ADVERTISEMENT

We love you Oscar but….

so nothing concrete just your opinion? IMO he won't be back because this year will be a faster style and 2 guards and 2 wings that can score that we didn't have before and the offense won't run through him
That's probably part of it as well. No, I don't have anything concrete. I don't have video feeds in Kraft/Rupp/Cal's office. But those comments were awfully telling last season. Don't you remember Oscar saying that there shouldn't be as much yelling?

And then Cal with the "Oscar says stuff" when we were struggling to win a game in that stretch in January.

I think they were butting heads. It may not have been personal per se, but we know how it goes in a workplace when you don't get along ideologically.

Oscar has also talked highly on Head Coach Calipari many times during interviews. There was one time last year when they had Cal and Oscar together talking and Coach Cal mentioned Oscar's Defense at times needed to be better. That was all that was said a couple of times was about Oscar's Defense. Cal has always praised Oscar and Oscar has done the same with Coach Cal. There was many NBA Scouts and GM's that kept telling Oscar to go back to UK for the One more Season and work on his Defense and some said to work some on his shooting. The NBA Scouts have told Oscar that most 6'9 players are Power Forwards that can do it all in shooting the 3, shooting, driving to the basket and scoring, etc. Oscar's Defense has always been the issue with NBA scouts and GM's. They have told Oscar being 6'9 and playing Center in the NBA would be even more difficult than in the NCAA.

Reactions: downthehatch
Kid isn’t coming back to UK, he will get a solid two way deal. It’s on him to prove his worth, and I hope he gets his bag
Nothing compared to what he can do with NIL. Maybe he makes 250k a year on a 2 way. He’d make 2 mil in one season at uk

The rule did change what 2 or 3 seasons ago with the NCAA. The NCAA changed the draft rules is that if you hired an NCAA approved Agent and the Player didn't take a big sum of money from an Agent and was undrafted the player could return to school. Basically, the NCAA Players had to hire approved NCAA Agents first and thn second NO Big Money could exchange from the Agent to the Player when getting the NCAA Approved Agents!

Supposedly Oscar could return to UK if he has met all the NCAA requirements and notifies UK by the following Monday after draft.

And Tre Mitchell does not play center so there is no conflict of Oscar getting his playing time.

Reactions: KMKAT and Montana81
I understand what you saying about Oscar playing Center and Mitchell at the PF. Tre Mitchell has played both PF and Center in High School and in College basketball. I am not saying Center is his position but Mitchell could play there some if Bradshaw or Ugo are in foul trouble, need rests, or injuries. Mitchell has played both PF and Center during his playing time in HS and College ball!

Supposedly Oscar could return to UK if he has met all the NCAA requirements and notifies UK by the following Monday after draft.

And Tre Mitchell does not play center so there is no conflict of Oscar getting his playing time.
Ain’t happening, and what about bradshaw

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT