ADVERTISEMENT

Watching VJ Edgecombe rn and WOW!!!!

Dumb And Dumber GIF

He recently said he we was leaning more towards one school now. Did any more come out of that? Is it assumed to be UK? Or is it Duke?

Reactions: Fox2monk
He recently said he we was leaning more towards one school now. Did any more come out of that? Is it assumed to be UK? Or is it Duke?
I don’t know if that particular interview but word has been that he was at least a puke lean. In the last 1-2 weeks it’s been said that we’ve gained a ton of ground and may have even moved to the front of the pack! I sure hope so!

We lose to Duke for top 10 kids about 70 to 80% of the time. It would be nice to beat Scheyer for a kid he really wants.
This staff isn't Justus/Barbee and our recruiting is starting to look like the first half of Cal's run of dominance. From what I gather it generally takes a couple of years to build those relationships.

Meanwhile Duke is finding out what post-K life is like.

I wouldn't count us out. Cal is still Cal as far as recruiting is concerned.

Duke has already signed 2 shooting guards for 2024 Kon Knueppel and Darren Harris and a SF Isaiah Evans. UK may lose every guard (possibly keep Sheppard) with only Fland and Perry currently signed and SF Richmond who would likely wouldn't play in front of Edgecombe. He starts and plays either place but is definitely a bigger need at UK. May surprise everyone and pick neither.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t know if that particular interview but word has been that he was at least a puke lean. In the last 1-2 weeks it’s been said that we’ve gained a ton of ground and may have even moved to the front of the pack! I sure hope so!
That sounds like the patented Duke move of having such recruits signal interest for UK in order to create the drama before committing to Duke. Maybe this time will be different. Guess we’ll see.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
I just have this feeling with how we have played this year, the recruiting momentum we have, and how we have went after him lately that we may just nab him.
Which would be huge, because Duke usually beats us for the elite top 5ish kids.

I think I feel good about Edgecombe. He took his visit to UK after his visit to Duke. He mentioned how he's basically a big fan of Duke, but also noted how many players they may have at his position. Then he said he loves what UK is doing with their guards and how Cal pushes pace and prioritizes defense. He said he wants that from a system.

Factor in that UK could sell him on being the top perimeter option, whereas Duke will likely return a few guards and also bring in Isaiah Evans, and I think we could nab this guy.

That sounds like the patented Duke move of having such recruits signal interest for UK in order to create the drama before committing to Duke. Maybe this time will be different. Guess we’ll see.
These guys are all friends, so I wouldn't read too much into it. The patented Duke move is to have the kid start following all of UK's players on social platforms the day or two before the commitment.

Richmond and Edgecombe seem very similar in body type. I'm sure there's a 3rd 6'5" player around so we could claim a second coming of The Triplets from Arkansas. Ron Brewer, Sidney Moncrief, and Marvin Delph. They provided some of the most exciting basketball of that era.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I watched that City of Palms clip on Youtube. Edgecombe would start for us against Illinois State. It was great seeing him in a game setting because most highlight clips omit stuff like passing. And the kid is a great passer.

The school that must not be named already has two kids coming in who are great players, but their demeanor on court reminds me of the Rich Frat Brothers from Animal House. They're perfect for the school they've chosen, but Edgecombe doesn't immediately appear to be that way.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT