ADVERTISEMENT

Weekly Vermont update

10101-004-FDFC6884.jpg

I don't get the obsession......other than they played us close so posters need to justify it by making them out to be monsters. They suck. Period. We played a horrible game, they kept it close by getting wide open looks, and hitting them. Get over it.

I don't get the obsession......other than they played us close so posters need to justify it by making them out to be monsters. They suck. Period. We played a horrible game, they kept it close by getting wide open looks, and hitting them. Get over it.
You realize that if Vermont has a great year and finishes in the top 50 in the rpi that is good for UK right? I assume you want UK to have lots of top 50 wins.

In the grand scheme of things they are an above average squad and plausibly are a NCAA tournament team.

There are about 350 D1 teams so ranking Vermont as "sucks" means your scale is misweighted. They aren't anything like a contender or even a Sweet 16 type team but that doesn't mean they are crap at all either. They aren't hurting our RPI at all as an easy top 1/3 of D1 team this year.

wrong, they don’t suck. They are an experienced team, luckily PJ had a great game against them

The reason that we're mildly interested in Vermont, is because we don't TRULY know how good we are, or can be at this point.

That win MAY turn out to be a really good win for us, and until we play against some teams that are absolutely KNOWN to be good, we'll use whatever info we can get to gauge where we're at as a team...

They don't suck...

They're just a solid mid-major.

You're right, they don't suck, but, I don't think they are the mid-major powerhouse that some on this board do. Last night, they beat a 1-6 Richmond, by 6 points. That isn't the stuff top 25 teams are made of.

I, too, only watch one game per week and think every team outside of the top 10 is terrible. Let's start a club. You be president.

Except, they don't suck. You probably need a new hobby, cause basketball doesn't appear to be your thing.

Reactions: Blue wood
You're right, they don't suck, but, I don't think they are the mid-major powerhouse that some on this board do. Last night, they beat a 1-6 Richmond, by 6 points. That isn't the stuff top 25 teams are made of.

What's that say about UK then, if you're using margin of victory to determine these things?

Reactions: EliteBlue
Vermont has a real shot to be a 6 or 7 seed. You couldn't have asked for a better early game. Helps our SOS, makes them work, exposes flaws.. and we come away with a win.

You realize that if Vermont has a great year and finishes in the top 50 in the rpi that is good for UK right? I assume you want UK to have lots of top 50 wins.

Probably not.......some people wouldn't be happy no matter what UK, Cal or anything UK does.....It must be sad to never be happy about a damn game that was developed for entertainment. I watch for enjoyment......not so I can be a unhappy grouch all the time.

Reactions: Blue wood
Vermont is currently #64 in Kenpom...much more accurate at this point than the RPI.

The RPI currently has Nevada, Colorado, Vermont, Temple, and Rhode Island in the top 10. Anyone looking at the RPI right now is a moron.

Lol...for real?? Do you have a clue what they did last year & what they returned? It should be no surprise that they're doing well, will continue to do well....& will be back in NCAA tournament.

Vermont is currently #64 in Kenpom...much more accurate at this point than the RPI.

The RPI currently has Nevada, Colorado, Vermont, Temple, and Rhode Island in the top 10. Anyone looking at the RPI right now is a moron.
Obviously they will drop in RPI based on strength of schedule, but as long as they are top 50 in the end is really what matters. It is much better to be 5 than 150 right now lol.

You sir, are a moron.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Obviously they will drop in RPI based on strength of schedule, but as long as they are top 50 in the end is really what matters. It is much better to be 5 than 150 right now lol.

Florida is currently # 117, the RPI (right now) is 100% useless

Reactions: RipThru

chris-hansen-149x300.jpg

Why don't all you negative UK posters exit the board and go back to your own boards. Some of you moron's need to find something else to complain about all the time. You must live a miserable life. Bet they don't call any of you Mr. Sunshine. See a Dr. and get on some anti-depression pills. You are the ones that bitch and complain then get on this board after a good win and find something negative to post. Enough is Enough. GO AWAY. We don't want your kind around here, dummys.

Reactions: awf
As the days go by the more and more I begin to realize that people have no idea whatsoever on how to rate teams from non power conferences

They suck? How so? Asking for a friend.

You don't get it because your stupid.

The point is, many (probably yourself) keep saying we have had an easy cupcake schedule, just because these aren't well-known teams. Every single non-conference opponent on our schedule this year is in the top half of all 350 D-1 teams according to KenPom. I doubt any other school can make that claim.
KenPom has Vermont #64, ahead of Miss. St, Georgia, G-town, UConn, NC St, Indiana, Wake Forest, VCU, and many other schools that would not be considered "cupcakes".
Playing this type of schedule, in addition to our games vs top teams, and an improved SEC will lead to a very good SOS, and improve our chances at a higher seed in March.

No one is comparing Vermont to Duke. Lol

People are just saying that at the end of the year it’s possible they are top 50. And wins vs top 50 teams matter when it comes to seeding. It’s that simple.

Reactions: awf and Montana81
I’m not the one pretending like Vermont is Duke. I’d say that’s ignorant.
Nobody said Vermont is Duke. However, Vermont is one of the better mid-majors and will probably win a minimum of 30 games this year.

Go Danes!!! Vermont's a beautiful State and Burlington, where UVM is located is also a great little area, right off Lake Champlain. It usually comes down between the Danes/Catamounts for the NCAAT berth in their Conf. Tournament Finals.

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT