ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner enters portal

Yes posts were deleted. There were several in this thread trashing him. Assuming a mod came through.
Are people not allowed to post their opinion here? What do you have to write for a Mod to feel the need to remove a post? If it is so egregious, remove the commenter and leave their post so everyone can understand what the expectations are. Removing "offensive" posts does nothing positive.

Look guys.....These last 3 guys said they they were going to meet with Coach Pope. You certain typical negative posters are hurting Mark's chances of getting them to stay. If they are truly open to playing for the name on the front of their jersey, and if Pope is convinced they will, then don't make it harder on him to convince him that we will embrace them... Geez.

Reactions: catben
Seems like a nice kid, but what a letdown of a #1 ranked recruit that was... Him, Edwards and Bradshaw: 3/3, 100% complete busts

So it was all on the players and 0% responsibility on Cal? Never mind that they were often out of position, being shuffled in/out of the game, and the fact they were "freshmen".

Reactions: catben
Look guys.....These last 3 guys said they they were going to meet with Coach Pope. You certain typical negative posters are hurting Mark's chances of getting them to stay. If they are truly open to playing for the name on the front of their jersey, and if Pope is convinced they will, then don't make it harder on him to convince him that we will embrace them... Geez.
If they were seriously considering staying at UK and going to meet with Pope why wouldn’t they do that first before entering the portal?

Reactions: GoBIG BLUE
Only way he could ever start at point is if he becomes a more confident shooter, other than that he handcuffs an offense. Hope him the best but ill be glad hes not our primary handler next year.

No, there's no way Cal would "tamper" by communicating with these players before they had a new coach or were even in the portal officially.....nah, Cal wouldn't do that (yeah right).
He tried to have a meeting at his house with all the players that ended up being cancelled. I'm sure Mitch likely nixed that or told him that only happens if he's invited as well.

Reactions: Jakerz
If they were seriously considering staying at UK and going to meet with Pope why wouldn’t they do that first before entering the portal?
Possibly to give him more bargaining power. Many appear to be doing that. Business is a part of it now as much as we may not like it. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Everything is different now.

Honestly it’d be hilarious if cal didn’t recruit him to Arky lol

Lol!!! Bullshite. You played holier than thou and got caught being a phony.
Ok ok I know you can’t read now. It’s ok princess. You realize you can read the post and see people say the mods deleted things right on page 1 and 2? This is pure gold, thank you for being so dumb.

He tried to have a meeting at his house with all the players that ended up being cancelled. I'm sure Mitch likely nixed that or told him that only happens if he's invited as well.
Yep, but that thing they call "texting" that is essentially not traceable. Or contacting agencies that just happen to manage or have backdoor contacts with those kids. He could always claim he was just reaching out to those agencies to recruit other kids.

I imagine we could offer half of Wagner's NIL package to Oklahoma PG transfer Small and he'd be happy and twice as effective.

He could get to the buckrt at ease making it is a different story kid missed more layups than any player i have ever seen
Totally agree. If I was scouting him I’d have to say below average shooter and goes left off the dribble 90% of the time. Hope he succeeds wherever he goes but outside of Reed and Z, Thiero is the one I’d really like to see come back and I think he’d make a huge mistake following Cal to Arkansas.

If Coach P. Can sell Wagner the system, and Coach wants him, we got the money to get him.

If message boards posts are enough to convince a kid to play ball at another university...

Okay, bye.

Reactions: Fox2monk
So if Cal stayed Wagner would have stayed when originally we thought he was going to be one and done. So figures we would have finally get a top recruit back and we lose Cal.
This is becoming brutal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT