ADVERTISEMENT

Vandagriff 1st Five Star QB at UK since?

I literally seen an article last night that ranked him a 5* but can't find it. Doh!!!
Only rating I seen for Woodson was 4Star, but Rivals listed him as the #7 overall QB in the nation.
Drew Barker was rated 95 by 247, #5 (Pro style)
Patrick Towels was also #9 in the nation. (Pro style)
Boyley #12
Mossakowski #14 (Pro style)
Allen #20 (Pro style)

Since Rivals began posting recruiting rankings online in 2001, UK has signed 5 considered 4 stars. Woodson was before Rivals in 2001.
No 5 Stars. Not even Woodson.

Reactions: secrules3
I’m 63 and I still don’t remember 5 stars back then, doesn’t matter, I remember Andre being like number 7 and Tim was number 1 in QB ranking back them but I could be wrong, both ended up being great QBs for UK , Newton was. 4 star from Indiana I believe, one of Jokers guys. Got credit for the win at Auburn but I think Feilder did most of the work. Getting older now my memory might be off.
Couch was pretty much the consensus #1 recruit in the country back then. That's pretty much all that matters.

I know Couch was an amazing get for UK. But Im more interested in how this "team" plays together.

Vandagriff will be important, but think about those throws that were unbelievable and not caught by open receivers when Couch played.

If we want to play close games all year, so be it....I just hope we play well as a "team"

Reactions: The-Hack
Im guessing Couch in the late 90s?
They didn't have star rankings back then. I do recall Couch was selected the #1 player in the country by Parade Magazine which was a big deal back then. So if there were star rankings back then I'm pretty sure he would have been a 5.

So if there were star rankings back then I'm pretty sure he would have been a 5.

Several printed pubs had star ratings topping out at 5, even back then and he was a “Five.”

I bought one in the Deep South his Senior year, and his photo graced the cover.

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT