ADVERTISEMENT

Was this intentionally done by Cal?

May 5, 2015
Could the lack of activity be purposely orchestrated?

What if Cal elected to wait in order to target those players who've chosen to withdraw from the draft process @ the deadline?

KY will have roster spots and opportunities available other programs can't offer. Maybe this will give UK a decisive advantage targeting the last returning portal players.

Thoughts???

What if Cal elected to wait in order to target those players who've chosen to withdraw from the draft process @ the deadline?
The deadline for entering the transfer portal has passed. So he can’t target them unless they’ve already entered the portal or already have their degrees.

That doesn’t leave many potential “withdraw” options that I’m aware of.

No. That's giving Cal too much credit. I may have believed it a few years ago, but not now. I think the portal situation was probably a series of bad luck. I'm guessing Cal felt pretty strongly on a couple guys staying and/or a couple transfers he was almost sure he'd get. I think life kinda kicked him in the junk and a few things didn't work out. Don't trust young men who have spent the last few years dreaming about nothing else but all the toys they are about to buy. All about the benjamins, baby.

KY will have roster spots and opportunities available other programs can't offer. Maybe this will give UK a decisive advantage targeting the last returning portal players.

Thoughts???
That would be an extremely boneheaded move by cal.

Yes, what he did was intentional but nothing like you're suggesting. The man is on an all-out assault on the fans and what he perceives as injustices by the fans, the university, the media and the NBA. He is DARING the University of Kentucky to fire him. That's why he made the "still have six years" comment or something like that. Cal KNOWS he isn't liked, and he KNOWS they don't have the funds to fire him with $40 million left. And he has no interest in setting up the next coach for success, else he'd treat his own assistants better. If he flames out yet again and they do pull the plug, he'll smugly pack up and then hit Twitter with every other post mocking the college game and basketball bennies.

Last edited:
Yes, what he did was intentional but nothing like you're suggesting. The man is on an all-out assault on the fans and what he perceives as injustices by the fans, the university, the media and the NBA. He is DARING the University of Kentucky to fire him. That's why he made the "still have six years" comment or something like that. Cal KNOWS he isn't liked, and he KNOWS they don't have the funds to fire him with $40 million left. And he has no interest in setting up the next coach for success, else he'd treat his own assistants better. If he flames out yet again and they do pull the plug, he'll smugly pack up and then hit Twitter with every other post mocking the college game and basketball bennies.
It’s aliens I tell you. Body snatchers.

Thoughts???
No, and tell me who is actually left out there that is all that great. I think most of the good ones are gone.

I wish there was an eye roll emoji on the Like button. This post is ridiculous.

I think Calipari is only pursuing difference-makers. There is no reason to just add bodies. There is time left for grad transfers and portal guys trying to get to the NBA. He pursued Dickinson and Johnson. I'm patient enough to wait and see how it shakes out. So, of course he is doing it on purpose...right or wrong. Plus, there's a possibility Oscar, Antonio and Chris decide to drop the NBA and come back to school.

I wish there was an eye roll emoji on the Like button. This post is ridiculous.

I think Calipari is only pursuing difference-makers. There is no reason to just add bodies. There is time left for grad transfers and portal guys trying to get to the NBA. He pursued Dickinson and Johnson. I'm patient enough to wait and see how it shakes out. So, of course he is doing it on purpose...right or wrong. Plus, there's a possibility Oscar, Antonio and Chris decide to drop the NBA and come back to school.
Interesting theory. Thinking about it you just might be on it Hope so

The only thing I could Cal doing on purpose is leaking that all these guys want out. If Oscar, Reeves, and Livingston all return then I do believe Cal leaked the info they wanted out just so he could get credit for recruiting them to stay. I would also extend that conspiracy theory to the earlier Bradshaw rumors where he ended up flying out to Klutch’s people to save the day, or so we were led to believe.

I do admit I have general mistrust for anyone in political or financial power. Historically these people haven’t had good intentions nor have they been honest.

I wouldn't say intentionally. Cal would surely have liked to have gotten firm answers from the draft hopefuls earlier than, well, last minute. But I think he was less worried about missing out on all his targets because he knew there would he withdrawals and grad xfers to gap fill if we had more departures than expected. I'm still in the camp of wait until the roster finishes taking shape before panicking.

Reactions: UKrazycat2

Thoughts???
No, his stubbornness cost Kentucky good players now they are in panic and scramble mode

Thoughts???
Comedy Central Reaction GIF by Workaholics

Any way Cal can F with the fans he's gonna. Maybe he has a plan and everything will be ok. He did tell us as fans we better be careful. No one might not want to vone here. This could be his eay of teaching us a lesson.

• Angry
Reactions: cathouse

Thoughts???
Yep. 4D Chess...... 🤣

Reactions: CATFANINFLORIDA
I still think he can be made to WANT to leave.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT