ADVERTISEMENT

Website like JPScott's that does UK football stats/history?

Estil

Sophomore
Mar 3, 2011
Okay those of you like myself who are mostly at the b-ball forum know of JPScott and his fantastic website that is essentially THE online UK basketball encyclopedia in terms of stats and such. I was just curious if a similar website like that exists for our football team as well?

That might be a challenge to build though as there are a LOT more guys (60-65?) on a football team (compared to 12 for basketball) and there's a lot more different stats to keep up with.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Okay those of you like myself who are mostly at the b-ball forum know of JPScott and his fantastic website that is essentially THE online UK basketball encyclopedia in terms of stats and such. I was just curious if a similar website like that exists for our football team as well?

That might be a challenge to build though as there are a LOT more guys (60-65?) on a football team (compared to 12 for basketball) and there's a lot more different stats to keep up with.

Nothing that I know of anything as detailed as Jon Scott's site, but for stats only this is what I refer to.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/kentucky/rushing.html

Been considering doing this for 2 decades now. I've kept a bunch of stats. However, Life keeps getting in the way (and i dont know squat about maintaining a website.)

Been considering doing this for 2 decades now. I've kept a bunch of stats. However, Life keeps getting in the way (and i dont know squat about maintaining a website.)

How exactly did you compile them? And is it possible to have a record of the boxscores for each of the games without it looking like too much a confusing mess? :(

It really is so much easier with basketball (one line of stats only) and baseball (just need batter's and pitcher's stats...there's fielding too but that's hardly ever used)

How exactly did you compile them? And is it possible to have a record of the boxscores for each of the games without it looking like too much a confusing mess? :(

It really is so much easier with basketball (one line of stats only) and baseball (just need batter's and pitcher's stats...there's fielding too but that's hardly ever used)
Most of my stuff is kept at the season level. I tried some game-by-game but that got to be too many tabs and files and i didnt know how to interweave them.

When i have a chance, I'll try to post some examples. Nothing i have is really "sophisticated", but there is a lot of data (top rush yds, passing, receiving). JPScott needs to do an online course on "how to" lol.

Kentucky's all time record is 605-618-44. FYI. Im not sure what that site shown means by adjusted record, or whatever, but the record is way off.

You know a thought just occurred to me, our basketball team has since the days of Rupp (if not especially in the Rupp Administration) has been very much the Evil Empire of the SEC...while OTOH the football team has been more like the Cubs of the SEC...the lovable loser underdogs (in their 103 years they only won eight games nine times, with the 1977's SEC title stripped :( ).

And just like how the Cubs (until 2016) didn't make the World Series since 1945, we haven't made a major bowl game since 1951). So we have both an Evil Empire team like the Yankees and a lovable underdogs kind of team like the (before 2016) Cubs...it's kinda like we have the best of both worlds no?

You know a thought just occurred to me, our basketball team has since the days of Rupp (if not especially in the Rupp Administration) has been very much the Evil Empire of the SEC...while OTOH the football team has been more like the Cubs of the SEC...the lovable loser underdogs (in their 103 years they only won eight games nine times, with the 1977's SEC title stripped :( ).

And just like how the Cubs (until 2016) didn't make the World Series since 1945, we haven't made a major bowl game since 1951). So we have both an Evil Empire team like the Yankees and a lovable underdogs kind of team like the (before 2016) Cubs...it's kinda like we have the best of both worlds no?
That is a real strange way to look at things. Lol. But right now, i like it a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT