ADVERTISEMENT

We have our 8

HagginHall1999

All-American
Oct 19, 2018
It is clear who the 8 are in the mind of Calipari.

Wagner
Reed
Reeves
Dilly (DNP tonight)
Adou
Mitchell
Ugo
Bradshaw

Edwards down to a season low 9 minutes tonight even with Dillingham out. Ivisic barely saw the floor....don't really agree there but is what it is. Z needs to get a little run for Bradshaw disappearing acts and foul trouble. Otherwise I think this is the rotation.

Ugo was light years better than Bradshaw. Ugo was great tonight.
That’s a little much calling him “great” tonight. He was definitely better than Bradshaw and was serviceable, but he missed several chances to block shots by just standing there. He may have been OK rebounding, but Arkansas had no bigs to speak of. A good center would have dominated. Ugonna needs playing time and maturity to become a decent big man. Hope he sticks around for his Junior year.

Wagner
Reed
Reeves
Dilly (DNP tonight)
Adou
Mitchell
Ugo
Bradshaw

Edwards down to a season low 9 minutes tonight even with Dillingham out. Ivisic barely saw the floor....don't really agree there but is what it is. Z needs to get a little run for Bradshaw disappearing acts and foul trouble. Otherwise I think this is the rotation.
Well, the jury is still out on number 8, IMHO.

Bradshaw hasn’t done enough to earn that spot.

I want to see more of Ivisic. I think he might steal that 8th spot and maybe move past Onyenso for the 7th spot, if Cal will just let him play.

But the key, IMHO, is Reeves at the 3, so we can put three of the four standout guards out there together.

Ugo lacks strength and isn’t very quick. Doesn’t have the best hands. But he at least alters some shots and can dunk the ball when he catches it around the rim…I thought early on Bradshaw was going to be the missing piece but he’s not a good shot blocker and doesn’t really fight. Ugo at least tries.

Z will be a big minutes guy by the end of the season. He’s a difference maker. Just getting acclimate
I hope he gets to that point. Because ugo is a below average offensive player,and a decent defensive player. Bradshaw doesn't have it.

For us to have any chance at a title, we have to have someone develop into a difference maker.
So far I have not seen anyone on our team that can be that guy. Big Z might have the talent, but I'm not convinced that cal will develop a offense with him.
He could be a solid rebounder, good defensive player,and spread the floor shooter out of the 5 spot. If cal would use him on the wing opposite the p/r action side it would open up the middle big time.

Last edited:
I think Bradshaw would have trouble playing in front of Ajae Petty!!!

Wagner
Reed
Reeves
Dilly (DNP tonight)
Adou
Mitchell
Ugo
Bradshaw

Z needs to swap out for Bradshaw for sure IMO, agree overall with the others though. Bradshaw could swap in games he can play in. Physical games aren’t his forte.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT