ADVERTISEMENT

We Are A Bad Match Up for South Carolina

YaketySax

Senior
Jun 28, 2018
UK has a good front seven but I’m still not sure we have good DBs. I don’t think it’ll matter next week unless Carolina only showed part of their playbook which I kinda doubt they did since the ODU game was tight.

South Carolina has a QB who can’t throw it well but can make plays with his legs. Sellers was 10/23 for 114 yards. Their QB only threw it 23 times. Meanwhile Sellers and their RB had about 45 carries in between them, but not a lot of yards with about 3.5 yards per carry. Thats not an elite rushing attack.

I feel like I got to watch the game to get a good sense, but the box score looks promising for UK. UK was a 5.5 point favorite offshore last week, but after Saturday I assume it’ll be at least over a touchdown. The lines will come out this afternoon to know for sure.

Reactions: Lost In FL
We beat the breaks off South Carolina.
They should have lost at home to Old Dominion.
It will be a nice tune up gm before the real season starts v Georgia.

Here is my major concern: sc has a stud wr and we play our cbs based on field/boundary instead of matching up. Jq was once again not great in either man or zone. In man he got beat and in zone he was way too easily influenced by routes in front of him.

So sc can dictate very easily by formation what theyre getting. They can either bet their beast is going to beat our man cb in the boundary or run levels at jq to the field for some easy first downs. He already showed himself susceptible to that concept last night.

We badly need another cb to step up.

Here is my major concern: sc has a stud wr and we play our cbs based on field/boundary instead of matching up. Jq was once again not great in either man or zone. In man he got beat and in zone he was way too easily influenced by routes in front of him.

So sc can dictate very easily by formation what theyre getting. They can either bet their beast is going to beat our man cb in the boundary or run levels at jq to the field for some easy first downs. He already showed himself susceptible to that concept last night.

And we will; its hard to get up for Southern Miss. They will be ready for SEC play.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

Unless the WRs can throw to themselves, I’m not sure SC has a prayer.

Unless the WRs can throw to themselves, I’m not sure SC has a prayer.

This is a game we should absolutely win but so was the game last year. Thats why i really just have one concern.

That said imo you cant discount how much sc and beamer gets up for the UK game. They have issues but were also absolutely looking ahead. This is a game that insufferable little pr*ck circles every year.

This is a game we should absolutely win but so was the game last year. Thats why i really just have one concern.

That said imo you cant discount how much sc and beamer gets up for the UK game. They have issues but were also absolutely looking ahead. This is a game that insufferable little pr*ck circles every year.
This will probably be his last year there. His seat was lukewarm before the season and the way they looked yesterday, I can’t see them winning more than 5 games.

I’m hoping once DJ Waller is fully healthy that he can take that spot. I’m kinda surprised that Dunn didn’t beat out JQ either but he looks more like a safety to me than a corner so maybe he’s playing out of position.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
This will probably be his last year there. His seat was lukewarm before the season and the way they looked yesterday, I can’t see them winning more than 5 games.

Mixed feelings about this. On one hand i cant stand him but on the other hes never going to do more than beat us here and there. Whereas they could totally make the right hire and turn into another very formidable team.

Mixed feelings about this. On one hand i cant stand him but on the other hes never going to do more than beat us here and there. Whereas they could totally make the right hire and turn into another very formidable team.
South Carolina had their greatest success when they hired an old Spurrier who became their winningest coach in 10 seasons.
This is the same program that has hired Beamer,
Will Muschamp, Brad Scott, Sparky Woods…

South Carolina had their greatest success when they hired an old Spurrier who became their winningest coach in 10 seasons.

They hired lou holtz before spurrier and he had success too. In fact he basically invented the wildcat.

Both were insanely great hires so far above their weight class its incomprehensible. Lets hope they arent able to pull another.

Reactions: seccats04
We don't have a lot of room to talk smack about our HC's. I mean Curry and Joker are two of the worst hires in the past 40 years in the SEC. Stoops is probably our best coach since Bear and I would only consider him a C or maybe B- coach in a good year. We've usually been pretty good on D but he's largely ignored offense and ST's since he's been here, not to mention the undisciplined play on the field (last year was terrible with all the late hits) and that is not the mark of an above average coach.

Reactions: STL_Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT