ADVERTISEMENT

Watching Memphis versus Dominican Republic.

Will this be the year he's demoted back to Ol" Pocket Lint?

I mean, his seat at Memphis has to be somewhat warm right?
I used to live in Memphis, strange place, Penny will never get fired there, he is a hero for many,honetown boy from the ghetto made good , he would have to do something awful to get fired.

Reactions: YardCat
I used to live in Memphis, strange place, Penny will never get fired there, he is a hero for many,honetown boy from the ghetto made good , he would have to do something awful to get fired.
Plus he is only making a million dollars a year, would cost so much for a good coach

I don’t know if Penny is going to turn out to be a good coach or not.

But Memphis got a damn sure improvement over Tubby.

And get to pay him less than they paid the turd.

The jury is still out on Pennys coaching but he can flat out recruit. He has TrickyRicky on staff now who can do both.

I couldn't imagine and feel sorry for anyone who lives in that town. Even Penny. It is the armpit of the US as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I couldn't imagine and feel sorry for anyone who lives in that town. Even Penny. It is the armpit of the US as far as I am concerned.
Most of California is the armpit of the USA, along with Chicago, NYC, Baltimore, but yeah Memphis and Detroit are up there too. The crazy things I’ve seen in California recently are disturbing.

Reactions: Deli owl
How isn't he? I guess if you glorify backstabbing snakes, serial cheaters, throwing objects on the court with all of the players still out there when his team loses, he's a class act. Even led a player revolt to get his coach Brian Hill fired in Orlando back in the 90s that funny enough Orlando re-hired Hill 8 years later.

Last edited:
How isn't he? I guess if you glorify backstabbing snakes, serial cheaters, throwing objects on the court with all of the players still out there when his team loses, he's a class act. Even led a player revolt to get his coach Brian Hill fired in Orlando back in the 90s that funny enough Orlando re-hired Hill 8 years later.
POS human is over the top.
Everything you described is just basketball stuff that lots of players/coaches go through.
I don't think he screws over the kids and I think he has genuinely tried to give back to the Memphis community he grew up in.
He never had to step foot in Memphis again after he retired.
Never heard of him beating the hell out of a wife/girlfriend.
Hasn't got drunk and ran over someone.
Never heard of him having a drug problem.
Tantrums on the court doesn't necessarily make him a bad human being and cheating by skirting NCAA rules doesn't make you Bernie Madoff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pcpcat1997
POS human is over the top.
Everything you described is just basketball stuff that lots of players/coaches go through.
I don't think he screws over the kids and I think he has genuinely tried to give back to the Memphis community he grew up in.
He never had to step foot in Memphis again after he retired.
Never heard of him beating the hell out of a wife/girlfriend.
Hasn't got drunk and ran over someone.
Never heard of him having a drug problem.
Tantrums on the court doesn't necessarily make him a bad human being and cheating by skirting NCAA rules doesn't make you Bernie Madoff.
Does he deserve a gold medal or something for not breaking the law? Is that the bar these days? You can name many coaches in the game who are a POS but never broke the law who are serial cheaters in the game and snakes. What you are describing are still character issues, it's not 'basketball stuff' because you are disgruntled and lead a team wide revolt to get your coach fired which to his credit admits he should have never done years after the fact though. Can't imagine that would go over well if one if his own did that to him. There is zero reason to excuse getting caught cheating multiple times, especially in today's world with it nearly being a free for all he still somehow manages to get himself suspended. His tantrums on the court haven't just stopped there, profanity laced tirades in the media which yeah happen but it shows not just a one off for him. As a leader of young men, even Stephen A Smith says those are things he can't be doing and needs to lead by example.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT