ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly Vermont update

Well yeah I mean, if your schedule consists of popcorn st minus three games....and you beat popcorn st 29 times but get blown out against the three ranked games, what does that mean? I guess you don't suck but it means you're not good enough to compete when serious competition comes.

But I understand perfectly we want them to succeed....they were a good test for our young men. My argument is some posters are saying they are legit.....legit in what way? Legit to me means you're a threat to win it All.

No definitely not legit in that way. I don't think anyone would ever pick Vermont to win the NCAA title or even make it outta the first round for that matter lol.

IMO we take it for what it was. A win over a top 50 team at home. Nothing more, nothing less.

Vermont is legit in what way? Our standard of legit means you're a threat to win it all. No way Vermont beats Any top 25 team this year. Last year they won 29 games they played three top 25 teams and got blown out each time. They were playing scrubs....look at their schedule please and you will see what I'm saying.
Give it up man. You so full of $hit I can smell you from here. Go Away little boy.

No definitely not legit in that way. I don't think anyone would ever pick Vermont to win the NCAA title or even make it outta the first round for that matter lol.

IMO we take it for what it was. A win over a top 50 team at home. Nothing more, nothing less.
I'm in total agreement. I must of misunderstood what some were saying. I feel like you do.

Vermont is legit in what way? Our standard of legit means you're a threat to win it all. No way Vermont beats Any top 25 team this year. Last year they won 29 games they played three top 25 teams and got blown out each time. They were playing scrubs....look at their schedule please and you will see what I'm saying.

Nobody said they're the 96 Bulls or even the 96 CATS, but you acting like they're awful just makes you look like a dolt. They'll make the tournament if they win their league and COULD give a major school fits in the dance. That's legit for a mid-major. Does that really have to be explained to you?

This entire thread is all of us piling onto you. I would just walk away and try again another day if I were you.

I don't get the obsession......other than they played us close so posters need to justify it by making them out to be monsters. They suck. Period. We played a horrible game, they kept it close by getting wide open looks, and hitting them. Get over it.

Clearly your clueless if you think Vermont sucks. Apparently you didn't watch them at all last year when they went to the NCAA tournament and this year they have their best players back. Come back when you learn basketball.

Clearly your clueless if you think Vermont sucks. Apparently you didn't watch them at all last year when they went to the NCAA tournament and this year they have their best players back. Come back when you learn basketball.
You're* and.....10-4. Posters crack me up.

Not sure if anyone is still following Vermont or touting them as a great win.

But, they have now lost 4 of 5 and are 7-5 on the season.

Not sure that win for UK is going to mean a whole lot anymore. Hopefully they can get their act together and start winning some games.

I don't get the obsession......other than they played us close so posters need to justify it by making them out to be monsters. They suck. Period. We played a horrible game, they kept it close by getting wide open looks, and hitting them. Get over it.

About 80% of your posts are pretty god awful. Nobody , NOBODY is saying / making them out to be “monsters” at all.

You continue to be hyperbolic and semi hypocritical... i don’t understand?

Reactions: JC43
Not sure if anyone is still following Vermont or touting them as a great win.

But, they have now lost 4 of 5 and are 7-5 on the season.

Not sure that win for UK is going to mean a whole lot anymore. Hopefully they can get their act together and start winning some games.

All road losses......two of them to teams youd expect them to lose to anyways.

They are far and away the best team in that conference so when conference play rolls around they should be fine.

FWIW 3 of those 4 games they were predicted to drop on Kenpom and the other they were only favored by a single point.

The fact that before that streak they were 64th ranked and now they are 70th ranked means those games didn't hurt them. It hurts them RPI wise and by extension us seed wise, but as far as their overall strength they are probably accurately rated.

It's one of those things where it might not look so good on our resume anymore but still a good win for us.

Sorta like the SEC games we've played the past 10 years or so. Didn't help us seed wise but were impressive nevertheless.

I can't wait for RPI to just die.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT