ADVERTISEMENT

WAY to EARLY…PROJECTED 2024 WINS

Oct 18, 2020
As I said it’s way early, but this is a tough schedule.

2024 Kentucky Football Schedule

SATURDAY, AUG 31
Southern Miss. WIN

SATURDAY, SEP 21
Ohio. WIN

SATURDAY, NOV 16
Murray State. WIN

SATURDAY, NOV 30
Louisville ?

DATE TBA
at Florida. ?

DATE TBA
Auburn. ?

DATE TBA
Georgia ?

DATE TBA
South Carolina ?

DATE TBA
Vanderbilt. WIN

DATE ТВА
at Ole Miss ?

DATE TBA
at Tennessee ?

DATE TBA
at Texas ?

South Carolina WIN. We owe them big. Louisville Win they lose a lot this year. Auburn needs to be a win. That’s 7. We are gonna be hard pressed to get anymore. Our road games next year are rough. If we steal one of four it would be a miracle

Reactions: entropy13
OK, I’ll throw in Louisville and South Carolina…I’m not sure we’ll beat them, but two more wins would take us to SIX.

Who thinks we could beat Auburn?

Dang guess it’s true…Better “PONY UP!” Damn

I think 7-8 is possible. Perhaps 9 if the portal works in our favor.

Guaranteed losses:
UGA
@ Tennessee (home or away it never fails)

Likely losses:
@ Texas
@ Ole Miss

Toss Ups:
@ Florida
Auburn
Louisville

Likely Wins:
3 OOC scrubs
Vandy
South Carolina

7 and 5 I was going 6 and 6 but with Stoops st the helm we always lose two not counted on and we always win 2 not counted being positive 7 5

The schedule is tough but not as tough as some have made it out to be. Need to win three of UofL/SCar/Auburn/Florida to get to 7. Florida and Auburn are huge question marks for me. I expect Auburn to be better in year 2 of Freeze but how much better is the question. What do these schools end up with from the portal as they both have large NIL budgets.

6-6 is generous as our roster stands now,no QB,no proven RB,thin reciever corps,inconsistant O line. Poor secondary,NUMEROUS holes that need to be filled

Reactions: seccats04
Southern Miss WIN

Ohio WIN

Murray State WIN

Louisville WIN

at Florida LOSS

Auburn WIN

Georgia LOSS

South Carolina WIN

Vanderbilt. WIN

at Ole Miss LOSS

at Tennessee LOSS

at Texas LOSS

7-5

AU will be much improved in 24. If they get a QB from the portal look out.

Reactions: Dddjdd
We have lost to south carolina 2 years in a row , why do we pencil that in as a win?

Rattler is likely gone, not sure about their WR. But I suspect they get hit reasonably hard in the portal. Who wants to play for a guy who makes perfect calls and his players do something else. He throws them under the bus after every loss

Way too early to have an intelligent opinion, but here is my early take:

-3 Stiffs: win.
-UL: Win. Sorry, but stoops has shown that he gets the team up for this game, it's at home, and the end of year date has been good for UK.
-Vandy: win. Dumpster fire there.
-USC: Win. I think these guys are going downhill, Frank Jr. could be in trouble next year.

That's 6 wins. The other 6 games are TOUGH:

-GA: LOSS. No reason to think that things change enough to win.
-@UT: LOSS. I don't think they're great, but we can't beat them.
-@Miss: LOSS. We can win this game, but Tiffin seems to pull these out.
-@UF: WIN. I see nothing out of the Billy Napier gators to suggest that we can't continue winning this game. Hopefully it's early in the year and we get the win in the swamp.
-Aub: WIN. I think this will be a TOUGH game, as Freeze is a good coach. This will be one of those magical home games that will swing the season one way or the other.
-@Tex: LOSS. I think we will play them tough. A lot depends on where the game is placed on the schedule (i.e. if we get the good luck of playing them after a stiff but the week after they play Alabama or Georgia or the like, we have a good shot).

I feel good about 6 wins, but every game after that will be a war. I only see one unwinnable game on the schedule, and the UT game in Knoxville feels unwindable given how poorly we play there. But, it will be an exciting year.

6-6

We're not beating UT, Auburn, GA, TX, Ole Miss... and we'll drop one of FL or Louisvile... Thank goodness for our MAC schedule!

7-5, but we’ll screw up a game we’re supposed to win like always. That gives us 6-6

This is a touuuuugh schedule. 8-4 would honestly be a great season. I bet Vegas has the O/U at 6.5 wins with the under slightly favored.

Feels like 4 gimmes (3 cupcakes and Vandy), 3 additional games where we’ll be slight favorites (UL/USC/Auburn), 3 games <10 point underdogs (UT, Fla, Ole miss), 2 games we’re big underdogs (UGA, Texas).

Beating UL, USC, Auburn, and Florida would be a fantastic season

Reactions: WildcatofNati2
As I said it’s way early, but this is a tough schedule.

2024 Kentucky Football Schedule

SATURDAY, AUG 31
Southern Miss. WIN

SATURDAY, SEP 21
Ohio. WIN

SATURDAY, NOV 16
Murray State. WIN

SATURDAY, NOV 30
Louisville ?

DATE TBA
at Florida. ?

DATE TBA
Auburn. ?

DATE TBA
Georgia ?

DATE TBA
South Carolina ?

DATE TBA
Vanderbilt. WIN

DATE ТВА
at Ole Miss ?

DATE TBA
at Tennessee ?

DATE TBA
at Texas ?

This is where the nags, like last year (when they did say "we won't get 6 wins this year," and then are pissed when we "only got 7"), will say we can't win 5 and will bich like a sausage dog that gets underfoot when we win 8. Same sht different season.

7 is our ceiling. 6 most likely with 5 being another possibility but if we stumble a bit suck as a lost to UL or South Carolina.

Reactions: KyCatFan
6 and 6 or 7 and 5.

That will be the norm going forward with NIL and especially if it goes to 9 sec games.

So much depends on NIL for UK and its opponents. If I assume the last five years for UK and its opponents stays the same then I could see 8-4 with the wins being:

Southern Miss., Ohio, Murray St, UofL, Florida, Auburn, South Carolina, and Vandy.

But that's all on paper and subject to way too many variables. Auburn and UofL could both be even better but I think South Carolina will be worse.

Reactions: Girthang
If we have a good, seasoned QB ready to play to wind down spring football, I think 6 or 7 wins is our floor. Our ceiling is going to depend on transfers in and out, as well as our coaching hires and retention. I don't think any game on the schedule is a guaranteed loss as of now (none are guaranteed wins either, of course, or they wouldnt even play the games). It all depends on things yet to be decided.

Last edited:
Hopefully none of the 6 should win games come directly after a bye and/or one of the top ten opponents as it will go from a should win to will lose.

This is a touuuuugh schedule. 8-4 would honestly be a great season. I bet Vegas has the O/U at 6.5 wins with the under slightly favored.

Feels like 4 gimmes (3 cupcakes and Vandy), 3 additional games where we’ll be slight favorites (UL/USC/Auburn), 3 games <10 point underdogs (UT, Fla, Ole miss), 2 games we’re big underdogs (UGA, Texas).

Beating UL, USC, Auburn, and Florida would be a fantastic season

I think we'd begin the season as favorites against UL, but the same thing always happen - we slog through an SEC meat grinder and they rack up wins against a bunch of girls' teams and they end up being favored and their fanbase gets overconfident only to have us beat them again.

I'd say 5 to 7 wins. No more no less. That's if we at least get another Leary level of QB performance to go with our less than stellar WR performances. If we strike out on getting a good QB in the portal it is going to be rough.

Reactions: ky-usc2020
6 and 6 or 7 and 5.

That will be the norm going forward with NIL and especially if it goes to 9 sec games.
Can't wait to see some strong teams play at Commonwealth and looking forward to the new away games we can go to. It's obvious Kentucky has to improve its recruiting efforts to keep up with the competition. I'm not fixated on a 10-win seasons to enjoy Kentucky football, but I do want us to be competitive in every game we play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT