All-SEC
Dec 30, 2002
For a spring practice this year.
New OC.
New QB.
New OL coach.
New RB and Special Teams Coach.
New offense.

Going to take time and reps to install this new offense and all the players are new to Coen.

If we don't get a spring practice to install the new offense, could be a difficult early season.

That's very true, going to need as many reps as possible. I wonder if Coen has already been in contact with current players and coaches with an early playbook or something of the like just to be studying? May not have had enough time with the playoffs going on, but being very organized was one thing that impressed Stoops during the interview so I'm sure he has something to get the players and staff a Jumpstart.

New OC.
New QB.
New OL coach.
New offense.

Going to take time and reps to install this new offense and all the players are new to Coen.

If we don't get a spring practice to install the new offense, could be a difficult early season.
And some warm up games before sec play .

Reactions: cathouse
New OC.
New QB.
New OL coach.
New offense.

Missouri and Ole Miss did just fine on offense this year without spring practice. No excuses from here on out.

Reactions: jnewc2
Missouri and Ole Miss did just fine on offense this year without spring practice. No excuses from here on out.
Kiffen and Drinkowitch aren't walking through our door. We have a new OC with no experience, trying to install a new offense, to a totally new (to him), group of players.

Anyone should be able to understand why he needs some time to install his system.

And some warm up games before sec play .
I totally agree with this. Why not play EKU in a practice game before the season starts, so that you can hone in on areas that need improvement before the first real game.

If not EKU, I feel pretty sure that Coach Hood at Murray would oblige us with a practice game.

Reactions: The-Hack
Kiffen and Drinkowitch aren't walking through our door. We have a new OC with no experience, trying to install a new offense, to a totally new (to him), group of players.

Anyone should be able to understand why he needs some time to install his system.
I understand what you are saying but looking at two other schools with similar resources hired new coaches, new systems, new players just like us and they improved big time over their predecessors. No excuses.

There will be spring practice Election Flu about over
Major Cities opening up again amazingly
No worries about Spring practice

Reactions: bratboy
Guestimating as hard as I can, I think by the end of February we have the bulk of those most seriously threatened vaccinated. Those beyond the age of 70 and/or with serious co-morbidities, and/or those in the health industries are getting over a million doses a day.

That population has accounted for 85 precent of hospitalizations and deaths. By April they should be safe.

We’ll have a Spring practice, but the conference might have to think outside the box and let them run a couple of weeks late.

I pray that at some point we can have a ongoing thread about sports without it being derailed by Covid, politics and injustice.

There will be spring practice Election Flu about over
Major Cities opening up again amazingly
No worries about Spring practice

Please let the rest of the World know that this has all been all about the Election.

That was the gest of my post. If Covid doesn't get under control, there will be no spring practice.
If a season was just played, albeit with a lot of bumps in the road to put it mildly, why shouldn't there be spring practice?

in any event, I would agree with you that the lack of one would not be helpful at all for us for the reasons you names, particularly the new OC and system and new starter at QB.

ADVERTISEMENT