ADVERTISEMENT

We are entitled

uk78

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
I saw the rant on PTI and of course some others who take the side that we are "bad" fans for expressing our unhappiness with Cal. It is suggested that Kentucky fans are arrogant, entitled, unrealistic, and other negatives. Guess what? Wrong!

Certain sports teams whether college or pro's have a legacy. Yes, those teams may have occasional down years but typically are consistent in doing well if not winning it all.

Kentucky basketball holds emotional meaning to many of the fans and there is a pride of the program and an interest and devotion that is unmatched with the possible exception of one or two other programs. Much earlier this year in another thread, I described how I use to drive out into the woods to try and pick up a Kentucky basketball radio broadcast pre-cable, etc. after moving out of State. I am not alone in this caring. The other day on a radio show a fan was crying when he started talking about the program. He is not unique either. Many of us share these feelings because we care. In fact, Cal or any coach wouldn't be earing the type of salary he receives if this was an acceptable average basketball program nor would there be a 24K Rupp Arena, National fan base, Big Blue Nation, etc.

Sorry PTI guys and others, us fans are not willing to accept what is occurring. Sure Alabama, LSU, perhaps Florida have great fan following for Football but no one had a fit when Florida changed coaches after winning but disappointing seasons for them. The Yankees have a following and legacy, but if the Minnesota Twins perform poorly it may be sad but no where near the same meaning. This is true for Kentucky basketball. We are here to protect our legacy. So, yes, I am going to express my displeasure and if you talking heads don't get it then too bad.

I saw the rant on PTI and of course some others who take the side that we are "bad" fans for expressing our unhappiness with Cal. It is suggested that Kentucky fans are arrogant, entitled, unrealistic, and other negatives. Guess what? Wrong!

Certain sports teams whether college or pro's have a legacy. Yes, those teams may have occasional down years but typically are consistent in doing well if not winning it all.

Kentucky basketball holds emotional meaning to many of the fans and there is a pride of the program and an interest and devotion that is unmatched with the possible exception of one or two other programs. Much earlier this year in another thread, I described how I use to drive out into the woods to try and pick up a Kentucky basketball radio broadcast pre-cable, etc. after moving out of State. I am not alone in this caring. The other day on a radio show a fan was crying when he started talking about the program. He is not unique either. Many of us share these feelings because we care. In fact, Cal or any coach wouldn't be earing the type of salary he receives if this was an acceptable average basketball program nor would there be a 24K Rupp Arena, National fan base, Big Blue Nation, etc.

Sorry PTI guys and others, us fans are not willing to accept what is occurring. Sure Alabama, LSU, perhaps Florida have great fan following for Football but no one had a fit when Florida changed coaches after winning but disappointing seasons for them. The Yankees have a following and legacy, but if the Minnesota Twins perform poorly it may be sad but no where near the same meaning. This is true for Kentucky basketball. We are here to protect our legacy. So, yes, I am going to express my displeasure and if you talking heads don't get it then too bad.
PTI? Prick Tasting Institute

Anybody calling BBN arrogant and spoiled are casuals who’s opinion doesn’t matter.

This is why I don’t bother with the majority of sport media, and would rather just chat with other fans like on here.

If there were no passionate fans, and just all casuals, no one would listen to these guys. But these types look down on passionate fans (of any team), and would rather laugh at them. It’s best to just tune them out and not give them the views or clicks.

This is why I don’t bother with the majority of sport media, and would rather just chat with other fans like on here.

If there were no passionate fans, and just all casuals, no one would listen to these guys. But these types look down on passionate fans (of any team), and would rather laugh at them. It’s best to just tune them out and not give them the views or clicks.
They have to laugh because they know less than most fans.

Wilbon and Tony are gonna protect a fellow Begok. Tony isn’t bloated but he is a little booger, so.

PTI? I used to see that show back in 2004, early 2000's. Are those two doofs still on that show? Tony Karmenheiser and that guy Wihlbon, or whatever his name is?

....to not attend games, not buy gear, and turn off these privileged ignoramuses.

I don’t get why fans get mad when someone calls their fan based spoiled, entitled or whiners . Historical programs or sports franchises are going to have fans like this .

Kentucky basketball fans
Duke basketball fans
UNC basketball fans
Kansas basketball fans
Bama, Clemson , Ohio St football fans
Dallas Cowboys fans(even while on a drought)
New York Yankees fans

It’s true and there isn’t wrong with it . These are all passionate fanbases

Reactions: Short-Dawg-69
Don’t watch those losers. They just want to kill the UK brand and it’s never worked. ESPN guys at all levels are some special kind of stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT