ADVERTISEMENT

Walking app

Dec 10, 2023
Bob's Country Bunker
What is a good and free walking app that would track miles walked? I have an Iphone. I have the Iphone healh app but don't see where it would do that. I am probably not understanding it but I'm looking for something that's easy to use where I can just hit start at the beginning of the walk and stop and the end and get miles walkied. Calories would be a bonus. TIA

I use the under armour “track my walk” app. I like it a lot and it appears to be quite accurate. There are monthly challenges to keep you motivated and if you wish you can upgrade the package for a detailed plan. It’s how I went from walking to running 5ks.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
If your thing is about being "free" then idk what you're going to get ..

I would maybe get an iWatch, older generation to save money, and use that to track steps. I think the smart watches are a game changer for fitness and productivity.

Reactions: bbonds
If your thing is about being "free" then idk what you're going to get ..

I would maybe get an iWatch, older generation to save money, and use that to track steps. I think the smart watches are a game changer for fitness and productivity.

I would only use it every so often, so it just doesn't make sense to pay for it. But the pay one from Under Armour is a possibility if I can't find anything else. The Strava one as well.

I would only use it every so often, so it just doesn't make sense to pay for it. But the pay one from Under Armour is a possibility if I can't find anything else. The Strava one as well.

You'd be surprised. I almost can't live without it. Tracking all my health stats, getting text messages and emails on my wrist. I will say that this watch has probably saved my ass at work at least a dozen times. When someone needs me, I see it immediately.

You'd be surprised. I almost can't live without it. Tracking all my health stats, getting text messages and emails on my wrist. I will say that this watch has probably saved my ass at work at least a dozen times. When someone needs me, I see it immediately.

I have heard great things about them. I guess I'm a bit diffrent though as I like to get away from emails and calls as much as possible, especially when I'm exercising.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
What is a good and free walking app that would track miles walked? I have an Iphone. I have the Iphone healh app but don't see where it would do that. I am probably not understanding it but I'm looking for something that's easy to use where I can just hit start at the beginning of the walk and stop and the end and get miles walkied. Calories would be a bonus. TIA
Asics Runkeeper has everything you want. It is free and great.

Unless you are wanting exact totals, just measure the length of your step. Time yourself over a measured distance. Then if your walk lasts X minutes, do the math for miles walked and steps. Cheap as you can get. Before Maddie (my boxer dog) died, we used to walk an hour to two hours daily. She loved it and it was good exercise for both of us.

Sometimes she would pick up her leash, walk to the door and turn and look at me as if to say, "Time to go!".

Last edited:
The UA app is free to use. You only pay to upgrade if you want more detailed plans. It tracks miles, calories, steps, time all free

Unless you are wanting exact totals, just measure the length of your step. Time yourself over a measured distance. Then if your walk lasts X minutes, do the math for miles walked and steps. Cheap as you can get. Before Maddie (my boxer dog) died, we used to walk an hour to two hours daily. She loved it and it was good exercise for both of us.

Sometimes she would pick up her leash, walk to the door and turn and look at me as if to say, "Time to go!".

I'm on that as soon as I finish running tin cans and string from my house to every single place I might ever call. Could take a while !

I'll look again. Everything I saw said either you subscribe or you don't and only the first month of free. Maybe your grandfathered in. I'll look again, though.
It's free for anyone. We did a staff movement challenge at my job this past summer and everyone got on it for free. Very simple to use. I've been using it free for about 5 or 6 years.

Run Tracker...tracks your time/distance, keeps a history, lets you know how far you've walked/run at every half mile (i believe), and shows a gps map of your walk after you stop.

I think you can upgrade to the 'full' version, but all that i mentioned comes with the free version.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT