ADVERTISEMENT

UT lands Huntley-Hatfield

Tennessee had two lottery picks this year and were a 5 seed. They had a team for the ages with Grant Williams and blew it.

They may whip our ass - Barnes kind of owns Cal at the moment - but I can’t get behind the UT hype train.
I'm with this guy...

If I could buy Tennessee basketball stock for what it is worth, and sell it for what their fans think it is worth, I'd be a very rich man.

Here's my summary I came up with once when talking to a Vol about the difference in the programs. And it still works years later:

In 2010, Kentucky lost in the Elite Eight and it was a disappointing defeat, though the next year UK was in the Final Four and in two years won a Championship.

In 2010, Tennessee lost in the Elite Eight also -- and it was and remains the greatest year in the program's history.
We are living in a glass house at the moment.

Kentucky has blown like four or five 7+ point leads in the past 5 years. If not for that, this stupid “Barnes owns Cal” narrative would be dead.
One of the games you speak of was probably the 2019 SECT game. We were absolutely railroaded in that game. The referees totally gave UT that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT