ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner to attend BBM (not visiting UL)

I may be wrong, but it seemed like a few here told anyone that held out hope that we'd land Wagner that they were "idiots" and that "Calipari sukked".
I’ve kept up with the Wagner recruitment and long maintained that the people around basketball in NJ have always thought it was UK. I have also never really seen any posters say anything like you are claiming.

Serious question....Do you really expect Oscar to be back another year?
Graf has said there’s actually a pretty good chance he comes back another year. Making pro money at UK, stock won’t ever be good enough for a high NBA draft pick, making as much money now than he probably would overseas. He absolutely loves it at UK. Why rush it.

Hard to fathom. I get it. But that’s the word.

Graf has said there’s actually a pretty good chance he comes back another year. Making pro money at UK, stock won’t ever be good enough for a high NBA draft pick, making as much money now than he probably would overseas. He absolutely loves it at UK. Why rush it.

Hard to fathom. I get it. But that’s the word.
That would really be something if he came back next year !

Dillingham
Wagner
Sheppard
Edwards
Bradshaw

That would be one of the best classes ever.

Hopefully, we get Thiero, Fredrick, Reeves, Ware, and Onyenso back to give us some experience.

That would be a pretty good mix of young, superstar talent and experience. Should be a decent shooting team as well.
These are the one most likely the ones that will return.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul

Dillingham/Sheppard
Wagner/Frederick
Edwards/Reeves
Bradshaw
Oscar/Ugonna/Ware

I think Collins shows enough to go to the NBA. Oscar could actually come out better coming back with NIL. Maybe Oscar could slide over to the 4 if Bradshaw is out, with Ugonna at the 5. Sure would love to see Ian Jackson on that squad too.
if we add IAN Jackson to that class it will be the new Fab 5. We better get the Slam cover ready because that would be the official return of Cal imo.

As good as he is I just wonder if he's willing to come to UK with a crowded backcourt and Edwards getting about all of the minutes at SF
I think in that case it will be a Dilly/Jackson/Edwards backcourt and DJ Will be the best sixth man in the country playing a supped up Davion Mintz role.

A FF trip this year and a roster that says we are loaded next season would give Cal a much needed resurgence that he needs to make another run. Go Cats!!

We need to win the title this year. This team checks ALL of the boxes, moreso than even a loaded Freshman class next year. JMHO.

Cal needs to get it done...not for me or you, but for his legacy.

He is too damn good to be a one title coach.

Last edited:
Louisvilles message board is blaming Wagner dad for him maybe coming to Kentucky and saying the rest of the family want uofl, and Kenny Payne and uofl don’t want to promise NIL, then another poster blamed WWW,
Hold on, hold on here. So he think that WWW who worked with Payne as well at UK, and then hired him to the Knicks, just screwed him over on this deal. You can’t make that stuff up.

Hold on, hold on here. So he think that WWW who worked with Payne as well at UK, and then hired him to the Knicks, just screwed him over on this deal. You can’t make that stuff up.
Also thought Payne and Louisville didn’t want to use NIL, when they are literally giving football recruits huge deals and that’s the only reason they are getting them

DJ is no one's sixth man. Calipari has been recruiting him since DJ was an ultrasound picture.
Just saying on that team he’s arguably the backcourt piece that is out. I think Dilly is a better college PG and DJ is more of a combo scorer but isn’t quite at Jackson’s level. He could start all 3 and move Edwards to a small ball 4.

Serious question....Do you really expect Oscar to be back another year?

I don't think anyone expects it. What I will say is none of us know how much money Oscar is making in NIL. If he has another standout year and still has zero draft stock why is it outside of the realm of possibility for him to return?

What if Oscar is making $3M in NIL this year he may make $5M next year? If he has no guarantees in NBA this may exceed his earning potential.

Don't think either side is wrong...all I would say is if you win NPOY and don't have NBA potential but have an avenue to collect money to do what you do at college level, why not?

Last edited:
I would say Reeves is almost sure to return. Hopefully one of Livingston/Collins return as well. I really like Livingston’s skill set and he’s mature as a freshman. Love how he seems to let the game come to him and doesn’t force things. Also, he shoots much better than I thought he would.
I’m not counting on getting Livingston or Collins back. Better chance we get Collins back, IMHO. He still needs to work on his body. Livingston is built for the pros. He’s gone, IMHO.

I think our best/realistic scenario is:

Starters

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Onyenso

Bench

G Sheppard
G Fredrick
G Reeves
G Thiero
F Ware

I would like to see Cal add a transfer PF as well.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Entire situation with Louisville is hilarious. When asked why would you hire Kenny, Louisville fans and their media couldn't go a couple sentences without mentioning that he'd swoop in and get Wagner and it'd be the perfect splash to show the recruiting and basketball worlds that they're back.

Realistically, at some point they'll start to reel in the occasional top 20 player and mix in some four stars, but they all believed their recruiting would instantly turn into what we've brought in the last decade plus.

Reactions: Rockford

Starters

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Onyenso

Bench

G Sheppard
G Fredrick
G Reeves
G Thiero
F Ware

Best possible scenario includes Oscar and then you need no one else. Would be surprised if Ware isn't the starter next year IF Oscar and Collins are gone. Ware will be longest tenured guy under Cal and has really developed his body. He is the project of all projects.

I was really presently surprised with him in Bahamas vs what I saw from summer practice.

If reeves comes back, it will be hard to sit him. I like this team….
G Wagner
G Reeves
G Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Onyenso
I think this years team is better than the above, but, I'd take this years team over any team in the country. And I most def think the team above is top ten. (I really think this year's team is top 3 or better)

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Louisvilles message board is blaming Wagner dad for him maybe coming to Kentucky and saying the rest of the family want uofl, and Kenny Payne and uofl don’t want to promise NIL, then another poster blamed WWW,
Has to be frustrating for the UL faithful. If they can't get the kids to visit, then how can they smother them with hookers?

I’m not counting on getting Livingston or Collins back. Better chance we get Collins back, IMHO. He still needs to work on his body. Livingston is built for the pros. He’s gone, IMHO.
Yeah people need to not unreasonably get their hopes up. Livingston is almost certainly one and done.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan

Starters

G Dillingham
G Wagner
G Edwards
F Bradshaw
F Onyenso

Bench

G Sheppard
G Fredrick
G Reeves
G Thiero
F Ware

I agree get a stretch four, and maybe somebody for reeves I don’t see him coming back

We need to win the title this year. This team checks ALL of the boxes, moreso than even a loaded Freshman class next year. JMHO.

Cal needs to get it done...not for me or you, but for his legacy.

He is too damn good to be a one title coach.
Agreed. If he gets to the FF this year I’m ok with that considering the monsters coming in next year too.

It’s FF or bust this year. But I would like to see a title right here and right now. Because if that happens. We could go back to back for the first time anyones done it since Donovan did it at Florida.

Who is the right people?
if you need to ask..... you don't need to know

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IIRC that was just a quote from a random UL fan threading to expose some shady recruiting b/c they didn't get someone they thought they would

• Haha
L’s down forever and ever amen!

Had to be in Louisville for business today and yesterday. Ended up down by the Yum Center. I did my Wildcat duty and threw it down as I passed by.

Sorry I don’t have a pic. Wasn’t about to drive and do that at the same time.
I moved from Louisville to Denver about 6 years ago. As I was leaving the city, I drove past the Yum and flipped it the bird.

Let's assume Collins makes the jump, but Livingston returns.

C - Bradshaw - Kinglsey - Ware
F - Livingston - Bradshaw
F - Edwards - Reeves - Thiero
G - Wagner - Reeves - Fredrick - Sheppard
G - Dillingham - Wagner - Fredrick

What are your thoughts on that group? Looks like five first round picks to me.

Looks to me like the most loaded team (talent wise) that CBB has seen since 2015 Kentucky.

Livingston's pro potential will be found in whether or not he can handle the ball as a 3. If his handle is shaky, he's not going anywhere after one year.

Another gem from a Louisville fan

3fe097fe-533e-424c-81f2-6b5345c89deb_text.gif

Hopefully they don't get AJ Johnson either. It's down to Texas or UL for him. The meltdown is gonna be epic if they whiff on both of them. Holy Sh! T!

Haha that is so ludicrous, so basically he’s saying that Cal takes care of the entire family or what? Like he has so much control over them that the threat of cutting them off is what made his decision lmfao.
He also isn’t considering that Wagner is already has money and seems to be in a decent situation as is, Louisville fans are just grasping for anything at this point

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT