ADVERTISEMENT

Weed 2018

ThroughBlue

All-American
Aug 21, 2005
Andromeda
2017 was not much in the legalization so what states are we thinking could legalize in 2018? Missouri? Illinois? Michigan? Ohio?

Edit: recreational that is. I'm just hoping for a
State closer than Colorado

So Nevada, Massachusetts, California, Oregon, and Vermont legalized last year right? That seems like a good bit, as those should start getting implemented this coming year. We need more eastern and midwestern states to start coming into the fold though, Ohio isn't coming up this year I don't think.

So Nevada, Massachusetts, California, Oregon, and Vermont legalized last year right? That seems like a good bit, as those should start getting implemented this coming year. We need more eastern and midwestern states to start coming into the fold though, Ohio isn't coming up this year I don't think.
Just Nevada and Oregon went rec didn't they?

No they all went rec it's just those two were able to implement it this year.

I dont care which state legalizes it, I know it won't be KY or TN..I just want one that is within driving distance of KY. I was in Las Vegas recently. We checked in at the hotel around 9:30 Vegas time..I was in the room less than 45 mins when I told my wife, I am going shopping. I went downstairs, got a taxi and told the driver to take me to the nearest dispensary. He said, I got you..He took me to Releaf..waited out side for me..I made my purchase,,got back in the cab and was back at the hotel in less than one hour..it should be like that in every state..If you don't smoke it..don't buy it..but dont stand in the way of those who enjoy a good toke..I am 60 yrs old and VP of a bank..

Shit, VP of Bank? Break out the blow. You got access to banking money. I want that $45,000 rock.

I don't smoke weed but don't care that many do. The Commonwealth will be one of the last to get on board to legalize pot and make money as it's history has shown for the last 200 years.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Anyone know if the penalties are still super harsh in Kentucky? Or have they become more lax ?

Asking for a friend

We have pretty lax laws compared to a lot of other states. Possession AND sale of up to a half pound is a misdemeanor. Possession with a slight penalty (max $250 and/or 45 days) and I know small possession cases often just get pretrial diversion, do a little community service. Some states, possession of an ounce is an intent to traffic felony.

We have pretty lax laws compared to a lot of other states. Possession AND sale of up to a half pound is a misdemeanor. Possession with a slight penalty (max $250 and/or 45 days) and I know small possession cases often just get pretrial diversion, do a little community service. Some states, possession of an ounce is an intent to traffic felony.

Not taking a position on legalization. I do not believe it's as cut and dry as either side pretends, especially when it comes to distribution and Pharm.

However, I do not agree that any of these laws are "lax" necessarily. For example, I employ truck drivers. If they've got any, and I mean any, drug offenses on record I cannot hire them. I've turned away a 44 year old with a simple possession from 25 years ago. My insurance just won't allow it in Tennessee. There are many professions like this, so when people act like getting busted with some weed is no big deal, I just have to laugh. Depending on ones profession, and probably goes for half or more of the workforce, it's a huge deal.

Law enforcement won't hire a drug offender, even simple possession, especially with a stack of applications without the offense.

School districts down south are tightening up on it. Teachers are being rejected left and right for small amounts years earlier.

Many factory positions are starting to move into the same category.

Unless the person smoking has a college degree and is not drug tested, or owns their own business, a small weed charge can be the difference in being employed and unemployed.

I just hate the misinformation coming out of both sides.

You guys be safe out there. Don't allow these legalizations make you believe everyone is just A-OK with a bullshit amount.

You guys be safe out there. Don't allow these legalizations make you believe everyone is just A-OK with a bullshit amount.

Consequences for employment can absolutely be severe. I was just talking about the legal penalties imposed.

Not taking a position on legalization. I do not believe it's as cut and dry as either side pretends, especially when it comes to distribution and Pharm.

However, I do not agree that any of these laws are "lax" necessarily. For example, I employ truck drivers. If they've got any, and I mean any, drug offenses on record I cannot hire them. I've turned away a 44 year old with a simple possession from 25 years ago. My insurance just won't allow it in Tennessee. There are many professions like this, so when people act like getting busted with some weed is no big deal, I just have to laugh. Depending on ones profession, and probably goes for half or more of the workforce, it's a huge deal.

Law enforcement won't hire a drug offender, even simple possession, especially with a stack of applications without the offense.

School districts down south are tightening up on it. Teachers are being rejected left and right for small amounts years earlier.

Many factory positions are starting to move into the same category.

Unless the person smoking has a college degree and is not drug tested, or owns their own business, a small weed charge can be the difference in being employed and unemployed.

I just hate the misinformation coming out of both sides.

Speaking of, Tennessee is one of the most non-pot friendly states in the nation. (F'n puritans) Simple possession of a half ounce is a GD felony. That's ridiculous. I went to WKU. Had a hook up in Nashville that would sell me QPs of regular for $275 and I'd take it back an sell it for $40 a 1/4 oz. Free weed + extra drankin' money. Getting back across the state line was such a relief. This was at the turn of the century.

The pot issue is regional. The west coast lives in 2017, the east coast is in about 2008, the midwest is in 1986 and the south is still watching Reefer Madness in the 1930s.

I've got two simple possession charges from age 19 and 20 for a combined total of 1.75 grams. It might've cost me a couple jobs, but reasonable employers not bound by insurance restrictions realize holding a low-level misdemeanor against someone for two decades is incredibly harsh and, frankly, ignorant. (Ohhhh, that guy inhaled illegal plant fumes as a teenager. WHAT A CRIMINAL!!)

Personally, I think if that man-made poison known as alcohol is legal everywhere, a product that grows out of the ground should be too because it's much less harmful. BUT the alcohol, law enforcement and pharmaceutical lobbies won't let their precious money be affected by letting the consumer decide what to ingest on their own. (That's why I find great irony and hypocrisy in the fact the ideology that touts limited government and personal liberty is the one that opposes legal pot and favors government intervention/prohibition.)

Last edited:
Speaking of, Tennessee is one of the most non-pot friendly states in the nation. (F'n puritans) Simple possession of a half ounce is a GD felony. That's ridiculous. I went to WKU. Had a hook up in Nashville that would sell me QPs of regular for $275 and I'd take it back an sell it for $40 a 1/4 oz. Free weed + extra drankin' money. Getting back across the state line was such a relief. This was at the turn of the century.

The pot issue is regional. The west coast lives in 2017, the east coast is in about 2008, the midwest is in 1986 and the south is still watching Reefer Madness in the 1930s.

I've got two simple possession charges from age 19 and 20 for a combined total of 1.75 grams. It might've cost me a couple jobs, but reasonable employers not bound by insurance restrictions realize holding a low-level misdemeanor against someone for two decades is incredibly harsh and, frankly, ignorant. (Ohhhh, that guy inhaled illegal plant fumes as a teenager. WHAT A CRIMINAL!!)

Personally, I think if that man-made poison known as alcohol is legal everywhere, a product that grows out of the ground should be too because it's much less harmful. BUT the alcohol, law enforcement and pharmaceutical lobbies won't let their precious money be affected by letting the consumer decide what to ingest on their own. (That's why I find great irony and hypocrisy in the fact the ideology that touts limited government and personal liberty is the one that opposes legal pot and favors government intervention/prohibition.)

Tennessee is terrible if you're a pro-weed guy. I've got mixed feelings about it. This coming from a long time head who still struggles letting it go.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Since when did anyone care if pot were legal or not?

LOL. You know I think it would have passed in Ohio had it not been for that sort of weird thing where it was going to be put in 12 or so people's control. We went with the free market system here.

In answer to the OP's question I'd guess New Mexico, and believe it or not Idaho and Montana. Maybe even Arizona. Never Utah or Wyoming though. As for the rest of the country maybe Missouri and Arkansas. Not saying it will be on any of those state's ballots next year, but eventually. Prohibition failed because it made criminals of more than half the country. Pot isn't that much different these days.

Reactions: awf
Tennessee is terrible if you're a pro-weed guy. I've got mixed feelings about it. This coming from a long time head who still struggles letting it go.

If I didn't happen to room with a guy from Goodlettsville my freshman year (where my connection came from) I would've never known how stringent Tennessee's pot laws are.

If I didn't happen to room with a guy from Goodlettsville my freshman year (where my connection came from) I would've never known how stringent Tennessee's pot laws are.

Extremely. Anything close to a half and it's intent I believe. In my home county of west Tn, any amount of pot, as little as a single seed, and you get simple possession, 6 months probation, fines, drug test etc.

It's bad.

Since we're on it, when I was 16 me And a buddy of mine bought some reg (those days) from a dude who always weighed everything out with trips. We got a quarter that he weighed over, right in front of both of us. I'll never forget it, 7.5

So my buddy and me are riding his truck back to another boys house, blunts bought, speeding, and with one headlight out. Man.

We get pulled over by a notorious cop in the area and long story short, he found the bud. My grandfather was mayor of the town for around 30 years, so, I was arrested but taken home. Yep. Total bullshit. GOB network.

So my friend goes to court, and is charged with exactly 6 grams, just enough for the max at the time of simple possession. He received 30 days in jail, one year probation, and fines. That was 2001. That Cop took 1.5 home with him. But yea we still talk and laugh about it. Tennessee was worse back then believe it or not.

Since we're on it, when I was 16 me And a buddy of mine bought some reg (those days) from a dude who always weighed everything out with trips. We got a quarter that he weighed over, right in front of both of us. I'll never forget it, 7.5

So my buddy and me are riding his truck back to another boys house, blunts bought, speeding, and with one headlight out. Man.

We get pulled over by a notorious cop in the area and long story short, he found the bud. My grandfather was mayor of the town for around 30 years, so, I was arrested but taken home. Yep. Total bullshit. GOB network.

So my friend goes to court, and is charged with exactly 6 grams, just enough for the max at the time of simple possession. He received 30 days in jail, one year probation, and fines. That was 2001. That Cop took 1.5 home with him. But yea we still talk and laugh about it. Tennessee was worse back then believe it or not.

That roommate I had at the time of our introduction was just finishing up, and maybe you'll recognize the term, "11-29 probation" (11 months and 29 days) for getting caught in White House, TN, with a whopping 3 roaches in his car ash tray.

I wonder if regular is still a thing? It seems like everything is all colorful with a fancy name these days. (I don't smoke anymore because the buzz isn't worth the associated legal and professional risks) Those damn millennials will never know the joys of the brown frown aka Pedro aka chicken aka rooster aka schwagg.

Reactions: awf and morgousky
LOL. You know I think it would have passed in Ohio had it not been for that sort of weird thing where it was going to be put in 12 or so people's control. We went with the free market system here.

In answer to the OP's question I'd guess New Mexico, and believe it or not Idaho and Montana. Maybe even Arizona. Never Utah or Wyoming though. As for the rest of the country maybe Missouri and Arkansas. Not saying it will be on any of those state's ballots next year, but eventually. Prohibition failed because it made criminals of more than half the country. Pot isn't that much different these days.

I live in Idaho and see absolutely NO reason to expect any kind of legalization or decriminalization in the foreseeable future. Last I heard, the governor vetoed a bill legalizing mere CBD oil for treating epilepsy. IIRC, even Utah allows that. We're near surrounded by legal weed, but this state is backward ass in this regard with heavy Mormon influence. What are you hearing?

That roommate I had at the time of our introduction was just finishing up, and maybe you'll recognize the term, "11-29 probation" (11 months and 29 days) for getting caught in White House, TN, with a whopping 3 roaches in his car ash tray.

I wonder if regular is still a thing? It seems like everything is all colorful with a fancy name these days. (I don't smoke anymore because the buzz isn't worth the associated legal and professional risks) Those damn millennials will never know the joys of the brown frown aka Pedro aka chicken aka rooster aka schwagg.

I'm on the older end of Millennial, but I definitely smoked some brown, shwaggy, seed-filled garbage in my early days.

I at least know people who still get mids. But I'm sure there are people selling ditch weed to broke kids.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT