ADVERTISEMENT

Was Cal pleading for his job tonight?

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
I just got that feeling, from what he was saying. Let’s be honest we know a lot of people do not know about what Mitch is going to do. Maybe a slim chance is there could still be a scenario where Cal is still let go. I still think it’s up to Mitch to decide and I don’t think anyone knows what will happen.

Yes. No question. The no callers was for him to speak 1:1 with Mitch and the talk about banners. He's trying to coax Mitch and company. Calipari Is a salesman first.

Reactions: LXWildcat
I didn’t think he was pleading at all, I felt we listened to a man that was completely in control because he knew he was because of the Contract, Mitch gave him.
Just the way he kept saying “I want to be here” “we can still do those things” and more. Just came off as he’s trying to plead to everyone

Yes. No question. The no callers was for him to speak 1:1 with Mitch and the talk about banners. He's trying to coax Mitch and company. Calipari Is a salesman first.
I think you’re right and that’s why he went ahead and did the show before speaking with Mitch. He’s trying to sell this plan he has to everyone and I’m just not buying it

Reactions: RunninRichie
No listen to the way he was feeling himself tonight. He knows he is back and he can do whatever he wants and Mitch won’t do a damn thing about it

Cal's remarks give off a strong impression that he has no intentions of stepping down. He appears to be deeply invested in the program's success and in fostering a positive environment for his players. It sounds like if there were to be a change, it would come down to Mitch making a tough call. But from the way Cal speaks, it’s evident that he’s not bowing out quietly; if a shift is on the horizon, it would have to be initiated by Mitch's decision, not Cal's resignation.

I noticed he took no shot at the fans tonight. He's talked to someone.

Others have mentioned they thought he was pleading as well. I think that’s more the case of people holding out hope that Mitch will fire him than actually what was communicated tonight.

Reactions: LXWildcat
There is no plan. Cal's went full retard and you never go full retard.
I mean if he did this without even speaking to Mitch, it just goes to show that there is no relationship there. Idk, but just because Cal says something doesn’t mean anything. Something needs to happen, either construct a new contract or do something. You have to make him feel the pressure, Mitch cannot allow him just to get off clean from his.

I mean if he did this without even speaking to Mitch, it just goes to show that there is no relationship there. Idk, but just because Cal says something doesn’t mean anything. Something needs to happen, either construct a new contract or do something. You have to make him feel the pressure, Mitch cannot allow him just to get off clean from his.

Wouldn't surprise me if they haven't talked. They supposedly despise each other.

If cal returns I'll just repeat what I said before last season. He will never win the SEC, SEC tourney, make a final four or win a national title ever again at UK.

All the geniuses on here bashed me last October or November when I said that. Maybe now they will see what I see. Cal is done.

John Calipari is a narcissist. He didn’t meet with Mitch today, but decided he meet with him tomorrow. It worked out great for him and he was in complete narcissistic control by doing his show and presenting everything that he did. He’s in control he’s put everybody on the defensive in his mind he’s good. He has totally box in Mitch and it will be interesting to see if Mitch has the courage to pull the trigger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT