ADVERTISEMENT

We Are A Bad Match Up for South Carolina

This game is basically USCjr season. A tough game for them but one they technically could compete and win. Outside of this game, they have toledo. Wofford, and vandy, and really no other winnable games on their schedule.

Last edited:
Here is my major concern: sc has a stud wr and we play our cbs based on field/boundary instead of matching up. Jq was once again not great in either man or zone. In man he got beat and in zone he was way too easily influenced by routes in front of him.

So sc can dictate very easily by formation what theyre getting. They can either bet their beast is going to beat our man cb in the boundary or run levels at jq to the field for some easy first downs. He already showed himself susceptible to that concept last night.

We badly need another cb to step up.
lol, you are giving sc to much credit to adjust

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Stoops is probably our best coach since Bear and I would only consider him a C or maybe B- coach in a good year. We've usually been pretty good on D but he's largely ignored offense and ST's since he's been here

We’ve usually been pretty good on defense?

From the end of Claiborne’s tenure in 1989, until 2018, I know of one year we ranked in roughy the top 25% of FBS on defense. In 2008, we were 32nd nationally. Since 2018, we have been ranked at least the top 4 in the SEC, save last year, and have finished as high as Top 15 nationally twice.

Our brief sputters of success under Mumme, Morris and Brooks were largely based on offense, especially QB play by Couch, Lorenzen and Woodson.

Lol…. another year of Kentucky being a national power according to its fans, only to end the year with five or six losses once again. Legends in your own mind. Does stoops have a winning record yet overall?
Sir you are confused. No one in here said we were gonna be a national power. And based on this schedule we may end up with 5 losses.

We are only saying based on the animal feces the Cocks threw up on the field Saturday, this is a game we should definitely win.

Lol…. another year of Kentucky being a national power according to its fans, only to end the year with five or six losses once again. Legends in your own mind. Does stoops have a winning record yet overall?

Lol.

I have referred this missive to UK’s creative writing department as examples of both irony and hypocrisy!

I think I’ll e-mail it down to Columbia. I’ll simplify it for them and just say it is an example of “natural fertilizer,” and such bullsh!t should be forwarded to Klemp Son’s agricultural department.

Anyone counting SC as an automatic win or that we are going to boat race them needs to cool down. This will be a physical, close game. SC defense looks pretty good and opportunistic.

I hope we get after Sellers early. rFr in first road game. Can’t play off and let him get comfortable. Rattle him early and often.
Agreed. I think if we win the TO stat, we win the game.

Have you seen South Carolina’s overall record?
The Gamecocks are the worst program in the SEC right now. Clemson has slapped that USC fanbase stupid

Reactions: tngamecock#
Sir you are confused. No one in here said we were gonna be a national power. And based on this schedule we may end up with 5 losses.

We are only saying based on the animal feces the Cocks threw up on the field Saturday, this is a game we should definitely win.
and I’m just messing with you. I was at the South Carolina game and we look like crap on O. D is maybe best we’ve had in a while. There were people on here saying nobody was talking smack and I was just trying to liven it up.

I saw your score thought well that’s not anything against southern miss. I didn’t realize it was only half a game. Now it’s a little more impressive.

South Carolina is truly the Jekyll and Hyde of all time. And based on the tough games Kentucky and South Carolina seem to usually have I expect this will be another one. I do think you’ll see our quarterback is much better passing than you saw last Saturday. But we’ll see.

and I’m just messing with you. I was at the South Carolina game and we look like crap on O. D is maybe best we’ve had in a while. There were people on here saying nobody was talking smack and I was just trying to liven it up.

I saw your score thought well that’s not anything against southern miss. I didn’t realize it was only half a game. Now it’s a little more impressive.

South Carolina is truly the Jekyll and Hyde of all time. And based on the tough games Kentucky and South Carolina seem to usually have I expect this will be another one. I do think you’ll see our quarterback is much better passing than you saw last Saturday. But we’ll see.
This is one of those games where I honestly am not sure what’s going to happen. USC still has great athletes, and our OLine needs serious improvement.

Reactions: tngamecock#
He does against USC!

Through last year he’s averaging 6.63 wins per year at Kentucky. Now mind you there are 3 to 4 Patsys on your schedule each year. Let that sink in. Yet he is considered an extremely good coach and your fans are afraid he will leave. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Edit: why do I feel like JD Vance spouting facts at Dana Bash?

Last edited:
Offensively they are bad but the defense looks good and they got a couple dudes up front. Very curious to see how we hold up vs that.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
This is a game we should absolutely win but so was the game last year. Thats why i really just have one concern.

That said imo you cant discount how much sc and beamer gets up for the UK game. They have issues but were also absolutely looking ahead. This is a game that insufferable little pr*ck circles every year.
I feel the same way you do. So many of our fellow UK fans seem to think we are going to drag our nuts all over South Carolina and it's like uh... guys, we lost the last two against them in absolutely hideous fashion. Coming off a difficult offseason full of weird and bad news, we have a ton to prove. Let's stay focused. Even Vandy isn't an automatic win (especially with their new QB).

For all the people who believe it doesn't matter what the fans say and do, only the players... That's absolutely untrue. When the general spirit of the time and place (zeitgeist if you will) is one of complacency, that's when our UK football team has always been at its worst. We need to stay hungry. The whole community is part of the team. More than you might think.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Through last year he’s averaging 6.63 wins per year at Kentucky. Now mind you there are 3 to 4 Patsys on your schedule each year. Let that sink in. Yet he is considered an extremely good coach and your fans are afraid he will leave. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Edit: why do I feel like JD Vance spouting facts at Dana Bash?
Through last year beamer is averaging 6.66 wins at SC. He arrived with way more talent than stoops had when he came to UK. Not really sure what point you're trying to make but I can spew useless facts too

Based on what we saw in the first game(from both teams) this game looks like a mismatch. Based on UK history I'm not buying that .We tend to overlook or take lightly teams we should beat. Where do we stand in that regard this season remains to be seen. Our defense should carry the load in this one if the offense doesn't turn the ball over

Through last year beamer is averaging 6.66 wins at SC. He arrived with way more talent than stoops had when he came to UK. Not really sure what point you're trying to make but I can spew useless facts too
Without looking at it, I'd bet Stoops has more wins per season than South Carolina has, since Stoops arrived here.

Based on what we saw in the first game(from both teams) this game looks like a mismatch. Based on UK history I'm not buying that .We tend to overlook or take lightly teams we should beat. Where do we stand in that regard this season remains to be seen. Our defense should carry the load in this one if the offense doesn't turn the ball over
Agreed. As often as we've beaten South Carolina under Stoops, the only real mismatch I recall was in the wacky 2020 season where everything was screwed up.

Here is my major concern: sc has a stud wr and we play our cbs based on field/boundary instead of matching up. Jq was once again not great in either man or zone. In man he got beat and in zone he was way too easily influenced by routes in front of him.

So sc can dictate very easily by formation what theyre getting. They can either bet their beast is going to beat our man cb in the boundary or run levels at jq to the field for some easy first downs. He already showed himself susceptible to that concept last night.

We badly need another cb to step up.
Who is this stud WR that SC has? Vandrevius Jacobs? (who comes up with these kids names?) The kid caught 2 balls for 59 yards against ODU. Their QB is awful. Completed 10-23 passes for 114 yards. Color me not worried. You can have the best receivers in the world and it doesn't matter if the QB can't deliver the ball to them. We have a top notch defense, If we're concerned about one WR for SC then we're in for a long season.

So who again is this stud? I read a report during game week that SC hadn't settled on who their Number 1 receiver would be. If this kid is a stud wouldn't that have been clear from day 1?

And we will; its hard to get up for Southern Miss. They will be ready for SEC play.
They got up just fine for Southern Miss. Both teams came out a little sluggish to start because of the long delays, but once we settled in after a couple of series, we dominated. 31-0 in barely over two quarters of play is a pretty impressive start.

Who is this stud WR that SC has? Vandrevius Jacobs? (who comes up with these kids names?) The kid caught 2 balls for 59 yards against ODU. Their QB is awful. Completed 10-23 passes for 114 yards. Color me not worried. You can have the best receivers in the world and it doesn't matter if the QB can't deliver the ball to them. We have a top notch defense, If we're concerned about one WR for SC then we're in for a long season.

So who again is this stud? I read a report during game week that SC hadn't settled on who their Number 1 receiver would be. If this kid is a stud wouldn't that have been clear from day 1?

Dont recall his name but hes 230 pounds and has elite speed. Beyond him im way more concerned about their edge guys. They have a tf that jumps off the screen more than anyone since clowney.

We do usually throw in our annual clunker and lose to somebody we shouldn't SC, Vandy, Mississippi State, all generally fall into that category for us. That's the biggest thing we have to avoid this game, and this season for that matter.

Dont recall his name but hes 230 pounds and has elite speed. Beyond him im way more concerned about their edge guys. They have a tf that jumps off the screen more than anyone since clowney.
Looked it up, their "stud" is 6'-5" and 235 lbs, Nyck Harbor. Didn't register an offensive stat vs. ODU. Credited with one solo tackle, wondering if that came on special teams. SC had seven different guys catch a total of 10 passes between them, their stud wasn't one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT