Jacksonville ,let that drifter take his airstream to beautiful Chicago or Pittsburgh or Rhode Island Community College.

I’d rather have Sir Edward of Gran back , and take our chances with that. Having the guys that actually want to be here is kind of important in growing a consistent development season to season. Having drifters across the board keeps us in an annual shopping spree that could get us Scagnattied or Scangerellowed anew every other season.

Upward mobility is part of the game for all position coaches and coordinators ,..but this $hit is frustrating for players recruits and the fan base alike. Gotta be a way to improvise adapt and overcome, the new NIL & coaching carousel & all the youthful expectations of a matching NIL deal which has caused problems. But it’s the new world for everyone in the game to deal with , so I’d be actively studying how to navigate these issues the best way for the programs long term viability!

In person interviews start Monday

Coen is getting attention every where
The Steelers are the latest team to contact him
Looks like a coach gone to me
Or it could be a power play to get name next coach in line at UK
Link on Steelers? I haven't heard that.

Anybody read the article today about the former TXA&M AD explaining what happened in the Stoops to A&M debacle? The way I read it Stoops got word a couple of days before they hired their coach that he was getting the job. Then it said that Stoops went as far as telling people at UK he was going there. Is that the way you read it? Doesn't really make sense to me. It's like some things are left out of what happened.

I read it as Bjork wanted to hire Stoops & told Stoops he was gonna recommend he get the job to his bosses. But his bosses balked, and no official actual job offer was given. Elko hired 18 hrs later Sunday.

At the same time the other side of the story is Stoops informed his senior staff & Barnhart about the likely job offer Sat night. Who knows if he said he was 100% taking it. What us known is his coordinators didn't indicate excitement at going with him, plus his AD said he would interview his OC & DC & recruiting coordinator for the HC job.

Maybe that gave Stoops second thoughts? Maybe Bjork called him & said offer not coming first? At this point what does it matter? He didn't go & is here. Only matters apparently to some pillowy softys on here that I CANT BELIEVE HE EVEN ENTERTAINED THE NOTION OF LEAVING FOR 1 SECOND AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

didn't bother the great group of portal transfers we quickly got in early Dec. Didn't bother the group of top 25 HS recruits we signed before Christmas. Didn't bother the core talent of the roster, nobody portaled out.

Some want to invent this theory to explain Coen being mentioned for jobs that A&M is the cause. Even the most reckless rumor mongers on ksr say this isn't the case, that it was about O control & discipline, whatever the heck that means.

Reactions: KYExtemper
I’ll take Brian Hartline tomorrow if push comes to shove.

He only recruited, developed, and coached some of the best skill players in CFB the past 4-5 years. A few of whom will be all pros.

We know CMS loves him some Ohio connections. Hartline Bros are from Canton…doesn’t get anymore Ohio/midwestern football blooded than that…
But then what is the reason that Day isn’t ready to turn the offense over to him ? Must be something?

Hartline would rather stay at Ohio and be the janitor who mops the locker room than coach anywhere else, even calling the plays

I’m glad all the other coaches are recruiting and we’re paying Coen to interview.
Coen is going to do an in home visit next week with 2025 4* QB Ryan Montgomery. He is recruiting and not just interviewing.

I would not trust Hartline to come in and run our offense. If we had an offensive head coach, sure he could be OC. But our OC has to run the whole offense and Hartline has never done anything close to that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT