ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy Showing True Class

Mason really seems to care about his players. Vandy take a special coach to win there (Franklin). Hate that it's not working out for him. He still is a rich man after this failure so not all is bad.

Said before the game started if we were gonna lose it wouldn’t bother me nearly as bad to lose to a team wearing the names of fallen soldiers on their jerseys. Class act by Vandy!

Mason really seems to care about his players. Vandy take a special coach to win there (Franklin). Hate that it's not working out for him. He still is a rich man after this failure so not all is bad.
I still think he is a good head coach. The schedule was brutal this year, having to play Alabama, a still functional Florida, and UGA back to back to back without a bye.

Mason should be hired in to a DC position if we could pull him. Not a guy I've ever disliked while he s been at Vandy

Last edited:
UL is doing a similar tribute to those lost in the war on drugs. Gonna have each player a gold chain to wear like Miami had for big defensive plays and halftime shoutouts to the boys lockeddown.

Reactions: Blouman
Didn't say he was headed to a DC position,but was for years at Stanford, and may well be departing Vandy soon,......or may not . If he ever got shit canned I don't think it's a far stretch to imagine him in the role of DC

I have noticed that there seems to be a little extra honoring for our veterans this year. Reckon people are trying to show the NFL what they really think of their antics?

I have noticed that there seems to be a little extra honoring for our veterans this year. Reckon people are trying to show the NFL what they really think of their antics?
You mean NFL players practicing their right of freedom of speech, one of the rights that these veterans fought to protect?

Yes, the constitutionally enshrined right of an employee to alienate the customer base of his employer.
Perhaps some of the consumer base should learn how to treat minorities like human beings, then there wouldn't be a problem. No need to protest being treated unequally or unjustly if one is being treated equally and justly...

Perhaps some of the consumer base should learn how to treat minorities like human beings, then there wouldn't be a problem. No need to protest being treated unequally or unjustly if one is being treated equally and justly...
Didn't hear many complaints about fan racism before the anthem protests. Funny, that.

Didn't hear many complaints about fan racism before the anthem protests. Funny, that.
They aren't protesting the fans, they are protesting racism and police brutality, which has persisted long before these anthem protests ever started. How have you managed to willfully ignore that by now, or are you just cool with minorities being treated like subhumans?

Last edited:
It's not fan racism, it's general racism and police brutality, which has persisted long before these anthem protests ever started. How have you managed to willfully ignore that by now, or are you just cool with minorities being treated like subhumans?
You literally just complained about fan racism.

And I don't care if they kneel. When I watch an NFL game, which is about 2 quarters per week, I want to watch football and don't really give a rip about any player or coach or owner's political opinions or whatever drama about handshakes and whatnot the media has fabricated in the week leading up to the game.

I'm just pointing out the fact that kneeling is killing the league. If that's racist then facts are racist.

Racism goes both ways. We did elect a minority president twice. If our nation is so racist then I don't believe that would have been possible.

And I don't care if they kneel. When I watch an NFL game, which is about 2 quarters per week, I want to watch football and don't really give a rip about any player or coach or owner's political opinions or whatever drama about handshakes and whatnot the media has fabricated in the week leading up to the game.

I'm just pointing out the fact that kneeling is killing the league. If that's racist then facts are racist.
There are a bunch of baseball fans who never came back after the strike.

Anecdotally, I know a BUNCH of people who were casual/big NFL fans who have said they'll NEVER watch the NFL again over this anthem shit... they've definitely done significant irrevocable damage to their brand and image over not nipping this crap in the bud when they had the chance.

facepalm.gif

White people not watching because minorities are protesting not receiving equal treatment, yeah that's kinda racist.

Anecdotally, I know a BUNCH of people who were casual/big NFL fans who have said they'll NEVER watch the NFL again over this anthem shit... they've definitely done significant irrevocable damage to their brand and image over not nipping this crap in the bud when they could have.
Nipping in the bud a constitutional right?
facepalm.gif

facepalm.gif

White people not watching because minorities are protesting not receiving equal treatment, yeah that's kinda racist.

Nipping in the bud a constitutional right?
facepalm.gif
Again, no complaints about racist fans before they were turned off by the anthem protests. Perhaps they aren't stark raving racists, but merely disagree with the manner of protest? Nah. Too complex for you.

And the second part is like saying the NFL nipped the Second Amendment in the bud by not allowing firearms in stadiums. The Bill of Rights restricts the government, not private entities.

Again, no complaints about racist fans before they were turned off by the anthem protests. Perhaps they aren't stark raving racists, but merely disagree with the manner of protest? Nah. Too complex for you.

And the second part is like saying the NFL nipped the Second Amendment in the bud by not allowing firearms in stadiums. The Bill of Rights restricts the government, not private entities.
What do you not understand? The player protests are about racism and police brutality, they are not about only the NFL fans that happen to be racists. How are you still so willfully ignorant to this fact?

The NFL isn't in violation of the 2nd amendment because the second amendment has only been interpreted to say that people have a right to own guns, not a right to carry guns wherever and however they want. Hence why both private and public enterprise is allowed to make rules or laws restricting the carrying of guns. If the 2nd amendment said I had a right to carry guns, I would be able to waltz on over to my local public high school with a gun on my hip and not be in violation of any laws.

By saying one is not allowed to make a statement, that is infringing on one's right to exercise free speech. One can't "legally" (in quotes since breaking an NFL rule isn't a violation of criminal law) exercise their right to exercise free speech if the rules forbid it. No one is legally allowed to deny one the ability to exercise free speech, but they can potentially be punished for it after the fact, rather it be criminal charges or whatever the private enterprise rules state, based on the content of that speech.

Much like gun ownership, no one can deny you the right to own a gun (unless you fall under one of the nine exemptions), but what you do with said gun can potentially violate laws and rules.

Lastly, private enterprise isn't exempt from the Constitution. Have you lost your damn mind?

For example, my employer, a private college, can't forbid me from praying in my office as that would be a violation of the first amendment which gives me the right to free exercise of religion. They can fire me for doing it after the fact (though they would very likely find themselves in court over it), but they can't forbid me from exercising the right.

And my employer, once again a private college, can't prevent our students from owning guns as that would be in violation of the 2nd amendment, which grants them the right to own guns. However, they can tell these students that they aren't allowed to carry the guns on campus.

Please try to make yourself more informed before arguing over the Constitution. You are making yourself look like a damn fool.

ADVERTISEMENT