ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy - Stack - Tuesday - Memorial

Nope.

We had 3 injuries for the first 4 games (2 starters and 6th man). Then our PG sprained his ankle. Then our 6th man hit a girl and got kicked off the team. Our starting center has spent half the year with a bad hip. Then our 6’8 wing who was our best shooter and 2nd best rebounder tore his Achilles (Colin Smith), then a few others got hurt.

It’s been a weird season…

We have no bigs and we can’t shoot, bad combo.
Well we have Coach squid Calamari so the game should be a pickem

We have several.

Ezra Filet Manjon is 0 for SEC play.
Tyrin Lawrence shoots 25% from 3
Tasos Kamateros hasn’t made a 3 in SEC play
Everyone else shoots between 20-30% from 3.

It’s disgusting to watch.
BUT, just wait, Vandy hasn't played the OLE" of defenses in the SEC yet.......
Vandy will be raining down the 3's like the California "Bomb-Cyclone"!!!!!!!

We will have our best defensive gsme tommorow . Not sure the offense on the horrible court but our effort n D will be best of season. The players are young but not blind an deaf they hear the smoke on Cal an feel embarrassed themselves whether it's their fault or not.

Also expect us to go on a little 5 game heater. Then Cal will get comfy an we will start to regress then play like we are now In March n bounce out. That seems Cals recent pattern anyway.

We will have our best defensive gsme tommorow . Not sure the offense on the horrible court but our effort n D will be best of season. The players are young but not blind an deaf they hear the smoke on Cal an feel embarrassed themselves whether it's their fault or not.

Also expect us to go on a little 5 game heater. Then Cal will get comfy an we will start to regress then play like we are now In March n bounce out. That seems Cals recent pattern anyway.

Doubt it. Road games at auburn and at lsu and home games against zags and ole miss. 4 and 1 would be a miracle.

I'll be there since I live in Nashville and we go every year but I am so down on the program right now -- its hard to get excited for the game. I will still show up and cheer my Cats on but I am not happy right now.
I have attended at least 1 Cat game every year but 4 I was in Navy since I got out of college in 1980. Bought tickets to this one in December. I was pumped at the time,now not so much. I was going to SEC Tourney this year but wife and I decided to go to Virgin Islands instead. Just don't see the point in spending 3 or 4 grand to watch us flame out. I always thought when I retired I would go to more UK road games if they played in interesting places like Maui,( don't get me started on that subject). Now I wouldn't spend a dime to watch this shit show. I truly HATE what Cal has done to our program and I despise the arrogant AD that has allowed him to do it. If Cal returns next year I will break my tradition and not attend a game or watch one until he is gone I've had enough. I'm sure nobody will give a crap when I do but when UK loses fans like me,and they are losing them in droves, eventually maybe something will give.

1) Sup, Fam?

2) Stack has to be fired after this season. Zero Vandy fans left supporting him. Most fans staying home in protest until he’s fired.

3) Cats come to Nashville Tuesday night, very little excitement or chatter about this game. This was always a great game, but has been reduced to a game where both fanbases want to fire their coaches.

4) Nobody bitches about all of the “unfair”
advantages in Memorial Gym now that we suck. Funny how that works, huh…
Bad news.
Cal will save Stack his job and yuck it up with him after the game.

This is no exaggeration when I say that this is THE worst defense I have ever seen at Kentucky and my earliest memories are from around 1980ish. It's absolutely pathetic. The game resembles and And One tournament or a regular season NBA game. Never thought it could get this bad on defense. Ever.

Vandy's top 2 players are their 2 guards, theyre gonna feast. UK allows the opponent to shoot nearly 42.5% from the floor.

Set a high ball screen and score. Rinse and repeat. Even Stackhouse can manage to get his team to do this.

On the inbound pass just tell the Vandy doing the inbound to have patience. Either Reeves, Reed, DJ, or Dillingham will play lazy defense and Vandy can score.

I think Cal will roll over for his buddy Stack and his son Brad. Beating UK will save Stacks job.
I am pretty sure Cal and Stack are not at all buddies. Stack hates UK, and very likely despises Cal. Didn't he blow by Cal after a loss last year or the year before?

If we lose tomorrow, it'll be because Cal. If we go into this game with DJ out AGAIN, and some horsecrap about another player's "illness", then trot out a bunch of no defending players trying to outshoot the opponent, we may as well hang it up and call it a day for the rest of the year.

I'm just hoping Vandy is ice cold and we light it up. We don't play much defense, so our only hope is that Vandy is just awful on offense and we hit at least a good clip of our shots. My biggest fear? Cal uses this game as an experiment to bring back his backasswards post up game to try to get Bradshaw out of his funk. You know, he's only got a few more games to get Bradshaw seen for the NBA draft.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Our defense will not be better. Just because Vandy misses wide open shots or layups doesn't mean we somehow found ourselves defensively. There will be people - fans, media, etc. - that think this is a sign of improved defense, but it needs to be said again that a craptastic offensive team missing wide open opportunities still means we have a sieve for a defense. Key identifying word here is "wide open".

Last edited:
1) Sup, Fam?

2) Stack has to be fired after this season. Zero Vandy fans left supporting him. Most fans staying home in protest until he’s fired.

3) Cats come to Nashville Tuesday night, very little excitement or chatter about this game. This was always a great game, but has been reduced to a game where both fanbases want to fire their coaches.

I figured adding Brad Calipari would turn that program around. “Earned not given” .

1) Sup, Fam?

You can have cal and son. They will bring you some nba players but you won’t win anything. lol Jk cal isn’t going to go somewhere he has to play uk twice a year. He still avoids Memphis

I am pretty sure Cal and Stack are not at all buddies. Stack hates UK, and very likely despises Cal. Didn't he blow by Cal after a loss last year or the year before?

If we lose tomorrow, it'll be because Cal. If we go into this game with DJ out AGAIN, and some horsecrap about another player's "illness", then trot out a bunch of no defending players trying to outshoot the opponent, we may as well hang it up and call it a day for the rest of the year.

I'm just hoping Vandy is ice cold and we light it up. We don't play much defense, so our only hope is that Vandy is just awful on offense and we hit at least a good clip of our shots. My biggest fear? Cal uses this game as an experiment to bring back his backasswards post up game to try to get Bradshaw out of his funk. You know, he's only got a few more games to get Bradshaw seen for the NBA draft.
Naw , that is all water under the bridge. I remember reading an article (I think last year) where Stackhouse said he used to hate Calipari but after talking to people and looking into some stuff he now respects what he has done . I mean , there’s no way he would have Brad on staff if he hated Calipari.

Naw , that is all water under the bridge. I remember reading an article (I think last year) where Stackhouse said he used to hate Calipari but after talking to people and looking into some stuff he now respects what he has done . I mean , there’s no way he would have Brad on staff if he hated Calipari.
Respects what he’s done? I guess that’s how you get on Cal’s good side. Not much of late to respect, so Stack must have been desperate.

Reactions: Friedas_Boss
Respects what he’s done? I guess that’s how you get on Cal’s good side. Not much of late to respect, so Stack must have been desperate.
This is from the article, it was last year.

It wasn’t just beating Calipari that caused Stackhouse to soften. Ahead of tonight’s rematch with Kentucky, Stackhouse told reporters his perception of Calipari changed after watching “One and Not Done,” ESPN’s “30 for 30” on Cal and his career.

“I think a lot of it is just the respect for his longevity, his tenure. He’s one of those guys, I mean, I watched the ’30 for 30′ on him. I think I saw how he battled, how he cares about his players, cares about his guys. Kind of changed my perspective on him a little bit just from watching that, digging a little deeper in it.”

In fact, after watching the “30 for 30,” Stackhouse said he can see a little of himself in Calipari.

“You kind of see, you hear noise all the time about people, but until you kind of dig deep and kind of pull the layers back a little bit. That was fun to see. I kind of felt like I was in his shoes a little bit when he was playing Chaney and those guys, trying to beat them. You know what I’m saying? Kicked our ass quite a few times, and we finally got a chance to knock them off. I saw some parallels

Last edited:
  • Love
This game will be a struggle for the cats, just like it's always been, we can easily lose.

When I look at Reeves, Dillingham and Sheppard, I see 60 points a night and a very high upside for UK.

What gives? How are those three not dominating more?

When they run in to veteran teams that are athletic and physical, they are not as effective. Teams key on those three players knowing the rest of the team is not going to beat them. Our bigs are mostly defenders and rebounders without a lot of offense right now. Mitchell has some offense and can score but is playing to many minutes a game. Our freshmen are talented, but they can't be the bulk of our scoring every game. Wagner being out has really hurt us, his ability to drive and get to the rim or find the open man is a big part of this offense.

Don't worry you guys will shoot the lights out and beat us twice just like last year.
Vandy is 340 in the nation shooting the three. Lawrence and the little guard that burned us last year love to drive it. Need our bigs ready to cram shots down their throats.

When I look at Reeves, Dillingham and Sheppard, I see 60 points a night and a very high upside for UK.

What gives? How are those three not dominating more?
Simple: they score a lot but give up even more on the other side of the ball. Defense in a nutshell:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Simple: they score a lot but give up even more on the other side of the ball.
Wonder how many of our losses would have been wins if we had played zone defenses? With the three bigs to protect easy drives the guards could extend out beyond the three line with in your face defense in a zone and give up the tougher to make two's.

Wonder how many of our losses would have been wins if we had played zone defenses? With the three bigs to protect easy drives the guards could extend out beyond the three line with in your face defense in a zone and give up the tougher to make two's.
I'm not even sure how much that would matter. We'd still likely give up wide open 3s. We never extend beyond the 3 line and get in their face.

I'm not even sure how much that would matter. We'd still likely give up wide open 3s. We never extend beyond the 3 line and get in their face.
I wish they would tell us why we don't extend out that far knowing that almost every team kills us from the three. Why do we never run teams off the three knowing what is going to happen?

1) Sup, Fam?

I could never believe that Vanderbilt hired an employee let alone their basketball coach with fake academic credentials.

Memorial Gym as most know is located only 35 miles from the Commonwealth's border. Nashville is west Kentucky's largest city. If there is not a lot of blue there tonight that ought to tell Mitch a lot.

Memorial Gym is the second best basketball venue behind UK's Memorial Coliseum ever (pre-1978 configuration). If you ever get to attend a basketball game at Memorial Gym, make sure you sit behind the basket and low. Super.

Every time UK-Vandy play, I always remember the great games with both ranked often in the top 10 with Coach Rupp and Roy Skinner battling. Clyde Lee, Cotton Nash, to Tommy Hagan, Perry Wallace, Dan Issel, Mike Casey, Mike Pratt, those were absolutely the greatest. Those were the days. It would be great to see both UK and Vanderbilt return to the top 10 battles one day...it sure won't be tonight or anytime soon.

• Love
1) Sup, Fam?

Dude , hate to break it to you but……there’s no damn way Stackhouse is going to be fired this year . He was SEC coach of the year last season. Didn’t realize that. That buys him a couple of years .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT