ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy, Florida and Auburn are not pushovers

See my new (10 minute old) thread.
Party Soccer GIF by Coca-Cola

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
Very surprised that most UK fans think we’ll just roll the next three teams. And if you say that’s not what most are saying, you’re living under a rock. I’ve seen folks say these are bad teams we’ll be playing. For a team that struggles to score as much as we do, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go 3-0 or 0-3. I’m enjoying the win against UM, and I’m cautiously optimistic, but to think we’ll just walk into Gainesville where we’ve won 3 times in the last 50 years and roll them, I don’t get it, at all. Vandy played Missouri to OT last week (and we play them after a bye week which doesn’t bode well), and Auburn just lost a close one to OK that they were winning late. These will likely be toss up games IMO.
Agree...we'll need our A effort (if not our A game) for all 3. Let's hope we can handle prosperity and keep improving each week. We can still have the type of season we all want

FWIW, ESPN’s predictor has UK 76% to win against Vandy, 56% to win at Florida, and 64% against Auburn. Add up those probabilities, and you get slightly under 2 wins, so 2-1 in those three games is most likely, with 1-2 very slightly more likely than 3-0….
Sounds like screwed up reasoning to say you are more likely to go 1-2 than 3-0 in 3 games which you are favored in each.

Vandy is very much like UK. If the real Vandy shows up, they are dangerous. The same Vandy team also lost to *checks notes* Georgia State. A 2-2 Georgia State that is SIXTH in the Sun Belt. So, they can either beat or be Vandy.

Florida hasn't beaten anyone of standard. They beat Samford and Miss St. And Miss St is awwwwwwwful right now.

Auburn is not good either. We should go 3-0 in this set.

Very surprised that most UK fans think we’ll just roll the next three teams. And if you say that’s not what most are saying, you’re living under a rock. I’ve seen folks say these are bad teams we’ll be playing. For a team that struggles to score as much as we do, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go 3-0 or 0-3. I’m enjoying the win against UM, and I’m cautiously optimistic, but to think we’ll just walk into Gainesville where we’ve won 3 times in the last 50 years and roll them, I don’t get it, at all. Vandy played Missouri to OT last week (and we play them after a bye week which doesn’t bode well), and Auburn just lost a close one to OK that they were winning late. These will likely be toss up games IMO.
We will be favored in each of these games, so they won't be a toss up by Vegas' standards, as things stand now, but our margin for error with a lower scoring offense means we can't take any for granted. We can't overlook anyone, but we should enter each game knowing if we play our A game, then we will win.

Stoops teams have been poor historically coming off bye weeks.

We are going to learn a lot about the makeup of this team during the Vanderbilt game.
It's a misused stat, much like the "he doesn't beat SEC teams with a winning record"(even though 50%+ of the games that qualified for that were Bama and UGA). More than 50% of his losses after a bye week were recorded in his first few years before his teams were good enough to make it to a bowl game and all of the losses were on the road, where UK is rarely favored. Since 2016 he has a 57% winning percentage after a bye, which is about the same as the team's overall record, and all losses have come on the road. Context matters.

What are you basing this on? Do those teams have better offenses than Georgia and ole miss?
Auburn does have a great offense, with qualifiers. They pass for over 450 yards a game and rush for over 175, averaging 5.5 yards a rush. They're only problem is turnovers. They've fumbled 11 times, losing 6 and thrown 9 interceptions and this, in big part, is because they have trouble pass blocking. We will need to continue those trends, which we have proven we are capable of doing, in order to win.

Vandy certainly frightens me the most. Vandy has an ALL Conference level QB. Ihope our team is taking Vandy a lot moreseriouslythan most of our fans. Vandy will put more yards and more points onus Han GA. They are legit. May not be GA, Bama, TX, but they are not a walk over.
Vandy has an All Conference level QB. Are Beck and Dart not both Heisman Contenders? We kept both in check. I trust in our Defense.

Reactions: The-Hack
Auburn was up by multiple scores on Oklahoma who looks to have a great defense, as good as or better than UKs.
Vanderbilt has been in some tight games and almost knocked off a top 10 team in Missouri. Florida on the road won't be an easy trip and look like they are an improving team.
Ok, so we “almost” knocked off the number 1 team in the country at the time we played them, and DID knock off the #6 team on the road. Of course we have to take every game seriously and I’m by no means saying we will roll, but as long as the team that played against SC doesn’t show up, we should be able to pull this one out.

IMHO, our D is of course very solid and can keep us in most any game. The offense isn't clicking yet and most of that falls on the o-line..but it appears to be improving. If we control the ball like we typically do and don't make mistakes, we should win all three games. Key words there, should and if. I think we are deeper at most positions than any of those three teams. Can't say that about us vs a lot of the rest of the sec, though. I think we can lean on these three teams, control the clock, limit mistakes..and score enough to win all three. At least that's what I hope and believe we can and will do. Still wanna see more of Wimsat(sp). He looked to have a good arm against Ohio but didn't throw a pass against UM...IIRC.

FWIW, ESPN’s predictor has UK 76% to win against Vandy, 56% to win at Florida, and 64% against Auburn. Add up those probabilities, and you get slightly under 2 wins, so 2-1 in those three games is most likely, with 1-2 very slightly more likely than 3-0….
How does three games with above 50% win predictions equal slightly under two wins. That makes zero sense to me.

That's how probabilities work and so many have a hard time grasping it. Like if there's a 75% chance of some things occurring, then what is the chance of that same outcome 10 times in a row. It's less than a 6% chance.

Reactions: PushupMan
How does three games with above 50% win predictions equal slightly under two wins. That makes zero sense to me.
If you’ve got a little time and can find a 20-sided die, you can approximate this in a little experiment….

Since Vandy is a 76% win, roll the 20 sided die and if the number comes up 1-15, UK wins. If 16-20, then Vandy does.

Roll the dice again for the Florida game … (1-11 UK wins, 12-20 Florida).

Then for Auburn, 1-13 UK wins, and 14-20 Auburn does.

Write down the results … how many wins did UK get?

Repeat this sequence 10 or so times (30 would be optimal, but who has that much time?!)… how often did UK go 3-0? What was the average number of UK wins?

Last edited:
I Do think that most UK fans expect to win the next three games, but I don't think many are expecting it to be easy. In fact, it would be very UK to lose at least one of them.

Here are my expectations:

-Come out flat, but hopefully win a nailbiter against vandy. Night game should help the energy in the stadium.
-I'm undecided on Florida. If they lose to UCF at home this weekend, then they go up to Knoxville and get killed next weekend then I think they close up shop and we roll them. If they beat UCF, their season is still alive and well even if they lose to UT.
-I expect a VERY tough and hard fought game against auburn. They're a few bounces away from being undefeated, but instead they're 2-3. They SHOULD have beaten oklahoma and Arkansas. But, if they lose to Georgia this weekend and then lose to mizzou next weekend, where are there heads at when they come into LEX?\

A lot depends on how these teams fare in the next few weeks before we know what we will be dealing with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT