ADVERTISEMENT

Watch today's game vs Liberty...

Nice park. Both teams have nice unis.

Reks single up the middle - aggressive on 0-1 offspeed. Immediately bunted over.

Reks takes 3rd while Pompey Ks looking...almost looked like Pompey took bc Reks had a great jump - no can do w/2 strikes lol...cant make me believe he got fooled on 3rd straight breaking ball (and only 80mph) can easily adjust off 87 mph fastball to 80 breaker,

Cottam picks up the slack and singles on a 1-2 curve.

Liberty's P doesn't seem to have + stuff. He will have to really "pitch" to get past 5 innings...seems like the type of guy to pitch backwards and double/triple up on pitches...his only chance is to outsmart hitters IMO.

Cats get around a Becker misplay - Thompson didn't have a bad miss in the 1st.

Heady is going to have to figure something out at the plate.

Thompson left two pitches up, hit and a bomb.

Nice two out hitting there by Carson to score a run on a double. Beautiful swing.

Cats are hitting this guy pretty good, only two runs to show so far...and just like that, they head to the pen.

The umpires zone is huge - Cats pitching staff shouldn't be anywhere near the heart of the plate.

Pompey with a double to RC, comes home on Carsons' rbi double. Liberty makes a pitching change as Cats starting to rip hits.

I was watching on WatchEspn earlier but my internet is pretty bad. But from what I saw in the first, Thompson looked pretty good. Was throwing mostly fastballs but keeping it low in the zone. Didn't see the home run he allowed.

I was watching on WatchEspn earlier but my internet is pretty bad. But from what I saw in the first, Thompson looked pretty good. Was throwing mostly fastballs but keeping it low in the zone. Didn't see the home run he allowed.
Elevated.

After the dinger, he threw about 4 mph harder and at the knees...

New Liberty pitcher having trouble with his control. UK needs to be patient.

Big difference in UK this year on the bases. Not sure you'd see too many double steals out of Henderson, but they seem to enjoy doing it under Ming.

Not a good look there - from 2-0 count w/runners at 2nd/3rd to k up on a silly ass check swing on possible called strike anyways..

Becker continues to struggle with another strikeout. Both the second and third strikes, especially the second, were fairly meat breaking balls.

Thompson has gone through the lineup without showing them much more than a fastball. Good sign for him and length in this game.

Great pitching once again by Thompson. This kid looks to have some pretty decent stuff, and looks like he knows how to get outs. He'll learn to minimize those mistakes he made.

Make that three strikeouts in a row to end the 4th after giving up a leadoff double.

Hahaha Mahan is feast or famine... two hits on the season and both are home runs. This one to give UK a 3-2 lead in the 5th.

Thompson is pretty good now and is going to be really good. If he can get that velocity up consistently to 94ish, he will be trouble.

Carson has been a nice surprise so far this season. Hitting .385 so far this season.

Then the little guy steals another base. Not sure how many he has on the season, but that is two in the game alone. I believe I said that I wanted the base running to improve. Carson is showing me what it can be.

He then advanced on a passed ball/wild pitch to get to third. Great base running Carson!

Then the little guy steals another base. Not sure how many he has on the season, but that is two in the game alone. I believe I said that I wanted the base running to improve. Carson is showing me what it can be.
That's his third this year. Think he's been caught once but need to check.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT