ADVERTISEMENT

UT Player attacks a fan

Deeeefense

Aug 22, 2001
Chattanooga
Watch #21 for UT grab a fan and shove him into a woman and they both go down:

#21 for UT is Omari Thomas. If I were head coach of a team that had a player do that they would be told to clean out their locker no matter how many stars they had besides their name. Someone could have gotten badly hurt there.

Looney Tunes Nothing To See Here GIF

• Haha
Reactions: HerrosHeroes
Nothing will happen, fans shouldn’t be on the field in the first place. Losing players emotions are running high, he will apologize for losing his composure and “It will be handled within”. UT is the Kansas of NCAA basketball, minus not winning anything.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Nothing will happen, fans shouldn’t be on the field in the first place. Losing players emotions are running high, he will apologize for losing his composure and “It will be handled within”. UT is the Kansas of NCAA basketball, minus not winning anything.

Until the home team's have to forfeit, it will never stop.

And the revenge of the nerd rally last night in Nashville and somehow chucking a giant goal post into the city's river is cool. I dont get it personally.

If anyone else throws something that big into the river and is caught, I'm pretty sure they get in trouble.

I agree as well on the players. They will handle it internally and nothing will happen. I couldn't imagine trying to leave the field or court and having a bunch of drunk morons surrounding u talking smack. I'm not defending the action of the UT player at all as you can't do that but whenever these things happen it never surprises me.

Total Bull$hit defending that player. Fans shouldn't be on the field but a few things that some of the sites (and I think SEC Country is one) are reporting it was a male Arkansas cheerleader so he has.every right to be out there. Second, there was no menacing behavior from the fans that I saw, certainly not the one who was shoved, unlike the situation we had at Arkansas when the Harrison's were here and a couple of Arkansas punks were trying to throw down with Aaron at the end of the game.
If you're in a crowded mall at Christmas season, at Disney World, going into a sporting event, you don't have the right to grab and shove another person walking through the crowd, that's assault. And that's exactly what happened in that video.

Throw me down like that and I'm going to lay there and call Morgan and Morgan before I get up.
Which they should anyway
I’d say

“where did this happen, did the player come into the stands and attack you?”

“No sir, I was on the field.”

“*click*, dial tone*”

Reactions: sefleming
I’d say

“where did this happen, did the player come into the stands and attack you?”

“No sir, I was on the field.”

“*click*, dial tone*”
Doesn’t take away from the fact that this (rushing the field) happens a LOT. And….each and every player out there knows this. They need to act accordingly. Not go and throw someone to the damn ground like the street thug that he is! Think he would’ve done this on their home field to one of their fans? Doubt it. Omari Thomas should be suspended at the very least!

Reactions: Girthang
Doesn’t take away from the fact that this (rushing the field) happens a LOT. And….each and every player out there knows this. They need to act accordingly. Not go and throw someone to the damn ground like the street thug that he is! Think he would’ve done this on their home field to one of their fans? Doubt it. Omari Thomas should be suspended at the very least!
I’ve been banging the KEEP THE FANS OFF THE F’N FIELD drum for as long as people have been doing it. It’s always a disaster waiting to happen when a bunch of drunk idiots run onto the field through an emotional bunch of athletes after taking a loss. As far as I’m concerned you assume all risk when you run onto the field in that situation. If you get crushed by a player I feel zero sympathy for you.

Reactions: sefleming

The fans don't act accordingly and that's the primary issue. IU and it's thug fans almost trampled poor Miller in basketball n December 2011.

Most players act very professionally despite dealing with leering morons and drunks and the dregs of society up in their space and I commend them for it.

I'm not defending this UT player as he should have done the same but these goofy court and field stormings are out of hand and so cliche and dangerous for all parties.

I dislike the vols and their trash program as much as anyone, but I agree with this. But reality to this is the vol was on the field heading to the dressing room, doing what he was suppose to be doing after the game, the fan buying a ticket doesn't give him a right to be on the field. The reason for this is to avoid situations like this. When the Vols beat Bama a Bama player grabbed a female vol by the neck. Neither happens if fans stay in the stands.

My first thought was stay off the field. Not a fan of storming. But this was deliberate and way more than pushing a fan out of the way to get to the locker room. Both are at fault. But so is ESPN/networks as they continuously televise these stormings.

Is not like he searched out for a fan moseying by to assault.
The fan is swimming between two people. Running where there is no room to run.
You can see him put his arms in between the player and a star member to squeeze in between them.
It looks like the staff member also kind of pushed him by.
The player's actions were similar, but more forceful and probably had some emotion behind it.
I'm not going to judge him for it.

Is not like he searched out for a fan moseying by to assault.
The fan is swimming between two people. Running where there is no room to run.
You can see him put his arms in between the player and a star member to squeeze in between them.
It looks like the staff member also kind of pushed him by.
The player's actions were similar, but more forceful and probably had some emotion behind it.
I'm not going to judge him for it.
If that was you or your kin being pushed like a rag doll you might think differently. Plus, the guy was pushed right into a female and she fell as well. No place for that BS. Cop was right there too. Should he be on the field? No. Should he be brutally shoved into another person esp a female knocking both to the ground? Absolutely not. Procecute the thug to the fullest! We gonna beat their arses too!
Skol!

If that was you or your kinbeimg pushed like a rag doll you migh think differently. Plus, the guy was pushed imto a femsle and she fell as well. No place for that BS. Cop was right there too. Should he be on the firld? No. Should he be brutally shoved into another person esp a female knocking both to the ground? Absolutely not. Procecute the Thig to the fullest! We gonna beat there arses too!
Skol!
Wouldn’t happen to me because I wouldn’t be on the field.

By the way I have the same position on this whether it’s Duke, Tennessee, Kentucky, or Alcorn State. Some of you would probably be defending our player and saying the same things I’m saying if it were a Kentucky player.

Reactions: assistbyhawkins
I dislike the vols and their trash program as much as anyone, but I agree with this. But reality to this is the vol was on the field heading to the dressing room, doing what he was suppose to be doing after the game, the fan buying a ticket doesn't give him a right to be on the field. The reason for this is to avoid situations like this. When the Vols beat Bama a Bama player grabbed a female vol by the neck. Neither happens if fans stay in the stands.

"Yeah. They were just asking to be pushed down or grabbed by the neck. You could tell they really wanted it."

No excuse for acting like that as players. None at all.

Is rushing the field stupid? Yes. As stupid as dressing provocatively in parts of Dearborn MI on fact. Still doesn't excuse the behavior of anyone that assaults another person without provocation or fear of harm.

That UT player is fortunate someone didn't take out one of his knees after he did that. That's a piece of sht move on te player's part

People know these players have NIL money now. Whether it would be frivolous or not, I bet situations like this in the future will involve the player being sued.
Does the fan have the right to be on the field? Sue away, you’ll lose.

According to some on this thread, they're OK with football players assaulting people after they lose a game. Nice
Only if you tell the whole story. If a fan runs onto the field where THEY DO NOT BELONG (you know the SEC fines universities for this) and they get crushed by a player who is where he belongs, no sympathy from me. Buying a ticket to the game does not give you access to the field.

Only if you tell the whole story. If a fan runs onto the field where THEY DO NOT BELONG (you know the SEC fines universities for this) and they get crushed by a player who is where he belongs, no sympathy from me. Buying a ticket to the game does not give you access to the field.
So, I can't tell for certain, but it looks like, as another poster alluded, that the male who was violently pushed down, may have been a EDITED: Arkansas cheerleader. How does your position change if the victim was, in fact, a cheerleader who has every right to be on the field?

If the entire premise for your defense of the player is that the victim of the assault and battery had no right to be on the field, the cheerleader has a case. Click.

Last edited:
If you run right out in front of a car don’t be surprised when you get hit. I hate the comparison but I’m playing along.
Lol. If the car goes out of the way to hit the walker. It’s on the car…..
Just like the player here.
But die on that hill

Lol. If the car goes out of the way to hit the walker. It’s on the car…..
Just like the player here.
But die on that hill
No hill to die on here. Favs don’t belong on the field and assume all risk by going where they don’t belong. I don’t budge on my opinion on this. Especially if you choose to not only get on the field but also run directly through the losing team trying to leave the field on your way there. Something really bad is going to happen one day. Fans and players are separated for a reason.

it didn't appear as if that particular fan was a threat to the player. We didn't see or hear all the evidence but if some are saying the player was within his rights because he felt threatened, idk about that one!

So, I can't tell for certain, but it looks like, as another poster alluded, that the male who was violently pushed down, may have been a Vanderbilt cheerleader. How does your position change if the victim was, in fact, a Vanderbilt cheerleader who has every right to be on the field?

If the entire premise for your defense of the player is that the victim of the assault and battery had no right to be on the field, the cheerleader has a case. Click.

What the hell was a Vandy cheerleader doing at the UT-Arkansas game?

Scouting future opponent UT?

Lol I'm assuming you meant Arkansas.

it didn't appear as if that particular fan was a threat to the player. We didn't see or hear all the evidence but if some are saying the player was within his rights because he felt threatened, idk about that one!
In this NIL era, it is just a matter of time before a player loses his shirt as a consequence of losing control in these circumstances.

I can't help but question what someone who can't control himself when someone jostles past him during a celebration will do in a sports bar some day under similar circumstances. In crowds, there's unavoidable jostling. The two individuals, cheerleaders or not, were just trying to squeeze through.

I get that fans should not be on the field. These two could have been cheerleaders. They could have been press. They could have been family of the coaches. Or, they could have just been fans with no business being on the field other than to celebrate an upset victory.

It didn't look to me like #21 checked their credentials before leveling them.

Both the fan and the player were wrong. Nobody hurt. Water under the bridge in this case. Learn from it.. both parties and teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT