ADVERTISEMENT

Vogel new assistant ???

Was let go fired by the Suns. Pope should have a talk with him and bring him on board as an assistant.
Indigenous People Hawaii GIF by GIPHY News

Reactions: WildcatforLife1965
They should have fired KD’s washed up ass.
He's a scrub. Tainted legacy. Should have stayed in OKC. He would have won a title eventually with all their draft capital. He would be an alltime loved player, and legend in OKC. Like Lebron in Cleveland and MJ in Chicago. But he took the easy way to the warriors. Pitiful. No respect.

That roster sucks, they are paying 3 dudes who don’t fit together max money. That payroll alone is 190 million over the tax threshold. It’s unsustainable. I’d trade Beal and get 2-3 picks or decent players, especially defenders. They can’t sign anyone except minimum level veterans right now. No impact players.

Maybe he can replace Tyler Ulis as grad assistant coach? Does he have his degree?

Whoever built that roster should be fired. They have 3 of virtually the same type player in booker/kd/beal. Booker and kd alone was an odd fit then adding beal was just braindead. Even worse that he's washed.

Whoever built that roster should be fired. They have 3 of virtually the same type player in booker/kd/beal. Booker and kd alone was an odd fit then adding beal was just braindead. Even worse that he's washed.
It was built on the premise that you can’t get enough shooters. They thought they’d overwhelm teams just with their pure scoring prowess. Didn’t work.

They also decided to discard with the notion that you need a point guard …and instead went with a main guard rotation of Booker, Beal, Gordon and Grayson Allen … not a single one having true point skills, all true wings who love to fire up shots. That didn’t work either.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Maybe as a consultant. Look like a mentor instead of an assistant.
Take a year off. Plan next part of your life. Work regulat hours. Maybe you find you like working college.

Dude's been fired by 4 teams in the past 7 years. Surely he's done as an NBA head coach?

UK
LOL. Ain’t no way he’s ever taking a job as a college assistant.

Some of y’all are flat out delusional.
LOL. Ain’t no way he’s ever taking a job as a college assistant.

Some of y’all are flat out delusional.
How does anyone know what Frank Vogel wants. UK is his alma mater. Vogel might be tired of getting fired by NBA teams and might want to coach as an assistant where he won't have all the pressure of being a head coach.

UK is his alma mater.
People here make WAY too much of this. He transferred into UK only because Pitino gave him the chance to serve as a UK manager for a couple seasons …which he thought might open the door to future coaching opportunities.

It ain’t like he has any deep ties to UK. He’s not from the state, he was only here for a short time, and as far as I know, has never been back.

It’s laughably naive to think that’s enough to get a guy in his position to take a college assistant job (especially since he had ZERO college coaching experience at any level).

People here make WAY too much of this. He transferred into UK only because Pitino gave him the chance to serve as a UK manager for a couple seasons …which he thought might open the door to future coaching opportunities.

It ain’t like he has any deep ties to UK. He’s not from the state, he was only here for a short time, and as far as I know, has never been back.

It’s laughably naive to think that’s enough to get a guy in his position to take a college assistant job (especially since he had ZERO college coaching experience at any level).
Do I think that Vogel would come here as an assistant? No, but like I posted. How does any of us know what anyone else wants

Brad Beal is F’ing trash and always has been.

Guy has accomplished absolutely nothing his entire career and has somehow built the reputation that he’s the 2nd coming of Ray Allen.

I would LITERALLY rather have Mikal Bridges on my team who actually defends well over Brad Beal.

Suns didn’t do shit this year because they gave up all their complimentary pieces to bring in a guy that does nothing outside of what Booker and Durant do extremely well already.

Nothing but a dumbass roster move, replacing Vogel with Budenholzer won’t change a thing.

Reactions: Wonky
No coach with a title is ever done. Plus everyone knows he was the scapegoat for the Phoenix Suns shitshow.
I mean, in the last 8 years, he has:

4 Missed playoffs
3 First round losses
1 NBA title in the bubble

It's more than a Phoenix issue imo. I do agree that the NBA recycles coaches more than any other professional sport.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Brad Beal is F’ing trash and always has been.

Guy has accomplished absolutely nothing his entire career and has somehow built the reputation that he’s the 2nd coming of Ray Allen.

I would LITERALLY rather have Mikal Bridges on my team who actually defends well over Brad Beal.

Suns didn’t do shit this year because they gave up all their complimentary pieces to bring in a guy that does nothing outside of what Booker and Durant do extremely well already.

Nothing but a dumbass roster move, replacing Vogel with Budenholzer won’t change a thing.

Agree Beal sucks. But I stand by my comment that KD is washed, and I’ll add that he’s a whiney bitch too.

Suns should have listened to Barkley. I mean he’s only the greatest player in the history of their franchise.

Agree Beal sucks. But I stand by my comment that KD is washed, and I’ll add that he’s a whiney bitch too.

Suns should have listened to Barkley. I mean he’s only the greatest player in the history of their franchise.
Yea I think Durant is a good sidekick for Booker at this point and not much more.

The Suns were just a lot closer with Ayton/Bridges than they are with Beal.

Reactions: Wonky
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT