ADVERTISEMENT

Weaver

Weaver is damn good but UK is deep as hell at the LB position.
Weaver plays the Jack which is much different from the ILB positions, and is arguably the most difficult position on the defense. His backup is Wade, who is a talented young player but inexperienced. We will probably see more of the hybrid safety scheme like we saw last year while he is out.

Reactions: cathouse
Weaver plays the Jack which is much different from the ILB positions, and is arguably the most difficult position on the defense. His backup is Wade, who is a talented young player but inexperienced. We will probably see more of the hybrid safety scheme like we saw last year while he is out.
His backup has been listed as Wade since Wright’s return. I suspect Wright takes some of those responsibilities when Wade is on the field and Alex Alfari will play that small OLB/hybrid otherwise. I think Fearby was listed the backup Jack before Wright returned. So, we see that Wade and Alfari will likely not RS this year.

Oh, one last thing about my leg break. When I stepped out of the car, I knew I was hurt really bad. 4 broke ribs, broken orbital bone, and a broken bone in my neck. But didn't yet realize that my leg was destroyed. So I stepped out with my left leg. When the right leg hit the ground, my shin hit the ground bc I had so many breaks lol

It doesn't really matter what string Weaver is because he is one of our very few pass rushers. He has 17 tackles for a loss over two seasons. Dude lives in the backfield. What he brings isn't easily replaceable by any other linebacker.

My grandpa’s buddy carried two 190 lbs. men three miles to safety at the same time with a broken ankle during WWII. Get your ass back out there. What’s the hashtag? Oh yeah, #FORTHETEAM. Kids these days, smh.
Wait so he carried 380 lbs for 3 miles on a broken ankle? That is amazing and it had to be the adrenaline rush that he was able to do that.

Reactions: The-Hack
If there isn’t any ligament or bone damage, am I wrong in saying they could wrap it and potentially play limited snaps in Oxford?

Oh, one last thing about my leg break. When I stepped out of the car, I knew I was hurt really bad. 4 broke ribs, broken orbital bone, and a broken bone in my neck. But didn't yet realize that my leg was destroyed. So I stepped out with my left leg. When the right leg hit the ground, my shin hit the ground bc I had so many breaks lol
Very sad Blue. Im glad you are still with us.
Prayers for you to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Oh, one last thing about my leg break.
Blue, God has a purpose in all things.

Have you ever noticed how obnoxious and disturbing it sounds when a crutch is slammed into the hollow metal of the aluminum seating at Kroger Field?

I can see you making a joyful noise on Saturdays this Fall!

Reactions: bluejohnson
If there isn’t any ligament or bone damage, am I wrong in saying they could wrap it and potentially play limited snaps in Oxford?
Tackling for a LB with one arm or even with a club is almost impossible.

We had a LB try to play like that a few seasons back and he literally could not get a runner to the ground.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Ok, now I'm confused. Are we cursed or are we blessed? Can you pick just 1 and run with it?
Lol Ive used the Cursed theme for ever since I can remember.
UK has never won a National Title in football.
And Id imagine you know the story of Rupp and the Bear?
Also, the Vikings are cursed. No SB titles and haven't been to one in going on 46 yrs.
The Reds? Cursed. No WS in going on 33 yrs.
Do I really believe in Curses? Im on the fence.
But Bear Bryant, Eric the Red and Pete Rose could be involved!

• Haha
Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Tackling for a LB with one arm or even with a club is almost impossible.

We had a LB try to play like that a few seasons back and he literally could not get a runner to the ground.
Not necessarily true, I've seen players use their cast as a club and it made them play better than when he didn't have it

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT