ADVERTISEMENT

Was just told Somto Cyril to UK.

Hard to know much about the OTE guys, let's be honest. Could be highly a highly underrated pairing in Burks and Cyril. Or, they could be projects. Here's a WILD idea: let's just wait and see how things go.

Whoaaa you're talking crazy now. Let's be rational here

• Haha
Reactions: flash123
Agree.
He will backup Onyenso. But we do need a backup there. And he has a quality that we need (physicality).
At the very least.

He could end up splitting time pretty evenly with Onyenso. I don’t see Onyenso as a 30 minute a game player at this point.

And Cyril, because of his physicality, could end up the starter and log more minutes than Onyenso.

But a solid backup to Onyenso is probably my best conservative guess, but I really do think they will split minutes pretty evenly this season.

Reactions: docholiday51
At the very least.

He could end up splitting time pretty evenly with Onyenso. I don’t see Onyenso as a 30 minute a game player at this point.

And Cyril, because of his physicality, could end up the starter and log more minutes than Onyenso.

But a solid backup to Onyenso is probably my best conservative guess, but I really do think they will split minutes pretty evenly this season.
Based on what we read and what we saw last year ,at the very least they will split time. Cyril is the likely starter by late Dec or January

I wonder if Thiero has outgrown being a guard? He was on the north side of 200 last year, I can see him being 6'8" 225 by the start of the season. He could take a bigger leap than Onyenso this season.

He is exactly what we need, a serviceable big man.

Right now, we have three guys on the roster over 6’8 and one of them is rumored to be injured already.

Cyril is the big, physical player we need inside.

He won’t be a superstar, but he will be an important piece for our team.
And combined they barely weigh as much as Somto.

• Haha
Reactions: bucsrule8872
Somto Cyril, the No. 45 overall prospect in the 2024 class.
So far my pointing out one interesting fact continues to be ignored. Why is everyone acting like this is the second coming when he is ranked 45? Not top 10, not top 20. I am not trying to burst anyone's bubble or saying I don't want him at Kentucky. But, where are all these expectations about him for this season, with our fans, based upon?
If you had seen him play you would know that he got the left overs from all the guards and firwards that wouldn't play team ball. He's a monster under the basket on defense, swating balls anywhere near the basket. He's young but has tons of talent that we need. My prediction is he will be a star

Based on what we read and what we saw last year ,at the very least they will split time. Cyril is the likely starter by late Dec or January

I wonder if Thiero has outgrown being a guard? He was on the north side of 200 last year, I can see him being 6'8" 225 by the start of the season. He could take a bigger leap than Onyenso this season.
Unless we add a good PF/4, Theiro will be our backup PF.
Even before his recent muscle gains, he looked to be our most physical player for next year.

Unless we add a good PF/4, Theiro will be our backup PF.
Even before his recent muscle gains, he looked to be our most physical player for next year.
We will probably add Cyril and be done with the frontcourt.

PF Bradshaw/Thiero/Burks
C Onyenso/Cyril

Thiero starts at PF, if Bradshaw is (as rumor has it) out.

Still too thin inside. One more injury to a big and Canada logs important minutes at PF. That’s a scary thought.

He went to Kansas... How is that on cal?

Who's it on then? The boosters? NIL?

Kids sometimes just don't pick a school. I get that. Most of us do. But from what we know the main reason was he didn't know if Oscar was coming back so he didn't commit.

My opinion is they should of just let Oscar roll out leaving a sure spot for another big man. His heart has been set on the NBA.. not a return. He's guaranteed no$$$

It sure would be nice to land him.
Hope the staff can reel him in.

n6692dP.jpg

Kids sometimes just don't pick a school. I get that. Most of us do. But from what we know the main reason was he didn't know if Oscar was coming back so he didn't commit.

My opinion is they should of just let Oscar roll out leaving a sure spot for another big man. His heart has been set on the NBA.. not a return. He's guaranteed no$$$
He went because he wanted to and got paid money. Simple

I think Oscar decided he wasn't hanging around after Cal trashed him for calling him out for yelling too much at his players. Cal left him on an island when he could clearly see that Oscar couldn't guard his man without help. He made sure that Oscar remembered who was in charge.

Ugo can shoot, and make, free throws and hit an outside shot. Shamto can't do either. Sham has good hands and will not fumble a lob and he also has good feet from his soccer days. He will be effective down low on both ends of the Court. I would not expect much more than five points per game on average. He'll get better as the season rolls on. And another thing you don't want sham dribbling the ball and for that matter Ugo is better with the handle but you still don't want him handling it

Last edited:
Ugo can shoot, and make, free throws and hit an outside shot. Shamto can't do either. Sham has good hands and will not fumble a lob and he also has good feet from his soccer days. He will be effective down low on both ends of the Court. I would not expect much more than five points per game on average. He'll get better as the season rolls on. And another thing you don't want sham dribbling the ball and for that matter Ugo is better with the handle but you still don't want him handling it
We need Cyril to pound on D and to rebound. Maybe bradshaw can be a real offensive threat but that’s the extent of it. I don’t expect ugo to be an offensive world beater

My dude failed to tell me he wasn't playing this year.. lol.. I still think it's a good chance he plays this year once August wraps up.

My dude failed to tell me he wasn't playing this year.. lol.. I still think it's a good chance he plays this year once August wraps up.
Hey, great info regardless. Well done sir. I'm with you, still think they hope he can reclass for this year.

I'd say there is a 90 percent chance one of two things happens before September:

1. Cyril ends up playing in 22-23
2. Cal adds someone between now and late August, as he did in 2016 with Isaac Humphries. It may be someone not on the radar as of yet, as Humphries was not.
Hope you are right. 🤞🤞

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
I'd say there is a 90 percent chance one of two things happens before September:

2. Cal adds someone between now and late August, as he did in 2016 with Isaac Humphries. It may be someone not on the radar as of yet, as Humphries was not.
22-23?

Yeah, there is a lot of smoke about adding another big. If we are really getting this Oregon assistant it could be Dante.

Reactions: track42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT