ADVERTISEMENT

We open a 24.5 underdog

I will be cheering for the boys in blue, regardless of the spread. Georgia is going to be tough. We just can’t have turnovers, hold our own in the trenches, and have sustained drives.

Go Big Blue!

Take the points.
Georgia won't score 24 on us.
if we contain like we have and don’t give them a short field i agree. i’d be surprised if they score 30 and if we don’t score at least 10. 24 is a big number.

For all intents and purposes this game will decide the SEC East. That means that UK is the primary roadblock in the way of Georgia getting to Atlanta and therefore a spot in the playoff. It will also be their first week at #1 in how long?
You don't think they will be JACKED for this game???
That stadium will be unhinged and Georgia's guys will want to prove they are the best team in the country and fully deserving of the #1 ranking.
Honestly, I just hope the game isn't over by the end of the 1st quarter!

For all intents and purposes this game will decide the SEC East. That means that UK is the primary roadblock in the way of Georgia getting to Atlanta and therefore a spot in the playoff. It will also be their first week at #1 in how long?
That stadium will be unhinged and Georgia's guys will want to prove they are the best team in the country and fully deserving of the #1 ranking.
Oh ye of little faith.

We may very well lose this game, but I think you underestimate two things: #1 UK still has a hell of a lot to prove also (Stoops and co. Have been vocal about SEC champ game being the next step for a couple seasons now) and #2 this is a mature UK team full of upperclassmen who aren’t going to let the moment overwhelm them.

I would also add that we have played Georgia tougher than just about anyone has the last several years. If we had this years offense last season, we win that game. Georgia had trouble scoring on us.

If we can continue to limit turnovers and penalties, we have a shot.

On the flip side of that, UK comes in with nothing to lose as a 20+ pt underdog with ALL of the pressure on UGA to win. I hope they feel like they have to "prove they are the best team in the country", it just adds to the pressure.

I'll tell you one thing, our team or coaching staff are looking forward to this HUGE opportunity.

7, 49, 27, 62, 37 and 24.

Those are their margin of victories this season.

I think we'll cover tho.
Smart’s first season they got us by 3. Since then it was 29, 17, 21 and 11 last season in a game where they just didn’t want the qb to lose it. If they are playing their defense and holding us at bay pretty well, I actually think that keeps the margin down because he’s inclined to ‘not give us any points’ and just control the game. He’s a guy that can be content with that.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I gotta say, I thought the spread would be large, but not THAT damn large.
At least we are 6-0 and in a position to make some noise, when was the last time we could say that?
I believe in Stoops, he’s a hell of a coach in my book.

I’m not 100% sure we score on offense. Clemson and Arkansas neither did, and they have better offenses than us.

Even so, 24 is a lot of points. Wouldn’t shock me if Georgia doesn’t score that many total.
Disagree...maybe they "should" have better offenses than "us" but to say they do - I don't think so.

But I see your point, they are tough...but so are we.

Reactions: 1stKatMan
I wouldn’t bet this game. The people that set these spreads are VERY good at it. I’ve found over the years that spreads that look asinine tend to go the exact opposite. Seems like this spread should be much closer …. those are the ones that bite you. I sure hope we win and make the so called experts look bad but they couldn’t care less who wins. They just calculate the statistics. GBB.

I have a superstition against betting on the cats because it has always been bad luck. Can someone please hammer this one in my honor?
I normally do the same but I did take the CATS last week at -3 vs LSU. Just had that feeling we could come out early and jump on them which we did. This week I would not touch this Game either way.

I saw Vegas has us as 22 point underdogs..I dont even bet sports but I am on this. GA may very well beat us and probably will but not by 22..
Opened at +24.5 and all the early money went on Kentucky is why the line moves to 22.

Georgia will be a public play, so I’m hoping the line creeps back up to 24.5 throughout the week.

Oh ye of little faith.

We may very well lose this game, but I think you underestimate two things: #1 UK still has a hell of a lot to prove also (Stoops and co. Have been vocal about SEC champ game being the next step for a couple seasons now) and #2 this is a mature UK team full of upperclassmen who aren’t going to let the moment overwhelm them.

I would also add that we have played Georgia tougher than just about anyone has the last several years. If we had this years offense last season, we win that game. Georgia had trouble scoring on us.

If we can continue to limit turnovers and penalties, we have a shot.
I kind of hope JT Daniels is back and they’re working the passing game all week. Daniels is made out of glass, if someone could get to him he’d probably be out of the game or be seeing ghosts for the rest of the game.

It’s a case of be careful what you wish for though, on two fronts, Daniels can light our corners up if he isn’t pressured, and two, we don’t have the best track record of winning once we got a backup QB playing against us.

This does sort of remind me of 2018 when we went 10-3. Vegas took some time to catch up to just how good we were.

Disagree...maybe they "should" have better offenses than "us" but to say they do - I don't think so.

But I see your point, they are tough...but so are we.

Not my opinion, FWIW. Going off FEI, F+ and SP+ national offensive efficiency ratings.

None of those teams have particular great offenses (all ranked between 40th and 60th nationally), but theirs consistently rating somewhat better than ours.

Offshore has UK team total over/under 9.5 points (over/under 3.5 points for first half). For perspective, last week Auburn hosted UGA and Auburn's team total was o/u 14.5 points. The week before that, Arkansas travelled to Athens and Arkansas' team total was 6.5 points. Gives you some perspective on what Vegas thinks about UK's offense vs UGA's defense.

Georgia's team total o/u is 34.5 points. 17.5 points in the first half.

Also, the first quarter spread is UK +7 points with UK's over/under team total for the first quarter at 0.5 points.

UGA's average margin of victory over us is 26.5. So is Vegas looking at history or paying attention this year and just think UGA is that good?? We shall see soon enough. I don't think they cover, and I also don't think we win. Nothing wrong with 11-1 though

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
On the flip side of that, UK comes in with nothing to lose as a 20+ pt underdog with ALL of the pressure on UGA to win. I hope they feel like they have to "prove they are the best team in the country", it just adds to the pressure.

I'll tell you one thing, our team or coaching staff are looking forward to this HUGE opportunity.
I am looking forward to seeing how the coaches and team handle this moment. Georgia will undoubtedly come out and try to punch us in the mouth. Their fans will be very LOUD. This team will be tested in a way unlike ever before. Talent level between the two programs is still pretty wide but, we have closed the gap. This will be a test of fortitude and heart.

Reactions: catben
I'd feel better about our defensive stats holding up if Oxendine and McCall weren't out. I think this is where people expecting us to keep them from scoring are missing it. We will have to score way more points than 20 to win, in my opinion. Our defense is predicated on bricking the other teams running game. We will wear Paschal out and he will work his tail off but our D Line will have to have their best game so far to make this play out in our favor.

Georgia's 1st team D has only given up 16 points in 6 games.
Georgia’s first team D has played a bunch of terrible offenses so far. Auburn scored 19 on LSU we scored 42 with ease.

Arkansas, the one decent offense you’ve played, who’s offense revolves around the running QB, he had a knee injury and clearly wasn’t right for the UGA game.

I think Georgia drinking their own koolaid, or believing that they should actually be 23.5 point favorites is what may lead to Kentucky shocking them.

• Haha
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
I'd feel better about our defensive stats holding up if Oxendine and McCall weren't out. I think this is where people expecting us to keep them from scoring are missing it. We will have to score way more points than 20 to win, in my opinion. Our defense is predicated on bricking the other teams running game. We will wear Paschal out and he will work his tail off but our D Line will have to have their best game so far to make this play out in our favor.
I agree Red, this is a game where the O needs to step up and take some of the pressure off our depleted Def line

Georgia’s first team D has played a bunch of terrible offenses so far. Auburn scored 19 on LSU we scored 42 with ease.

Arkansas, the one decent offense you’ve played, who’s offense revolves around the running QB, he had a knee injury and clearly wasn’t right for the UGA game.

I think Georgia drinking their own koolaid, or believing that they should actually be 23.5 point favorites is what may lead to Kentucky shocking them.
And what Kool-Aid are you guys drinking? Look how you've barely beaten mediocre teams. Florida dominated you in every statistical category but the scoreboard. LSU is a complete shitshow and they've basically quit on their coach who will be fired at the end of the season. Arkansas scored 51 on Ole Miss and zippo against us. You barely beat South Carolina and we beat the shit out of them. We dominated Auburn on the road. But keep feeling good about yourself this week because it's all about to come to an end.

Our offense is like 21 pts better than last years and our D is better too. We play this game 10 times our average margin of loss would be like 7.5.

• Wow
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
We could lose by 25+ Of course; UGA is on a different level than anyone else…but, that line is blatantly disrespectful. Usually when there is overwhelming public sentiment on a team during a big game, the opposite happens. I feel very confident that we will cover the spread and keep the score respectable.

And what Kool-Aid are you guys drinking? Look how you've barely beaten mediocre teams. Florida dominated you in every statistical category but the scoreboard. LSU is a complete shitshow and they've basically quit on their coach who will be fired at the end of the season. Arkansas scored 51 on Ole Miss and zippo against us. You barely beat South Carolina and we beat the shit out of them. We dominated Auburn on the road. But keep feeling good about yourself this week because it's all about to come to an end.
South Carolina is the only team that has covered against you so far, I’m thinking the entire SEC West is overrated, we beat Florida by more than Bama did, Arkansas QB had a bum knee when he played you, if he had a bum knee against Ole Miss then Arky probably doesn’t score that much at all even against that Swiss cheese defense.

The shitshow that is LSU barely lost to the team that just gave you some issues, Kentucky is definitely better than Auburn.

The only claim I’m making is that the line is disrespectful and that Kentucky is going to cover, but I do give Kentucky a shot in this game, because Georgia hasn’t been punched in the mouth yet this year, and Kentucky is a team that’s going to punch you in the mouth whether they win or lose.

Florida dominated us in turnover differential as well, and still lost.

Imagine beating a team in every category and still losing. Imagine not beating that same team in every category... its a 25 point loss.

We can all look at that game differently, but we can all agree on is that UK looked like straight dog shit and still won.

Imagine when they play an average game...

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT